Hacking RawkSD

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hooovahh said:
I'll right I'm curious. What other games do you have that you could test it out on. If it works on RB2 I assume it works with RB1, and all of the RB track packs. Can you test it with GH World Tour? Metallica? Beatles RB? GH5? Did I miss any?

I already have RB2 drums, but it would have been nice to know the cheaper (usually used) PS2 drums would have worked.

I believe it works with all RB games (1, 2, track packs, The Beatles and Lego RB). Unfortunately, it doesn't work with *any* GH series (SH, WT, 5, Band Hero).

The box says it is a RB1 - mini drum set. So I think it is natural it works with all legacy RBs but doesn't with GH.

I did test it with Track Pack 1, AC/DC track pack, RB2 and Lego RB. Worked flawlessly; tested with GHWT and Smash Hits and the games didn't recognize any drums attached.

I didn't have the chance to try it with the other games, but I will do it on next weekend, if I manage to rent it again.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Stalkid64 said:
Just curious, but along the same lines what are the chances of the "Mad Catz Portable Rock Band Drum Kit" being made to work with the Wii? It's a USB set for the 360 I happen to have because it got better reviews than the official sets did.
Maybe xbox360 controllers will be added after 3.0. Maybe.

The teasing...and here I was about to move my two wireless controllers for the 360 to generate some cash for PS3 instruments when the new version is available. Decisions, decisions...

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SSJ4-Cassis said:
I did test it with Track Pack 1, AC/DC track pack, RB2 and Lego RB. Worked flawlessly; tested with GHWT and Smash Hits and the games didn't recognize any drums attached.

Rock Band controllers for Wii didn't work until Guitar Hero 5 and Band Hero (excludes GH:VH)..

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
hooovahh said:
I'll right I'm curious. What other games do you have that you could test it out on. If it works on RB2 I assume it works with RB1, and all of the RB track packs. Can you test it with GH World Tour? Metallica? Beatles RB? GH5? Did I miss any?

I already have RB2 drums, but it would have been nice to know the cheaper (usually used) PS2 drums would have worked.

I believe it works with all RB games (1, 2, track packs, The Beatles and Lego RB). Unfortunately, it doesn't work with *any* GH series (SH, WT, 5, Band Hero).

The box says it is a RB1 - mini drum set. So I think it is natural it works with all legacy RBs but doesn't with GH.

I didn't have the chance to try it with the other games, but I will do it on next weekend, if I manage to rent it again.
Actually GH games work fine. I have some world tour songs imported and they even have drum tracks, so I can play Hot for Teacher in rb2.
smile.gif

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr Awesomo said:
@Anyone else reading this who might be able to assist:
I couldn't help but to notice that, while importing my GH3 songs, that there was a "Custom Disk" check box. Cool, I thought, and figured I'd try it out.
Unfortunately, I didn't come to much avail. (Ever hear of the Custom GH3 ISO, "DLC" version? That's the one I tried...figured it might be relevant...)

Perhaps I've mistaken the purpose for such a check box, but if my assumptions are correct, then my concern is simply this: What custom disks actually work with this function?

Whether there is help to be had or not, hats off to everyone responsible for this program
yay.gif
Dr. Awesomo, I tried to import the song Black or White/MJ from this disk and it worked (as far as importing goes, I can't test it yet because my RB2 game didn't arrive yet
frown.gif
)

Anyways, what I did: I just selected to import as if this custom disk was GH3. I DIDN'T CHECK "Custom Disk" and the importing thing went smooth. When I open the song on Edit Customs menu, it says on the header it is "[GH3]Talkdirtytome" but the rest of the info is about Black or White. I believe RawkSD reads something on the DVD's structure that is related to the original track song on that position, but the rest seems to be fine.

When my RB2 original dvd gets here, I will test it. If you can, in the mean time, could you check if it works? If it does, I will finally be able to put all my different custom GH3's favorite tracks in only one place to play
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SSJ4-Cassis said:
Dr Awesomo said:
@Anyone else reading this who might be able to assist:
I couldn't help but to notice that, while importing my GH3 songs, that there was a "Custom Disk" check box. Cool, I thought, and figured I'd try it out.
Unfortunately, I didn't come to much avail. (Ever hear of the Custom GH3 ISO, "DLC" version? That's the one I tried...figured it might be relevant...)

Perhaps I've mistaken the purpose for such a check box, but if my assumptions are correct, then my concern is simply this: What custom disks actually work with this function?

Whether there is help to be had or not, hats off to everyone responsible for this program
yay.gif
Dr. Awesomo, I tried to import the song Black or White/MJ from this disk and it worked (as far as importing goes, I can't test it yet because my RB2 game didn't arrive yet
frown.gif
)

Anyways, what I did: I just selected to import as if this custom disk was GH3. I DIDN'T CHECK "Custom Disk" and the importing thing went smooth. When I open the song on Edit Customs menu, it says on the header it is "[GH3]Talkdirtytome" but the rest of the info is about Black or White. I believe RawkSD reads something on the DVD's structure that is related to the original track song on that position, but the rest seems to be fine.

When my RB2 original dvd gets here, I will test it. If you can, in the mean time, could you check if it works? If it does, I will finally be able to put all my different custom GH3's favorite tracks in only one place to play
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Got it to work, y'say? That's great news! (Maybe it's just the first few songs that RawkSD has trouble with?)

Anyway, I'm not currently situated at my Home PC. But assuming I get back to it before your RB2 arrives, I'll be sure to let you know if that song works (If at all for me).
Wish me luck
happy.gif

(And in response to you're earlier question, yes. It is in fact DLC Edition by CosmoKramer
yaywii.gif
)

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See. This is what I love about homebrew. Actually adding functionality and features to things as opposed to people using it as an excuse to steal games and content. Wonderful effort.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Was just pondering this (I love to ponder random things):

What happens when Rock Band 3 inevitably rolls around? I see it as two ways:

1) The retain the .mogg functionality, admitting that they've shot themselves in the foot in order to keep the previews and tutorials

or

2) They remove said functionality and force everyone to redownload the prev_moggs.

What happens in the case of 2?
tongue.gif

Meh, just wondering out loud, I guess.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.mogg handling isn't essential at all. Disc songs don't (always) have separate previews. Even if they kept it, I don't see how it would be "shooting themselves in the foot."

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
.mogg handling isn't essential at all. Disc songs don't (always) have separate previews. Even if they kept it, I don't see how it would be "shooting themselves in the foot."

Last I recall I thought RSD relied on the .mogg to put its own songs into the game- what I was referring to was if the moved strictly to those wonderful .bik files instead. "Shooting themselves in the foot" was basically my way of asking if they left it in if it would be a fairly accessible way to put custom songs in in future Rock Band games- not that I actually think that they're worried about this "destroying Rock Band" or anything.w

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wouldn't be a problem, except we'd have to rely on RADTools to create working .bik files rather than the wonderful (and free) BSD licensed Vorbis encoder from Xiph.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Wouldn't be a problem, except we'd have to rely on RADTools to create working .bik files rather than the wonderful (and free) BSD licensed Vorbis encoder from Xiph.

I'm guessing this means that you've known for a while how that .bik encryption has worked?

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Dr. Awesomo

I realized the Black or White song I've imported is from another CosmoKramer release, the really good Classick Rock Edition.

Anyways, I've got home for lunch and tried to import a song from DLC Edition just to see if it works fine.

Again, it worked like a charm, I imported Critical Acclaim just fine. If I check the "Custom disk" box, it gives me an error halfway through the importing process and RawkSD crashes (as it did previously on Black or White).

So, it definetly seems to work importing stuff from Cosmo releases, hopefully you can test the songs on RB2 and they will play fine *cross fingers*
biggrin.gif

Tonight when I get back from my work, I will try importing songs from other custom disks not released by Cosmo.

Hope you can try the songs and post the results here, buddy.

Laters all

CEpeep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any documentation available for the .rwk files? I'm wondering if it's possible to convert between rwk and rba.

DaeronR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
Maybe xbox360 controllers will be added after 3.0. Maybe.

With the current feature list we'll sure need a HDD to store the application

By the way, the actual RawkSD release supports importing both PAL and NTSC discs, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto