MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The card does indeed run BL2CK and will launch TWiLight Menu++ but the issue for me is that DLDI access for writing the nds-bootstrap and settings.ini was incorrect thus the cart will not load roms. Digging around I stumbled upon the answer. This url: https://web.archive.org/web/2014050...cn/r4isdhc-white/r4isdhc-whiteEnglish1.38.rar contained the correct DLDI for my card. Funny thing is the kernel itself will not run on my card but the DLDI file works with BL2CK and enables me to use TWiLight Menu++ now. I hope this can help others who may have this same card or the similar PCB from another clone manufacturer. Thank you for all your support.
Glad you finally got it sorted mate. :)

Reactions: stl25

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The card does indeed run BL2CK and will launch TWiLight Menu++ but the issue for me is that DLDI access for writing the nds-bootstrap and settings.ini was incorrect thus the cart will not load roms. Digging around I stumbled upon the answer. This url: https://web.archive.org/web/2014050...cn/r4isdhc-white/r4isdhc-whiteEnglish1.38.rar contained the correct DLDI for my card. Funny thing is the kernel itself will not run on my card but the DLDI file works with BL2CK and enables me to use TWiLight Menu++ now. I hope this can help others who may have this same card or the similar PCB from another clone manufacturer. Thank you for all your support.
That's good that everything is sorted out. :D
Let me know if you need anything else.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you @Jayro and @FlareReZ. Having owned various flash carts over the years I have surprisingly run into very few issues related to DLDI. However, getting TWiLight Menu working with some of these R4 clones has proven to be frustrated and time consuming. Being able to interact with and learn from respectful and knowledgeable members/devs like yourselves, @RocketRobz, and @lifehackerhansol to name a few has been extremely fun and insightful.

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

AugustoR4

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does anyone know what i should download for this one?
20231224_172903.jpg

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@lifehackerhansol

Referencing this website: gist.github.com//d370e3ba370d415bfd045a1c09d019a3 which I believe was posted by you it mentions that the r4i.cn cards can run the R4i-SDHC YSMenu.

However on this website: https://www.flashcarts.net/ysmenu-compat-ext.html there is no mention of r4i.cn carts being compatible with YSMenu at all.

Are you aware of whether the card can run YSMenu or not. This is what happens when loading YSMenu.nds manually from the R4i.cn stock kernel

Attachments

• R4i.cn YSMenu.jpg
    R4i.cn YSMenu.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 17

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@lifehackerhansol

Referencing this website: gist.github.com//d370e3ba370d415bfd045a1c09d019a3 which I believe was posted by you it mentions that the r4i.cn cards can run the R4i-SDHC YSMenu.

However on this website: https://www.flashcarts.net/ysmenu-compat-ext.html there is no mention of r4i.cn carts being compatible with YSMenu at all.

Are you aware of whether the card can run YSMenu or not. This is what happens when loading YSMenu.nds manually from the R4i.cn stock kernel
r4i.cn carts do not run YSMenu. That cart is based on the EZ-Flash Vi.

I think the reason it was written that way was because RetroGameFan mentions it on their thread; but after I took a look at that cart's software it definitely isn't compatible with YSMenu. That gist file is old, it was a backup of the old r/flashcarts wiki that eventually moved to flashcarts.net, should probably remove it from public view soon.

You can, on the other hand, use TWiLight Menu++, and that's probably your best course of action.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4i.cn carts do not run YSMenu. That cart is based on the EZ-Flash Vi.

I think the reason it was written that way was because RetroGameFan mentions it on their thread; but after I took a look at that cart's software it definitely isn't compatible with YSMenu. That gist file is old, it was a backup of the old r/flashcarts wiki that eventually moved to flashcarts.net, should probably remove it from public view soon.

You can, on the other hand, use TWiLight Menu++, and that's probably your best course of action.
Indeed it can run TWILight Menu (albeit extremely slowly).
Post automatically merged:

@lifehackerhansol, I have various R4DS Pro based carts that were not compatible with the DLDI from BL2CK 1.31.0. I see you have updated the BL2CK kernel to fix this, however the new BL2CK 1.31.0 will no load on any of my carts and returns a Bootstrap fail: Error code 3. The issue must be in the _ds_menu.dat which has shrunk significantly is size as using the _ds_menu.dat from before the latest update with the new DLDI all is fine. Can you shed some light on what may be causing this? Thanks in advance, and I apologize if this is the wrong thread to make this inquiry. Attached is one of the R4DS Pro based carts with the issue.

Attachments

• R4i-3dsnew.jpg
    R4i-3dsnew.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by stl25,

Barracuda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I kept the 4.0b2 firmware of the r4i Gold Deluxe card with its respective patch from card 2. If anyone needs them, let me know. Thank you!!

AyoMayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me with this mystery cart. Autoboots in a DS Lite, stuck at the "Loading..." screen with/without sd card or firmware. Shows up as "Star Wars Lethal Alliance" on DSi. I've already tried BL2CK, R4i-SDHC YSMenu, and the 1.85b R4i-SDHC files.

Attachments

• Back1.jpg
    Back1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • Front1.jpg
    Front1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with this mystery cart. Autoboots in a DS Lite, stuck at the "Loading..." screen with/without sd card or firmware. Shows up as "Star Wars Lethal Alliance" on DSi. I've already tried BL2CK, R4i-SDHC YSMenu, and the 1.85b R4i-SDHC files.
Card is compatible with TWiLight Menu. https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Card is compatible with TWiLight Menu. https://wiki.ds-homebrew.com/twilightmenu/
@SylverReZ, which autoboot files should he use? He is unsure of what stock kernel the cart ran, so he will need to utilize the correct autoboot files to get TWiLight to run. I was trying to help him on reddit, but thus far he hasn't been able to get anything to run.

@AyoMayo, not sure if I mentioned it on reddit but make sure you format your microSD in FAT32 with at least 32768 allocation unit size

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SylverReZ, which autoboot files should he use? He is unsure of what stock kernel the cart ran, so he will need to utilize the correct autoboot files to get TWiLight to run. I was trying to help him on reddit, but thus far he hasn't been able to get anything to run.

"Autoboot/R4i-SDHC, r4isdhc.com cards 2014+, R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution, R4DSiXL3D, R4i Advance, R4-IIIi, R4 SDHC Revolution, R4(i) Pocket, R4i Gold (v1.4.1) (3DS) & R4xDS"

• Love

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Autoboot/R4i-SDHC, r4isdhc.com cards 2014+, R4i SDHC Upgrade Revolution, R4DSiXL3D, R4i Advance, R4-IIIi, R4 SDHC Revolution, R4(i) Pocket, R4i Gold (v1.4.1) (3DS) & R4xDS"
Thank you for your response, @AyoMayo has been trying throughout the day to get anything out of this cart

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

AyoMayo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the SD Card Formatter tool on a set of 2GB and 16GB cards before trying every new set of files. Just tried the Twilight Menu files, didn't work either. Still stuck on the loading screen. Oh well I guess this card is just a lemon.

mulletwitch666

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there! just got these two cards and i already tried many different kernels but nothing worked...any suggestions?? id be very thankful! <3

Attachments

• grey_card.jpg
    grey_card.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 11
  • white_card2.jpg
    white_card2.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11
  • white_card.jpg
    white_card.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 15
  • two_cards.jpg
    two_cards.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 16

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom

xprez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello, I have the R4 flashcarts seen in the pictures. The flashcarts before update to 1.4.5E version previously working on my Nintendo DSi XL I don't know which firmware to install because their websites are dead, so can anyone help me with the firmware I need to install?

Attachments

• IMG_9138.jpeg
    IMG_9138.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9139.jpeg
    IMG_9139.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_9140.jpeg
    IMG_9140.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, I have the R4 flashcarts seen in the pictures. The flashcarts before update to 1.4.5E version previously working on my Nintendo DSi XL I don't know which firmware to install because their websites are dead, so can anyone help me with the firmware I need to install?

Always check the website written in the cards and or the card boxes in the Web archive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol