Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
DaeronR said:
tueidj said:
Maybe xbox360 controllers will be added after 3.0. Maybe.

With the current feature list we'll sure need a HDD to store the application

By the way, the actual RawkSD release supports importing both PAL and NTSC discs, right?

right
smile.gif

BTW, is there a way to import Lego Rock Band, Band Hero and Van Halen to RawkSD 2.02? Maybe extracting and repacking the files manualy?

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
SSJ4-Cassis said:
OK guys, not sure if this kind of question belongs here, but...

At last I will get my retail copy of RB2 in a few days and I'm in the process of gathering the songs I like the most to play with RawkSD as custom content. My doubt:

I've got an imported version of Through the Fire and Flames from Smash Hits, but I prefer the guitar chart from the original GH3 release. Is there a way to change
the guitar chart from the imported Smash Hits song and use the one from GH3 instead?

I have absolutely no clue on charting and stuff, also I've read the RawkSD instructions about creating customs and couldn't understand if this is possible or not.

Anyone here could answer me this?

Thanks in advance

Sure. Grab the GH3 MIDI and extract the PART GUITAR from it using Reaper. Save it to a place you know.
Grab the GHSH MIDI and delete the PART GUITAR from it.
Put the GH3 MIDI in.
Presto.

You have to make sure that the audio syncs up, though.

Huhhh sorry but am I a noob or what?
wacko.gif
laugh.gif

Sfenton, I've imported some songs from my GH dvds and all I've got in the importing folder created by RawkSD were 4 files with no extension whatsoever: audio / chart / data and preview.

I'm guessing there's another app involved to "unpack" the midis inside one of these files, but I honestly searched here and on RB Scorehero forums and couldn't find my answer.

If not asking too much, could you please point me to a good tutorial where I can learn the steps I'm surely missing here?

Sorry to bother you with this, and thanks again for any info you can offer.

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Envido32 said:
DaeronR said:
tueidj said:
Maybe xbox360 controllers will be added after 3.0. Maybe.

With the current feature list we'll sure need a HDD to store the application

By the way, the actual RawkSD release supports importing both PAL and NTSC discs, right?

right
smile.gif

BTW, is there a way to import Lego Rock Band, Band Hero and Van Halen to RawkSD 2.02? Maybe extracting and repacking the files manualy?

You have to wait for RawkSD 3.0 for that

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
SFenton said:
SSJ4-Cassis said:
OK guys, not sure if this kind of question belongs here, but...

At last I will get my retail copy of RB2 in a few days and I'm in the process of gathering the songs I like the most to play with RawkSD as custom content. My doubt:

I've got an imported version of Through the Fire and Flames from Smash Hits, but I prefer the guitar chart from the original GH3 release. Is there a way to change
the guitar chart from the imported Smash Hits song and use the one from GH3 instead?

I have absolutely no clue on charting and stuff, also I've read the RawkSD instructions about creating customs and couldn't understand if this is possible or not.

Anyone here could answer me this?

Thanks in advance

Sure. Grab the GH3 MIDI and extract the PART GUITAR from it using Reaper. Save it to a place you know.
Grab the GHSH MIDI and delete the PART GUITAR from it.
Put the GH3 MIDI in.
Presto.

You have to make sure that the audio syncs up, though.

Huhhh sorry but am I a noob or what?
wacko.gif
laugh.gif

Sfenton, I've imported some songs from my GH dvds and all I've got in the importing folder created by RawkSD were 4 files with no extension whatsoever: audio / chart / data and preview.

I'm guessing there's another app involved to "unpack" the midis inside one of these files, but I honestly searched here and on RB Scorehero forums and couldn't find my answer.

If not asking too much, could you please point me to a good tutorial where I can learn the steps I'm surely missing here?

Sorry to bother you with this, and thanks again for any info you can offer.

1) Rename the "chart"s to GH3.mid and GHSH.mid, respectively. Note that all you do is add the extension .mid to the end of the file.
2) Download and install Reaper.
3) Open the GH3.mid in Reaper.
4) Double-click on PART GUITAR so that it opens up in a wondow where you can see the MIDI notes.
5) Click on "File-Export to New MIDI".
6) Browse to a directory of your choice and save it as "GH3Guitar.mid".
7) Close out of Reaper.
8) Open up GHSH.mid in Reaper.
9) Select the PART GUITAR track.
10) Delete this track.
11) Right click under the Track Names in the blank area, and select "Create New Track".
12) With this new track selected, click on "Insert- New Media File".
13) Browse to "GH3Guitar.mid".
14) Import it.
15) Now here comes the tricky part- aligning the guitar track with the other tracks. This shouldn't be too difficult, as both games used the master track for the song. Only perform steps 16- if the song is not aligned.
16) Open up PART DRUMS track.
17) Determine at which position the first note is at- this is where the first guitar note is as well.
18) Close PART DRUMS and open PART GUITAR.
19) Press Ctrl+A to select all notes. (They should turn yellow.)
20) Use the mouse to move these notes to the proper starting location.
20a) MAKE SURE ALL NOTES STAY ON THE RESPECTIVE NOTE VALUES!!
21) Close out of PART GUITAR.
22) Click "File-Export to MIDI".
23) Make sure you check "Export Tempo Map" and "Multitrack MIDI" (the last one is important).
24) Rename the MIDI you just exported to "chart" (No quotations, no extensions).
25) Place "chart" into the correct folder (Is it ghsh1ThroughtheFireandFlames?).
26) Install to SD Card using RawkSD.

Note that I think this will crash the game if you try to play online, so be careful. Note also that you still have the original chart in the form of GHSH.mid- in a worst case scenario, rename it to "chart" and place it in the correct folder.

biggrin.gif

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton duuuuuuuuude you're awesome!!!
bow.gif

Thanks for your detailed explanation, couldn't imagine you'd come up with all this step-by-step guide.
yay.gif

I will try this as soon as I get a copy of Reaper.

Thanks again buddy!

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
kid sampson said:
Think we'll ever get the ability to add and display album covers to the selection menu like the 360 does?
Google "rawksd album art" because I'm much too lazy to find one of our hundreds of explanations of why it's not in RawkSD.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention... Album art support is already in RawkSD, if there's a file called album in the folder. It has to be in the RB2 format though, which means some hex editing + gxtexconv. And it obviously doesn't work so well if you looked up the reason why it's not really in RawkSD.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
If you can get the Guitar Hero instruments from 360 working on Wii, I will have your children.
Seriously, this is the only thing holding me back - I've got a big grounding in the 360 version, a massive horde of DLC for RB2 on 360, but no custom DLC. I'd happily buy RB2 again for custom DLC.

Also, now that the 360 JTAG hack has come about, maybe someone with access to a JTAG'd console could take a look at RB2 DLC on 360 versus on Wii, and see what changes would need to be made to make a version of RawkSD (obviously it wouldn't be called RawkSD anymore due to the lack of SD support) for 360.

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ozzy1980 said:
Actually, you don't.

I've got songs for all of those on my Wii...

I spent time this weekend adding vocals to Jump (since GH VH doesn't have any vocals).

GusMing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jlv2 said:
Ozzy1980 said:
Actually, you don't.

I've got songs for all of those on my Wii...

I spent time this weekend adding vocals to Jump (since GH VH doesn't have any vocals).

the FOF rips i think don't count as being real like we want cause i made those 3 months ago and the real rips i'm sure have vocals

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GusMing said:
the FOF rips i think don't count as being real like we want cause i made those 3 months ago and the real rips i'm sure have vocals
Well, I feel dumb. I assumed GH VH didn't have any vocals at all... not that they were missing from the rips.

The Lego RB imports don't have that problem.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
SFenton duuuuuuuuude you're awesome!!!
bow.gif

Thanks for your detailed explanation, couldn't imagine you'd come up with all this step-by-step guide.
yay.gif

I will try this as soon as I get a copy of Reaper.

Thanks again buddy!

No problem, I love teaching people about MIDI. I'm still learning too
smile.gif

toejam316 said:
If you can get the Guitar Hero instruments from 360 working on Wii, I will have your children.
Seriously, this is the only thing holding me back - I've got a big grounding in the 360 version, a massive horde of DLC for RB2 on 360, but no custom DLC. I'd happily buy RB2 again for custom DLC.

Also, now that the 360 JTAG hack has come about, maybe someone with access to a JTAG'd console could take a look at RB2 DLC on 360 versus on Wii, and see what changes would need to be made to make a version of RawkSD (obviously it wouldn't be called RawkSD anymore due to the lack of SD support) for 360.

See page 27+. No tool yet.

Scathraax said:
Probably a really dumb question.. But how do I set up the offset for my customs?
I don't understand it at all when it just says "Offset: 5000".
blush.gif

Where it says Audio: on the file selection screen before it begins re-encoding the audio, type in 5 for the Audio Offset, as 5 seconds is equal to 5000 milliseconds.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(jlv2 @ Feb 11 2010, 06:05 AM) QUOTE(GusMing @ Feb 10 2010, 10:05 PM)
Well, I feel dumb. I assumed GH VH didn't have any vocals at all... not that they were missing from the rips.

Because the LRB imports are MIDIs already and therefore have the part vocals. Either the GHVH rips are just customs, or they were too lazy/the program wasn't good enough to get the vocals out of the QB.

/Revised

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Scathraax said:
Probably a really dumb question.. But how do I set up the offset for my customs?
blush.gif

Where it says Audio: on the file selection screen before it begins re-encoding the audio, type in 5000 for the Audio Offset.
biggrin.gif

Uhhh, no. When people say an offset of 5000, it means 5000 ms. RawkSD takes the offset in seconds, which means you want to enter 5.00 in that box instead.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
SFenton said:
Scathraax said:
blush.gif

Where it says Audio: on the file selection screen before it begins re-encoding the audio, type in 5000 for the Audio Offset.
biggrin.gif

Uhhh, no. When people say an offset of 5000, it means 5000 ms. RawkSD takes the offset in seconds, which means you want to enter 5.00 in that box instead.

Thanks for pointing that out, revised.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jlv2 said:
GusMing said:

Huh? Hey man how did you manage to import Lego RB songs? I tried opening the Lego ISO but RawkSD refuses all options.

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SSJ4-Cassis said:
@Dr. Awesomo

I realized the Black or White song I've imported is from another CosmoKramer release, the really good Classick Rock Edition.

Anyways, I've got home for lunch and tried to import a song from DLC Edition just to see if it works fine.

Again, it worked like a charm, I imported Critical Acclaim just fine. If I check the "Custom disk" box, it gives me an error halfway through the importing process and RawkSD crashes (as it did previously on Black or White).

So, it definetly seems to work importing stuff from Cosmo releases, hopefully you can test the songs on RB2 and they will play fine *cross fingers*
biggrin.gif

Tonight when I get back from my work, I will try importing songs from other custom disks not released by Cosmo.

Hope you can try the songs and post the results here, buddy.

Laters all

Glad to hear importing works as it should. Unfortunately, I'm not having any luck of similar magnitude.

I tried importing CosmoKramer's DLC edition, but rather than installing any new tracks, it just overwrote the names of my old GH3 charts. (Just as RawkSD saw it, that is. Song IDs remained the same for GH3 song folders)
When checking the "Custom Disk" option, it fails (to no surprise. xD)

So, as far as testing them out goes, we're SOL for the mean time.
But since you succeeded in importing the songs from your Edition, mind pointing me in the right direction for obtaining a copy to try?

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dr Awesomo

Hey man, try these steps:

1. Check your control panel for a PM I sent you earlier today, then keep following from step 2 on

2. load RawkSD 2.02, hit import GH3, choose DLC or Classick ISOs

3. select songs you want [DON'T CHECK the "custom disk" box] and hit the import button

4. profit
biggrin.gif

I think before you start importing, you should rename your original GH3 imported folders so they don't get overwritten (I've just added a ! in front of the original GH3 folder names to differentiate them from the custom imports). After you import the custom GH3 disks, just change the info about the songs in the "edit custom" (Identifier and Name) so they don't get mixed up with the real GH3 songs afterwards.

I hope this explanation is clear enough, English is not my mother language and sometimes it is hard for me to express correctly what I'm trying to do.

Give it a try buddy, I think you might succeed now.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another noob question, plz bear in mind I'm checking if this info is ok or forbidden here:

1. If you visit Richard Fortus's webpage you can get his mp3 version of the track "Jame Bond Theme" (he did that for GHWT and posted it at his site)

2. if you check dozens of youtube videos, you can see the notes used to play said song on each difficulty tier on GHWT

Question: Is it ok to get these info and do a custom of this song to play in RB2 with RawkSD? If it is ok, how hard would it be to make the chart and stuff?

BTW if this kind of question is "out of bounds", just lemme know and I will edit the post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto