ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

toszi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the only part really needed to begin was the menu and stat translations.
You're doing well on those!
biggrin.gif

dem0nfang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toszi said:
Well, the only part really needed to begin was the menu and stat translations.
You're doing well on those!
biggrin.gif

Have you guys worked on the skills yet? I'm just wondering because I'm confused on what the first skill does
wacko.gif

Judas543

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiz is working hard to get the skill list to fully work. But if your a novice the first skill pushes the enemy back dealing damage. the second skill is first aid which heals yourself

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dem0nfang said:
Have you guys worked on the skills yet? I'm just wondering because I'm confused on what the first skill does
wacko.gif
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the next patch out, but the msg_skill file (which has all the descriptions) needed a major overhaul. I've spent the better part of two days on it so far (its a long file with each description twice.. first is just the description, second is requirements + description). Yesterday I got the first half done, today I got about half of the second part done. I have to "normalize" the descriptions from the first half into the second half, correct the second half and then bring them back to the first half in order to keep the descriptions the same.

I'm not sure if the next patch will be tomorrow or if I'll wait a few days and get more of the files added to it.
I might even just wait and see what kind of response I get about the class trainers working or not.

dem0nfang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
dem0nfang said:
wacko.gif
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get the next patch out, but the msg_skill file (which has all the descriptions) needed a major overhaul. I've spent the better part of two days on it so far (its a long file with each description twice.. first is just the description, second is requirements + description). Yesterday I got the first half done, today I got about half of the second part done. I have to "normalize" the descriptions from the first half into the second half, correct the second half and then bring them back to the first half in order to keep the descriptions the same.

I'm not sure if the next patch will be tomorrow or if I'll wait a few days and get more of the files added to it.
I might even just wait and see what kind of response I get about the class trainers working or not.

Haha, its ok take your time!
gbasp.gif

CFShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol, what happened?? Everything is undubbed!! I mean, almost everything. On the last patch, the skills were in english, now they are in japanese again. Also the battle log (upper screen) is in japanese again. When Sierra uses her skill, it appears in japanese. On the last patch it was in english. Also, i went to the card menu and i got no errors, but i got black screen when exiting the Quest menu. Items name are in japanese as well =/

EDIT: Forget it...just saw the first page >.< Sorry

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have made a new patch, seems the one last night didn't have the various databases (Item, Skill and Monster) included due to an oversight.
New patch should have all of them included plus the skill descriptions.

Enjoy!

toszi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to download the newest patch but it keeps automatically redirecting into a "PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND" page.
I DO manage to see the download link right before it changes page though!
ARGH!

kedamono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably something stupid but could some one translate the menu with the stats displayed on it because i think i know what some of the things are but not all, I'm not asking for the patch to have it just something that can tell me what's what.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
v2 Change Log:
(msg_butterfly_0) Please choose which city to warp to. -> choose a city
(msg_card) INT -2
Max SP +200. -> INT -2. // Increase item
Drop Rate by 2%. -> by
2%.
(msg_map) Mirage Tower -> M. Tower // Freya -> Freya Altar
(msg_nameEntry) Yes -> OK

v3 Change Log:
(msg_card) Various changes to line length.
(msg_quest_info) Various changes to fix crashes.

kedamono said:
This is probably something stupid but could some one translate the menu with the stats displayed on it because i think i know what some of the things are but not all, I'm not asking for the patch to have it just something that can tell me what's what.
If we could, we would've already.
We're assuming there is a way to edit it, but we think it might be in an image file.
When we get more of the translation done and things are working the way we want them to, we'll dig around and try to fix it up.
Till then.... think of it as a way to start learning to read Japanese
biggrin.gif

@toszi: did you mean the stats menu screen? or the top screen with stats?
The top one is the one we cant edit yet... tonight's patch has the menus fixed.

oohjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are doing a really great job with this patch. I play PC RO and just recently found out about RODS which amazed me but when i found it was only in Japanese w/ no prospects of it coming to NA/EUROPE that made me sad until i googled for an english fix of some sort and i found this.

Just wanting to say thank you for all you've done although its not the best it is still better than staring at a full Japanese languaged game and guessing what to do lol. You guys have come out with patches a lot faster than other games that need to be seriously patched, which i appreciate. Little by little this is turning into an english game and you guys are working hard to finish it completely to the best of your ability. Dont kill yourself thinking that you guys are going to slow because IMO you guys are working faster than any paid game developer.

Thank you for bringing this to the non japanese speaking RO community.

=] oohjohn

PS. Sorry if this was long and corny and makes me look like a fag im just really thankful for you guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land