Hacking RawkSD

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your NAND filled up and when it tried to save the game it failed unexpectedly, so your save is gone. Yet another reason why we don't support USB loaders.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I didn't blame rawksd at all in this. I was absolutely shocked that it even worked since rawksd songs never showed up period when loading from usb in the past.

i've run the nand full before as well, but always quit out to kill the dlc. this time, it gave the option of proceeding, and ended up corrupting the save. what a shame.

here's to hoping for a future cios that won't have the nand/sd bug.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick questions:

I have access to RB track packs and some GH games through a rental store near home & some good charted songs (guitar & bass only) I've found on FretsOnFire.

a) Should I start importing these songs using current RawkSD or the new 3.0 version will bring enhancements to the importing tools so it would be wise to wait because of better quality/compatibility ?

b) If there will be no advantage about waiting the release because quality will be the same / compatibility won't be a problem, is it possibel to start installing the songs on my SD now even though my original copy of RB2 will arrive next week ? Or RB2 original is required for the installation process?

c) I have 10 DLC virtual store bought with Wii points. What precautions do I need to install my customs on same SD I store the originals, in order to not get problems with disappearing customs later ? I've read that if you buy new DLC you will have to reinstall all your customs or something laborous as that?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
Quick questions:

I have access to RB track packs and some GH games through a rental store near home & some good charted songs (guitar & bass only) I've found on FretsOnFire.

a) Should I start importing these songs using current RawkSD or the new 3.0 version will bring enhancements to the importing tools so it would be wise to wait because of better quality/compatibility ?
Nothing's been mentioned yet about the importing in RawkSD 3.0, but RawkSD 2.0.X did have a few audio problems in importing some Guitar Hero games, so it's a fair guess that RawkSD 3.0 will include the fix. If you're uncertain, the built-in disc dump feature of RawkSD 2.0 onwards will let you dump the disc's data to a format readable by RawkSD on PC, which can be imported in the future.

b) If there will be no advantage about waiting the release because quality will be the same / compatibility won't be a problem, is it possibel to start installing the songs on my SD now even though my original copy of RB2 will arrive next week ? Or RB2 original is required for the installation process?
Installing customs requires at least a Rock Band 2 save file (which can be created from a non-retail copy of RB2, although there's no reason not to wait). The current installation process is run from a homebrew app and does not require the RB2 disc to be in the drive, meaning you are free to load up your card now if that's what you want. It's currently unknown if future RawkSD releases will have the same requirements.

c) I have 10 DLC virtual store bought with Wii points. What precautions do I need to install my customs on same SD I store the originals, in order to not get problems with disappearing customs later ? I've read that if you buy new DLC you will have to reinstall all your customs or something laborous as that?
You have to reinstall customs after buying new DLC because the store's savefile update does not include custom DLC, while RawkSD's savefile update (during installation) includes both customs and DLC. Your original DLC is not at risk, and even if it gets messed up you can re-download DLC from the Music Store to update your save from your shop account. RawkSD 2.0 onward includes a feature to backup your RB2 game save file, which is handy for security reasons but not necessary to protect your DLC.

s1ntex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
RawkSD 3.0 - it will be the biggest hack in the music games universe ever.

DLC, other games, custom - library has 1500, 2000 songs storaged on the USB-harddrive? It's so, so, so, amazing.

C'mon, give us your paypal account ;-)

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CDZ said:
Just trying to import GH2 and on several songs the installer just crashes and doesn't process them. The songs that create the crash (So far) are:

Is this a known issue? or have I got a bad iso, being dumb etc... I'm using v2.02 (Which I presume is the most current version) any help would be gratefully received.

CDZ
An actual legit problem! Yes, this is a known issue. There was a newer version of rawkaudio.dll that we posted in the IRC channel, but unfortunately it's slipped down the back of the internet couch somewhere and no-one can find it. When I get time to make a new copy I'll let you know.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zkzmmyzzjzr

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick Question:

I've been having a similar problem mentioned earlier in this topic about the Rock Band 2 game crashing during the loading screen when trying to play a custom with a drum track. Well, this seems to be happening to me even when I do NOT have a drum track; only Guitar or Guitar/Bass. I've also noticed that this only occurs sometimes, some customs will work, others will not. Is there a reason for this? or a way to fix the customs so that they will not hang on the loading screen?

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hu-ho, tried to run RawkSD patcher and got the message "Failed to initialize Network". How can I apply the patch without internet connection on my Wii? I suppose I need to put the original IOS 37 somewhere on my SD card, but is it the WAD or the "unpacked" files for the IOS ? Also, what version do I need to do the offline install, if possible?

Any help?

Ps.: getting Internet access for my Wii is really complicated for me at the moment.

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@SSJ4-Cassis: In all noobish honesty, I didn't even know that a network was required to patch it...
Sorry to hear about your luck all the same though.

@Anyone else reading this who might be able to assist:
I couldn't help but to notice that, while importing my GH3 songs, that there was a "Custom Disk" check box. Cool, I thought, and figured I'd try it out.
Unfortunately, I didn't come to much avail. (Ever hear of the Custom GH3 ISO, "DLC" version? That's the one I tried...figured it might be relevant...)

Perhaps I've mistaken the purpose for such a check box, but if my assumptions are correct, then my concern is simply this: What custom disks actually work with this function?

Whether there is help to be had or not, hats off to everyone responsible for this program
yay.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hooray, I got Magma to like me enough to give me lipsyncs!

GHM first GHM first GHM first
biggrin.gif

...followed by SH.

Maybe I should order them. Hmm...

GHM/GHSH/GHVH (I can has MIDIs, Aaron?)/GH5 or WT, they both have their impossible-to-sing songs/BH (I can has MIDIs, Aaron?)

Lots to resing! Phoo.
tongue.gif

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
Hu-ho, tried to run RawkSD patcher and got the message "Failed to initialize Network". How can I apply the patch without internet connection on my Wii? I suppose I need to put the original IOS 37 somewhere on my SD card, but is it the WAD or the "unpacked" files for the IOS ? Also, what version do I need to do the offline install, if possible?
The RawkSD IOS37 patcher isn't as secretive as it looks - all it does is grab IOS37 from NUS and then apply trucha and other bugs. You can patch IOS37 yourself using DOP-IOS which supports an offline installation method; grab IOS37 from NUS on your computer and put the files on your card per DOP-IOS's readme and then install IOS37 with all the bugs/patches enabled.

QUOTE(Dr Awesomo @ Feb 6 2010, 09:08 PM) @Anyone else reading this who might be able to assist:
I couldn't help but to notice that, while importing my GH3 songs, that there was a "Custom Disk" check box. Cool, I thought, and figured I'd try it out.
Unfortunately, I didn't come to much avail. (Ever hear of the Custom GH3 ISO, "DLC" version? That's the one I tried...figured it might be relevant...)

Perhaps I've mistaken the purpose for such a check box, but if my assumptions are correct, then my concern is simply this: What custom disks actually work with this function?
That's actually the intended function - checking Custom Disc imports the disc without filling in the default song information and songID's. Unfortunately, many custom GH3 discs are rather poor in quality or badly packed, and not all of them will import correctly if at all.

Dr Awesomo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Szalkow said:
Dr Awesomo said:
@Anyone else reading this who might be able to assist:

That's actually the intended function - checking Custom Disc imports the disc without filling in the default song information and songID's. Unfortunately, many custom GH3 discs are rather poor in quality or badly packed, and not all of them will import correctly if at all.
Much obliged Szalkow. Your assistance is certainly of the appreciated variety.

Guess I'll just have to try my luck with other disks. thanks again
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto