Hacking RawkSD

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I hate to break this to you, but this is the internet. You can't always entirely trust people and they can't always return the same favour.

As far as I know, there is no released Arktool compatible with Lego Rock Band (could just be the PAL version that is broken) and no one has released a guide.

That said, you/"your friend" have a few options (not limited to this list, for example 'walking your dog' won't be in this list to save space):
-Just play the game separately, yes there is no online (and when in RB2 you'll be limited to playing with other Rawk users), but it is still a somewhat decent game.
-Attempt to crack open LEGO Rock Band yourself.
-Purchase and download some more songs for Rock Band 2, HMX and music artists need support too you know!
-Wait, just like the rest of us. The Rawk developers may be busy with things like University and perfecting the SD/USB loader, good things take time. Remember, they didn't have to release the flawless RawkSD to the public, and the next generation is a lot different to versions 1 and 2.

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
I just think it would be a better strategy to release more versions with just a few new features in stead of a new version with lots of radical changes. For example a new version that only adds Lego Rock Band and Van Halen imports...

I'm aware that RawkSD 3.0 is much more complex and this is pure speculation, it's not a complain just an opinion
smile.gif

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since RawkSD 3.0 isn't finished yet, shouldn't it be possible for people to use SNEEK to be able to use an SDHC card in the meantime? For bought DLC, it should download directly to the emulated NAND if you don't tell Rock Band to use the SD card, and for custom stuff, I believe it's possible to package .bin files into a .wad somehow, isn't it?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jhoff80 said:
Since RawkSD 3.0 isn't finished yet, shouldn't it be possible for people to use SNEEK to be able to use an SDHC card in the meantime? For bought DLC, it should download directly to the emulated NAND if you don't tell Rock Band to use the SD card, and for custom stuff, I believe it's possible to package .bin files into a .wad somehow, isn't it?

The game doesn't know where to look for custom DLC. By packing it into a WAD you lose the original song in favor of a custom that nearly no one has.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
jhoff80 said:

The game doesn't know where to look for custom DLC. By packing it into a WAD you lose the original song in favor of a custom that nearly no one has.

Ah okay, yeah that makes sense.

Ozzy1980

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Since you're a time-traveller (I come to this conclusion because you've been waiting for RawkSD 3.0 since september/october - before it was announced in november), you can just jump forward to when it's out.

Hey I time travelled 100 years into the future... and found people were still waiting for the release... hahahahaa

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang 100 pages. Its time to get this topic back on track, so I have a question.

When RawkSD 3.0 comes out, and it has the USB feature available. Are we going to be able to copy all of our customs and dlc songs from our sd card to a usb device or are we gona have to re download and re import everything?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crwys said:

When RawkSD 3.0 comes out, and it has the USB feature available. Are we going to be able to copy all of our customs and dlc songs from our sd card to a usb device or are we gona have to re download and re import everything?

Yes, in fact, Kurdran's new DLC Manager has an option to copy to a hard drive with no hassle whatsoever.

(Although I think it'd be ballsy to not expect this feature in 3.0)
tongue.gif

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
SFenton said:
crwys said:

Yes, in fact, Kurdran's new DLC Manager has an option to copy to a hard drive with no hassle whatsoever.

tongue.gif

Is this new DLC Manager released?
cause i have a very old version T.T

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zero.echelon said:
SFenton said:
crwys said:

tongue.gif

Is this new DLC Manager released?
cause i have a very old version T.T

It's still in beta, but maybe if you hop into IRC he'll give it to you.

(It's a lot faster as well, I might add.)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stigmatic said:
About the DLC manager, will you be able to import all installed DLC content for every supported game at once? Or how will it work?

I hope I'll ever get to use these new things together
smile.gif

Uh... installed content? Pirated content?

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, not sure if this kind of question belongs here, but...

At last I will get my retail copy of RB2 in a few days and I'm in the process of gathering the songs I like the most to play with RawkSD as custom content. My doubt:

I've got an imported version of Through the Fire and Flames from Smash Hits, but I prefer the guitar chart from the original GH3 release. Is there a way to change
the guitar chart from the imported Smash Hits song and use the one from GH3 instead?

I have absolutely no clue on charting and stuff, also I've read the RawkSD instructions about creating customs and couldn't understand if this is possible or not.

Anyone here could answer me this?

Thanks in advance

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
OK guys, not sure if this kind of question belongs here, but...

At last I will get my retail copy of RB2 in a few days and I'm in the process of gathering the songs I like the most to play with RawkSD as custom content. My doubt:

I've got an imported version of Through the Fire and Flames from Smash Hits, but I prefer the guitar chart from the original GH3 release. Is there a way to change
the guitar chart from the imported Smash Hits song and use the one from GH3 instead?

I have absolutely no clue on charting and stuff, also I've read the RawkSD instructions about creating customs and couldn't understand if this is possible or not.

Anyone here could answer me this?

Thanks in advance

Sure. Grab the GH3 MIDI and extract the PART GUITAR from it using Reaper. Save it to a place you know.
Grab the GHSH MIDI and delete the PART GUITAR from it.
Put the GH3 MIDI in.
Presto.

You have to make sure that the audio syncs up, though.

SSJ4-Cassis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ SFenton

Thanks man, it seems I will have to study a little more of the "creating custom" tutorials before I can try to make the swap chart trick on TTFAF.

Another question: is there a way to convert GHWT DLC songs for use with RawkSD? A while ago I bought Richard Fortus' James Bond Theme, and it would be awesome if I could bring it over to RB2 as I will do with the other GHWT songs I like.

Changing the subject: It would be really nice if we could find a site with the "ready to use, full band customs for RB2 / RawkSD" already gathered & organized. I think scavenging songs through ScoreHero and Frets on Fire forums is a real pain, it is hard to find good songs you want and usually they are charted only for Expert Guitar
frown.gif

Is there a better site to look for customs ?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SSJ4-Cassis said:
@ SFenton

Thanks man, it seems I will have to study a little more of the "creating custom" tutorials before I can try to make the swap chart trick on TTFAF.

Another question: is there a way to convert GHWT DLC songs for use with RawkSD? A while ago I bought Richard Fortus' James Bond Theme, and it would be awesome if I could bring it over to RB2 as I will do with the other GHWT songs I like.

Changing the subject: It would be really nice if we could find a site with the "ready to use, full band customs for RB2 / RawkSD" already gathered & organized. I think scavenging songs through ScoreHero and Frets on Fire forums is a real pain, it is hard to find good songs you want and usually they are charted only for Expert Guitar
frown.gif

Is there a better site to look for customs ?

At GHWT DLC: No*

*Here's an interesting catch that I've never really gotten around to trying. If anyone wants to give it a whirl, well, here's a mini-tutorial:

1) Have a Guitar Hero: Metallica RawkSD dump on your computer.
2) Have the Death Magnetic DLC on your computer.
3) Open the .bin file (I don't remember how) and extract the .bik file.
4) Something has to be done to the .bik file, don't remember what unfortunately (mixing?)
5) Drag and drop the Death Magnetic .biks into the respective GHM folders.

Why does this work (or should work)? Because Neversoft/Budcat left the Death Magnetic charts in the game on Wii. So, theoretically, RawkSD still tries to import them, but it can only import the charts. If you add the audio, well...

Anyways, to answer your other question- no, those are pretty much the best two sites out there.

Keep looking, though- and remember... creating quality charts takes a while so don't be that disappointed if you can't find one.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something crazy happened yesterday. Usually, I have to use my rb2 disc to be able to access rawksd songs like everyone else. Using a usb loader results in the rawksd songs not showing up. This is all normal. But yesterday, I ran the game from usbloadergx and it showed all the songs. Even crazier, they played. This is hermes v4 cios38+37. But of course there's still the problem with songs not being able to be deleted from the wii. So eventually, it filled up. It said I could continue but it wouldn't be able to save game data. Then, to see what would happen if I tried another song, it obviously failed. I exit out to the system menu and load the rb2 disc. It boots up and asks if I want to save my game data. The old save disappeared!! Then it gave errors on all the rawksd songs and other dlc. I run the rawksd installer and try to recover my old game save (I haven't checked if I actually took one but I'm hoping I did). It says failed. Try to make a backup. Failed. Try to install rawksd. Failed. Everything is bonkers. Game save gone. All gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto