Hacking RawkSD

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
kirakills said:
i just ran into a problem i made a custom and when i go and play it it doesn't have any audio and all the customs just start when you see the highway. can somebody help and does it have to be mp3 cause i have a custom that has a mp3 track and just the highway is messed up and the others are wma.
Read the tutorial about delaying highways, its in the settings. Im sure it says about which audio formats aswell.

Just wana echo what others asked about if GH3 Customs will cause any problems when installing if i have normal GH3 already installed. And having a display of SD Card space available would be good.

Great work in getting GH3 compatible btw, its like having new songs playing them on RB2 instead. If GHWT ever becomes compatible i wont have to ever boot up a GH Series game again!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Riftoff said:
RB1 import songs still aren't showing up in my game, I used both my camera's and my Wii's main 2GB non-HC cards. I've loaded all the songs onto them successfully, I installed the patch and then installed the songs, I go into quickplay and nothing is there. Please help.
Read the directions again. You start the installer on the wii, THEN install songs on the card, THEN take the card back to the wii to finish installing.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. I'm having a problem when I install RB1 imports to SD. RawkSD crashes when transferring "Highway Star". Any help?

EDIT: found out, SD card is full. lolfail

Grim666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So can anyone chart vocals yet? or are they 'out of bounds' for the moment? and also the music cutting out when you miss a note, is this possible?

Final question, can we use Frets on Fire charts?

Riftoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lazor said:
Riftoff said:
RB1 import songs still aren't showing up in my game, I used both my camera's and my Wii's main 2GB non-HC cards. I've loaded all the songs onto them successfully, I installed the patch and then installed the songs, I go into quickplay and nothing is there. Please help.
Maybe for some reason it's not importing the tiering. Edit one of the songs in RawkSD to be sure.
I checked, all the tiers are there.

Is there some sort of homebrew software aside from RawkSD and Superdump required?

kirakills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
(Grim666 @ Jul 7 2009, 10:06 PM)
So can anyone chart vocals yet? or are they 'out of bounds' for the moment? and also the music cutting out when you miss a note, is this possible?

i dont know about charting vocals cause i don't shart songs and for the fof charts they work fine a tested one and i just need to delay the highway cause it starts right when you see the highway.
QUOTE(crezwell @ Jul 7 2009, 08:48 PM)

Read the tutorial about delaying highways, its in the settings. Im sure it says about which audio formats aswell.

Just wana echo what others asked about if GH3 Customs will cause any problems when installing if i have normal GH3 already installed. And having a display of SD Card space available would be good.

Great work in getting GH3 compatible btw, its like having new songs playing them on RB2 instead. If GHWT ever becomes compatible i wont have to ever boot up a GH Series game again!

i dont get the delay part it says miliseconds how do i do it for rawk cause it has 0.00 how would i input 3000ms into the 0.00?

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grim666 said:

I'd like to know about the FOF question also. Anyone have a tutorial about how to handle the various .ogg and .mogg files that come with the FOF songs?

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Grim666 said:

You can chart vocals using krmaker and/or a midi editor but it's a real pain in the... And anyway I've just charted Still Waiting by Sum 41 and the game crashes when I want to play it on vocals... Might need an empty track as well for the vocals. I'll try this out later!

As for cutting the music when you miss a note, you would need the seperate tracks for each instrument. Which is most likely not going to happen except if you are charting for your own band or a band you are friend with.

kirakills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Grim666 @ Jul 7 2009, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(kid sampson @ Jul 7 2009,10:57 PM)
I'd like to know about the FOF question also. Anyone have a tutorial about how to handle the various .ogg and .mogg files that come with the FOF songs?

the only thing i've tried was the chart and it works fine i don't even know how to handle the ogg. and mogg. files

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this error whenever I try to change the song ID of an imported song. It's a custom song, so I don't want it to have the same ID as the actual song.

CODESee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: Source and destination path must be different.
ÂÂ at System.IO.Directory.Move(String sourceDirName, String destDirName)
ÂÂ at lolwutr.b(String A_0, String A_1)
ÂÂ at lolwutb1.q(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
ÂÂ at lolwutb1.i(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
ÂÂ at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
ÂÂÂÂAssembly Version: 2.0.0.0
ÂÂÂÂWin32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
ÂÂÂÂCodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RawkSD
ÂÂÂÂAssembly Version: 1.0.0.0
ÂÂÂÂWin32 Version: 1.0.0.0
ÂÂÂÂCodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Sam/Desktop/Wii/RawkSD/RawkSD.exe
System.Windows.Forms
ÂÂÂÂCodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
ÂÂÂÂCodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
ÂÂÂÂCodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

ÂÂÂÂ

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

doctorfaust

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vocals can be charted just fine. If you are tone deaf it's tough, but if you have musical experience and are already familiar with the notes and have had ear training before (so you can tell musical steps by listening to them) then it's pretty easy. And it's nice that you only have to do one chart for vocals instead of 4 difficulties for the other instruments.

The only twist is you have to add notes on 105 and 106 (A9 and Bflat 9) to cover the player 1 and player 2 phrase divisions. If you don't put these in the game can't find where to split up the phrases and it will freeze on load.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kirakills said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Grim666 @ Jul 7 2009, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(kid sampson @ Jul 7 2009,10:57 PM)

the only thing i've tried was the chart and it works fine i don't even know how to handle the ogg. and mogg. files

So customs are made with just a chart and an mp3? I'm confused, because the FOF songs I've downloaded have an .ogg for each instrument: guitar, bass, drums, etc. And some of the earlier ones only have two files: .mogg and a notes-unedited.mid.

kirakills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
(kid sampson @ Jul 7 2009,11:27 PM)
So customs are made with just a chart and an mp3? I'm confused, because the FOF songs I've downloaded have an .ogg for each instrument: guitar, bass, drums, etc. And some of the earlier ones only have two files: .mogg and a notes-unedited.mid.

i don't know about the drums bass vocals about playing them cause i don't play them i jujst play guitar

granberro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Riftoff said:
Read the directions again. You start the installer on the wii, THEN install songs on the card, THEN take the card back to the wii to finish installing.
... and don't forget to check that your SD card is not write protected, the Wii installer does not complain if the card is not writable.

Thank Rawksd team.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
doctorfaust said:
Vocals can be charted just fine. If you are tone deaf it's tough, but if you have musical experience and are already familiar with the notes and have had ear training before (so you can tell musical steps by listening to them) then it's pretty easy. And it's nice that you only have to do one chart for vocals instead of 4 difficulties for the other instruments.

The only twist is you have to add notes on 105 and 106 (A9 and Bflat 9) to cover the player 1 and player 2 phrase divisions. If you don't put these in the game can't find where to split up the phrases and it will freeze on load.

I have musical experience and it's still hard for me but, whatever, let's use a premade MIDI file
tongue.gif

As for A9 and Bflat 9, those are the face-off sections, right? can I just make a big note that lasts the entire song and it will work?

maxdaling

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everytime I try to install the songs to my sd card the program freezes immediately. I have done the steps up until now correctly I'm pretty sure, is vista being its usual crappy self?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum