• Views 514,333
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hey guys I recently bought a Wii with USB Loader GX on it and I can play perfectly fine (Except for the resolution that keeps changing at random times, if someone knows the solution for this please let me know), but today I tried to put some games on and the loader doesn't recognize them.
What I did:
1) Downloaded 3 games, 2 ISO's and 1 WBFS.
2) Put them in the external HDD in the WBFS folder.
3) Connect the HDD to the Wii.

That's all I did. So... what do I have to do?
I don't know anything about the Wii itself, like mod firmware or stuff like that ;__;

About the resolution, ur TV is changing it, u probably have a HD TV that automatically re-sizes ur screen, if u mean that as the resolution.

And games need to be in WBFS format.

You gotta make a wbfs folder in the root of the HDD.
In the wbfs folder u put the Name of the game with the ID of it here's a example: Mario[HJYU3]

Mario is the name of the game and HJYU3 is the ID.

Now in the Mario[HJYU3] folder you put the wbfs of the game. The game needs to have the same ID as the folder name HJYU3 so you gotta rename the wbfs to HJYU3.wbfs

In the end its gonna look like this:

In the root of the USB: wfbs/Mario[HJYU3]/HJYU3.wbfs

And wii can't run ISO files only wbfs. To convert ISO to Wbfs get Wii backup Manager.
It converts ISO to wbfs, names the folder like the name of the game, adds its ID and the ID of the wbfs file so you just gonna copy the game into the wbfs folder that's in your USBs root.

Here's how it looks like.
f030eaa919.jpg

ce4a635faa.jpg

f53449e74d.jpg

monkeyvsrobot

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone point me to someplace with info on all the usb loader cfg game settings . video, country fix, vid patch, etc? Want to know what each ones purpose is.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can keep the game in .iso format too if your partition in NTFS, but it's taking more spaces than needed.

Video Mode : used to change the Wii's video setting before launching the game. You can set the Wii's memory to match your console's region (no changes applied), disc region (if you play a PAL game it put the Wii in PAL), or force any move (PAL50, PAL60, PAL480p, NTSC(480i), NTSC480p).
There's an additional setting "Region Patch" which is equivalent/shortcut to "console's region + dol video patch ON".

dol video patch : used to change the game's video setting. Most games have all video mode listed in their "compatible mode". When you launch a game, it checks the current Wii video mode in memory and use the corresponding video mode to display the picture. If you used "Video Mode : Force NTSC 480p" then the game will see that the Wii is in/requests NTSC 480p and will choose "NTSC480p" from it's list of compatible video mode output.
But some games don't have all video mode information and fallback to one of the video mode it knows. if you put "Video Mode" to NTSC480p, but the game has only "PAL480i" modes information, you can use "dol video patch" setting to replace the "PAL480i" information inside the game to the value selected in "Video Mode" setting above. Now, the game will see that the Wii request "NTSC480p" and will find a matching "NTSC480p" video mode information in the game compatible mode and will set the video output to NTSC progressive.

Dol Video Patch is needed only if you force a Video mode that the games don't know. You usually never need it. it's needed only to force few games to display in 480p (Mario Marty 8, MotoGP8, MadWorld USA, to name a few).

Sneek video patch : Another (additional) method of patching video mode. shouldn't be needed. don't bother with it unless you know a game require it.

viDTV patch : I don't remember. It seems it affects only NTSC-U and NTSC-J games (based on their GameID, xxxE or xxxJ).

Country string fix : Fix some Japanese games not displaying Japanese font.

jmsalal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling with Virtual Console games on my emulated NAND. Games will load, and I can hear the sound playing in the background, but the screen stays black. I've tried different video modes, and my TV cuts back to 480i regardless. This same problem presents itself in USB Loader GX and Wiiflow. Most of my Wiiware games work, so the problem seems confined to VC games. Any help appreciated :-)

PS: All my wads are NTSC as displayed in ShowMiiWads.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
both your Wii and games are NTSC?
which cable are you using (Composite or component)?

In USBLoaderGX I recently changed the way video modes are handled, maybe you could try different versions (before and after revision 1217). But you said it's the same with Wiiflow so it's maybe not the problem.
What is your default video mode ? It should be set to Disc default (if you use a lot of out-of-region games) or Console default (to not patch anything and use the console's video mode).

Reactions: jmsalal

ntpsq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling with Virtual Console games on my emulated NAND. Games will load, and I can hear the sound playing in the background, but the screen stays black. I've tried different video modes, and my TV cuts back to 480i regardless. This same problem presents itself in USB Loader GX and Wiiflow. Most of my Wiiware games work, so the problem seems confined to VC games. Any help appreciated :-)

PS: All my wads are NTSC as displayed in ShowMiiWads.
Try this:
http://www.ghacks.net/2007/05/24/fix-for-black-screen-in-nintendo-wii-virtual-console-games/

jmsalal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both your Wii and games are NTSC?
which cable are you using (Composite or component)?

In USBLoaderGX I recently changed the way video modes are handled, maybe you could try different versions (before and after revision 1217). But you said it's the same with Wiiflow so it's maybe not the problem.
What is your default video mode ? It should be set to Disc default (if you use a lot of out-of-region games) or Console default (to not patch anything and use the console's video mode).

I'm using a component video cable, and my console's video mode is 480i, set to Widescreen 16:9. I noticed that I have a similar problem on my unhacked NTSC-U Wii that is solved by changing between 480i and 480p, but that's easily fixed by swapping back and forth. My default video mode in GX is Disc default, and I've tinkered with trying System default. So you're saying I should avoid the VIDTV and SNEEK vidpatches? I'm trying to install Neek2o, and i'm transferring my files back to my HDD after formatting it, so I'll try tinkering again once I can plug my HDD back into my Wii. Thanks for responding :-)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France

jmsalal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'll give this a try. One thing I don't understand is why my TV returns to 480i when booting a game, regardless of my system menu settings and/or enabling the Force NTSC 480p option. It's hard to tell if it's a software/nand/wad problem or a video problem with Wiiflow giving me the same error.

The same games work on my unhacked Wii, but I am using downloaded wad files of the games I own legitimately on my unhacked Wii (Wii Shop downloaded ones won't work). ShowMiiWads displays the wads as NTSC-U, and they show up, so I'm sure they're good.

If the above option doesn't work, I may try using composite cables.

jmsalal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used Sneek patch and VidTV patch (that one I don't even know what it's used for).

If your TV works with 480p, you shouldn't set 480i in your Wii settings, it's automatically switched to 480i if required.
I didn't know that trick, Thanks !

Okay, I'll try that out as well.

jmsalal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a component video cable, and my console's video mode is 480i, set to Widescreen 16:9. I noticed that I have a similar problem on my unhacked NTSC-U Wii that is solved by changing between 480i and 480p, but that's easily fixed by swapping back and forth. My default video mode in GX is Disc default, and I've tinkered with trying System default. So you're saying I should avoid the VIDTV and SNEEK vidpatches? I'm trying to install Neek2o, and i'm transferring my files back to my HDD after formatting it, so I'll try tinkering again once I can plug my HDD back into my Wii. Thanks for responding :-)

Okay, getting somewhere now. I hooked my Wii up to my TV with a composite video cable, and that fixed the issue. My video settings are: Disc default with no patching enabled. I'd like to continue using my component connection, so surely there must be something I can do.

ntpsq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to launch games from Emunand in neek2o mode (like in WiiFlow) in USB Loader GX or postloader? I can only get some games to work in WiiFlow + neek2o mode but I don't like the design of WiiFlow compared to the other 2. Thanks.

MrRainwater42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm having some major issues with getting my Wii to work. I've spent 4 hours yesterday and 7 today just trying to get it back to playing GC backups. It seems like I hit some wall with every guide or piece of advice I follow. In short, would someone be available to Skype call, or anything really to help me out with these problems? I'm going to pull my hair out if I can't get this figured out! Just shoot me a message or reply on here if you'd be willing to help out.

Thanks

MrRainwater42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm having some major issues with getting my Wii to work. I've spent 4 hours yesterday and 7 today just trying to get it back to playing GC backups. It seems like I hit some wall with every guide or piece of advice I follow. In short, would someone be available to Skype call, or anything really to help me out with these problems? I'm going to pull my hair out if I can't get this figured out! Just shoot me a message or reply on here if you'd be willing to help out.

Thanks

This is now solved. I found a guide at www.se7ensins.com that pretty much walked through every step, and it explained why things did what they do (that's what a newbie to IOS needs). Anyone looking for a little guidance; i recommend checking their guides out!

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Hey guys, really noob question here and I'm sure there might have tons of answers for this but... What do I need/have to do in order to emulate? I only want to emulate SNES and maybe PS1 (if there is a working emulator). I use the USBLoader GX.
Thanks!

Peoncup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have USB Loader GX installed on my Wii. If I install a gamecube usb launch using this guide will I break anything on my wii? Like will my USB Loader still work?

z3r0w1n9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm obviously missing something, hopefully something not too terribly obvious, else I'll feel like a total moron.

Release-day Wii, system menu 4.3U, homebrew channel installed, USB Loader GX and WiiFlow both on SD Card, both launch just fine and browse games on two different USB HDDs plus a USB thumbdrive, but every time I select and start any of several games, the select screen image is all black (with the Settings and Start buttons) and Start just fails back to either the homebrew channel or the Wii menu (if I launch from the WAD).

sysCheck 1.6 gets almost all the way through the vulnerability check then hangs with a flashing drive. It got this much info, anyway:

=====
sysCheck v1.6.2 by Erik Spyder

Region: NTSC-U
The system menu v513 is running under IOS58 (rev 6176)
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 69469391
Boot2 v4
Found 73 titles
Found 35 IOS on this console
Found 14 IOS Stubs on this console
=====

Drive is dead on this Wii, so I really wanted the HDD loading to work. Any ideas? What info am I leaving out? What uber-important step did I forget when setting all this up?

Thanks.

- Zero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol