Quick questions regarding a modded switch oled

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys! Ive just been referred here by dear @SylverReZ from chat, just wanted quick answers directly, have been searching and googling to gets answers but not getting proper answers i want so if this is right place to ask hope someone can help, ok so this is my 2nd time ive got a switch from ebay and i wanted to know if everything is ok, ask quick questions & if not fine, ill be sending it back on monday (like i did last time quickly send it back as it was messed up)

So, just got a switch oled this time, was bit expensive £330 , but if is all fine ill keep it otherwise if its dodgy will send it back, it came with a 256 micro sd and seems it has the files already setted up, ive left all the files like that how it came. (any advice regarding this will really appreciated):

Its on hekate v6.0.5 and when start up the system there comes up the following: "Launch" , "more configs" , "payloads" and "emuMMC" am still trying to figure out whats all that😐 but after clicking on "Launch" there comes up: cfw(sysMMC) , cfw (emuMMC) , Stock , and Fusee, after long search found a rom, it doesnt work or install on any of the 3 options via tinfoil, but the game only installs and works on "Fusee", is this normal??

Even when installing it via tinfoil on "Fusee" it doesnt fully complete the installation, the bar gets stuck near the end on about 30mb but when i go back and exit the tinfoil application the game icon shows its installed and starts working.. this happens with all the games ive tried installing, am wondering is the complete game installed or something in the game stays missing?? Is this something normal as well?

Other thing is each time i try launching the game from via "Fusee" it keeps saying "A new update is available it will be downloaded" but i dont want to mess with internet so i just click on: "start software" also after closing the game it promts that it wants to download some data from internet, i just have been clicking on "cancel download "each time

Theres few other things i want to ask & confirm but if someone can answer these for now, will really appreciate thanks alot, oh and the left joycon and pointer on screen has been drifiting occasionally which i think is a joycon issue and not the modding issue, still this might justify returning the swich coz of the price and not being able to get a fix from nintendo as its a 2nd hand switch from ebay..

Last edited by zubz19,

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
is dbi installer like tinfoil? is that more reliable, and regrading patches, are they different patches for different games like dlcs or just a general patch file to put somwhere that fixes all of them? ( just looking into the links you sent and try figuring out this thanks, am newbie to switch hombrew)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is dbi installer like tinfoil? is that more reliable, and regrading patches, are they different patches for different games like dlcs or just a general patch file to put somwhere that fixes all of them? ( just looking into the links you sent and try figuring out this thanks, am newbie to switch hombrew)

Dbi is a title installer, tinfoil can be used as a shop installer plus title installer, people here recommend dbi. You needs these patches for homebrew , pirated games. It is not games dlc specific.

Reactions: zubz19

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dbi is a title installer, tinfoil can be used as a shop installer plus title installer, people here recommend dbi. You needs these patches for homebrew , pirated games. It is not games dlc specific.
just did the game installing via the DBI and now games cleanly install! i think the games are properly installed now and work as normally, DBI is a much powerful installer which takes good control of the installing process:) . Regarding the patches you were mentioning that might be needed for some game, i was checking that link you sent and i didnt figure out what patches to get but i did a google for the latest sigpatches and found this web: https://sigmapatches.coomer.party/ it says in there that you simply download the sigpatches files and replace it with the same folders in the root sd and its all done, i just want to confirm if this is ok? the sigpatches on that web downlolads two folders: atmosphere and bootloader and they are actually much smaller size than the same ones i have currently in the sd card..

Another question i have is some nsp/xci games have separate update part file with it and dlc so i was wondering that how do you install them? do i have to put the updates and or dlc in a specific folder??

Also something a bit silly but i was wondering that my micro sd card is getting full with those games, and i have another 128gb empty sd card which i will need to setup; for that do i simply copy and paste all them files that are in the current sd card? also are there any important files in that sd card that you would advise i should backup etc? thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did the game installing via the DBI and now games cleanly install! i think the games are properly installed now and work as normally, DBI is a much powerful installer which takes good control of the installing process:) . Regarding the patches you were mentioning that might be needed for some game, i was checking that link you sent and i didnt figure out what patches to get but i did a google for the latest sigpatches and found this web: https://sigmapatches.coomer.party/ it says in there that you simply download the sigpatches files and replace it with the same folders in the root sd and its all done, i just want to confirm if this is ok? the sigpatches on that web downlolads two folders: atmosphere and bootloader and they are actually much smaller size than the same ones i have currently in the sd card..

Another question i have is some nsp/xci games have separate update part file with it and dlc so i was wondering that how do you install them? do i have to put the updates and or dlc in a specific folder??

Also something a bit silly but i was wondering that my micro sd card is getting full with those games, and i have another 128gb empty sd card which i will need to setup; for that do i simply copy and paste all them files that are in the current sd card? also are there any important files in that sd card that you would advise i should backup etc? thanks

You install the update/dlc just like how you would install a game. Update and dlc would be in nsp format.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You install the update/dlc just like how you would install a game. Update and dlc would be in nsp format.
right so after installing the base game, i just install the update/dlc files and the base game automatically becomes updated and i can delete those files after

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
right so after installing the base game, i just install the update/dlc files and the base game automatically becomes updated and i can delete those files after

That is correct you can delete the file on your computer once you done installing, you should do usb install if you are not doing that, don't drag and drop files onto SD to install.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is correct you can delete the file on your computer once you done installing, you should do usb install if you are not doing that, don't drag and drop files onto SD to install.
There is this spyro trio in nsp file , ive installed the base game which is 6.28gb but its not the complete , the game plays & starts as normal but it says the update will be needed later on to play the full, i got the update file which is 8.77gb and when i try installing from the DBI like normally it doesnt install, rather an error occurs; below is the screenshot, any idea why the update file isnt installing?

Attachments

• 20230807_063008.jpg
    20230807_063008.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 28

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is this spyro trio in nsp file , ive installed the base game which is 6.28gb but its not the complete , the game plays & starts as normal but it says the update will be needed later on to play the full, i got the update file which is 8.77gb and when i try installing from the DBI like normally it doesnt install, rather an error occurs; below is the screenshot, any idea why the update file isnt installing?

redownload the game installer file and check its integrity, as this file is corrupted.

Last edited by Hayato213,

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys if anyone can help regarding i wanting to use another micro sd card as the 256gb that came with the moded oled switch is nearly full with games, i have just bought another 512gb sandisk micro sd card to use as a 2nd card to put on more games, does anyone know how i can setup this second micro sd card? what files is needed to put on the card and what steps to be followed to setting up this new card??

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys if anyone can help regarding i wanting to use another micro sd card as the 256gb that came with the moded oled switch is nearly full with games, i have just bought another 512gb sandisk micro sd card to use as a 2nd card to put on more games, does anyone know how i can setup this second micro sd card? what files is needed to put on the card and what steps to be followed to setting up this new card??

1TB probably would be a better choice for you since you get the most available space.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i went for a 1 TB card. cause its a hassle to switch between sd cards. it can damage your SD Slot if you eject/inject an SD Card too often
yeh ive been reading this somewhere about it getting damaged (nintis done a bad job with the sd card slot damn:angry:). ill try finding 1tb card then (has to be quality n fast one i guess so no slow down in games running) a quality ones hard to find coz so many fake n cheap ones going about, where did you get the 1tb? and for how much (many are selling like about £130!!), what make company to get?

Also do you know what to do once get the card, the files needed to put on etc, how to set it up??
Post automatically merged:

1TB probably would be a better choice for you since you get the most available space.
what size card are you using currently. any ideas for whats the best card make company for 1tb micro sd, any suggestions where to get from, want good price but still has to be quality one not the cheap copies that mess up quickly

Last edited by zubz19,

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeh ive been reading this somewhere about it getting damaged (nintis done a bad job with the sd card slot damn:angry:). ill try finding 1tb card then (has to be quality n fast one i guess so no slow down in games running) a quality ones hard to find coz so many fake n cheap ones going about, where did you get the 1tb? and for how much (many are selling like about £130!!), what make company to get?

Also do you know what to do once get the card, the files needed to put on etc, how to set it up??
Post automatically merged:

what size card are you using currently. any ideas for whats the best card make company for 1tb micro sd, any suggestions where to get from, want good price but still has to be quality one not the cheap copies that mess up quickly
I use a 1TB SanDisk Ultra. got it for 90 Euro. i would spend the 100-110 cause its worth.

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use a 1TB SanDisk Ultra. got it for 90 Euro. i would spend the 100-110 cause its worth.
oh right ok, 90 euros about £80, do you think amazons good place to get this? just encase somethings wrong so can get refund/replacement. Also how much memory is exactly found in your 1tb card? as normally all memory cards have less size than the official stated size, and how many switch games have you mange to fit so far

Last edited by zubz19,

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always buy microsd cards from amazon, never had any problem with fake cards. You can also try bestbuy but from my experience amazon always has the best price. Bought the 1TB sandisk ultra last year for $150 and it's $85 on amazon right now:

1692173629528.png

To be honest 512GB is more than enough for me, don't think you'll need 200 games installed on your switch anyway

• Love

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oh right ok, 90 euros about £80, do you think amazons good place to get this? just encase somethings wrong so can get refund/replacement. Also how much memory is exactly found in your 1tb card? as normally all memory cards have less size than the official stated size, and how many switch games have you mange to fit so far
i got mine of Amazon xD

zubz19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always buy microsd cards from amazon, never had any problem with fake cards. You can also try bestbuy but from my experience amazon always has the best price. Bought the 1TB sandisk ultra last year for $150 and it's $85 on amazon right now:

View attachment 388632

To be honest 512GB is more than enough for me, don't think you'll need 200 games installed on your switch a

View attachment 388632

To be honest 512GB is more than enough for me, don't think you'll need 200 games installed on your switch anyway

zubz19:
cool, will defini get it from amazon then, yeh ive got 512gb card, a 256gb and 128gb cards too but some guys are advising to not changing different cards as micro slot could break on the switch. |The switch games folder on my pc is nearing to 400gb and ive got about 30 games, still to download many more plus intend to put on emulators and psp games etc so dont think a 512gb card will accommodate all that at one time, also dont like the idea of playing and deleting the games so 1tb will do the work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol