Hacking Random Bug I found when my vWii blackscreened...

EthanObi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so When you open a homebrew app in vWii when certain reqiurements aren't met, (I used Nintendont without a HID Compatible device) It blackscreens and the only fix is to unplug it. So I unplugged my Wii U, then swiftly plugged it in and hit the power button while the Gamepad said the connection was unstable, It didn't get a chance to say the connection was lost

To my surprise until it prompted me to select my user the gamepad still thought I was in vWii, and It wouldn't let me use any of the controls on it! A bubble kept popping up Saying "you can't use the gamepad in Wii Mode"
My question is, Is this just a normal error, Or could it be exploited? I'm not usually one to post these kinda things, (Actually I don't really post at all anymore) But I was really curious.
Since it thinks it's in vWii mode WHILE the WiiU mode is loading, is there any chance of making a Homebrew App that executes code and imitates the Wii U being unplugged?
I'm not the most knowledgable about this, sadly..

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay so When you open a homebrew app in vWii when certain reqiurements aren't met, (I used Nintendont without a HID Compatible device) It blackscreens and the only fix is to unplug it. So I unplugged my Wii U, then swiftly plugged it in and hit the power button while the Gamepad said the connection was unstable, It didn't get a chance to say the connection was lost

To my surprise until it prompted me to select my user the gamepad still thought I was in vWii, and It wouldn't let me use any of the controls on it! A bubble kept popping up Saying "you can't use the gamepad in Wii Mode"
My question is, Is this just a normal error, Or could it be exploited? I'm not usually one to post these kinda things, (Actually I don't really post at all anymore) But I was really curious.
Since it thinks it's in vWii mode WHILE the WiiU mode is loading, is there any chance of making a Homebrew App that executes code and imitates the Wii U being unplugged?
I'm not the most knowledgable about this, sadly..
Interesting BUG, are you on 5.0 system menu? I will try it and see what happends.
EDIT: I've tried with a game it doesn't work (Paper Mario) and it boots normally.
EDIT2: I've tried 3 times and the console is booting normally, but in the gamepad something strange happends, when I turn on the Wii U (the gamepad in vWii mode), the gamepad shows the Wii U letters, but suddently goes OFF and it turns on by it self, strange...
EDIT3: I'm in System Menu 5.0...

EthanObi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in 5.0, I booted from the console's power button after unplugging and plugging in, I'll try to get a video up later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o