• Views 514,741
  • Replies 3,816
  • Likes 6

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. I tried to play splinter cell chaos theory using dios mios. But I keep getting a green screen after the dios mios "splash" screen appears. Help please.

detroitwillfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soo my burned games that use to work dont work nemore on my wii and i cant manage to get the wii to play games from iso on my 500gb external WD HD.. ive used WBFS manager, as well as modmiis usb loader configurable setting.. dont know where im going wrong??

M

milkman12345

I am trying to play Zelda Majora's Mask.

I am using a PAL Wii and NTSC WAD due to Nintendo's shitty PAL conversions. The game loads, but it is laggy and the graphics are very pixelated.

I've tried the following and the result is always the same

-Loading it from the both system menu and USB loader GX
-Playing around with video patches on USB loader GX
-Downloading the .WAD from two different sources
-Re-installing IOS 53

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play Zelda Majora's Mask.

I am using a PAL Wii and NTSC WAD due to Nintendo's shitty PAL conversions. The game loads, but it is laggy and the graphics are very pixelated.

I've tried the following and the result is always the same

-Loading it from the both system menu and USB loader GX
-Playing around with video patches on USB loader GX
-Downloading the .WAD from two different sources
-Re-installing IOS 53

You got this from the shop channel or is it your own disc? Maybe you should just try the PAL wad to see if it gets rid of the pixellation.

Atomika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

This might be a novice question, however, is it possible to change or modify the banner image of a channel within usb loader GX? I currently have two backups of the same game (a pal backup of my own version and an ntsc version), and as they have the same channel image, it can sometimes be troublesome to check which is which (plus it would be nice to have a bit of distinction!)

Specifically this is for use with smash brothers brawl and project M, but within usb loader gx rather than the default wii menu. (to look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/0uGCs8i.png)

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hi all,

This might be a novice question, however, is it possible to change or modify the banner image of a channel within usb loader GX? I currently have two backups of the same game (a pal backup of my own version and an ntsc version), and as they have the same channel image, it can sometimes be troublesome to check which is which (plus it would be nice to have a bit of distinction!)

Specifically this is for use with smash brothers brawl and project M, but within usb loader gx rather than the default wii menu. (to look something like this: http://i.imgur.com/0uGCs8i.png)

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers!
You can rename any of these
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ssbb-mod-iso-builder.351177/page-9#post-4856944
with the GameID of the game whose banner you want to replace and put it in GX's banner cache folder. (you can see which folder that is by going to settings->custom paths IIRC)

PkGalen

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, people. I have this issue everytime I try to load Mario Kart Wii. It all seems normal, I load it and the wrist strap warning screen appears, I press any button, and then the screen goes entirely black. I've tried a couple of usb loaders but that doesn't seem to be the problem. If anyone has the solution, I would really appreciate it, thanks.

g00gly0eyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to run a hacked iso with Devolution? I want to change some textures for Phantasy Star Online but I can't get it to verify with my pso disk. It does run with the edited textures on Dolphin. Do I need to make the texture files the same size, and if so how can I do that?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is it possible to run a hacked iso with Devolution? I want to change some textures for Phantasy Star Online but I can't get it to verify with my pso disk. It does run with the edited textures on Dolphin. Do I need to make the texture files the same size, and if so how can I do that?
The problem is that Devolution checks your dump against a real retail disk the first time you use the game and there's not going to be a retail disk for a hacked ISO so I'd assume it won't work.

Rajahten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question.

I have gotten as far as installing HBC, bootmii, D2x for 249 and 250. I also have wiiflow, however, no matter what I do, no games are detected on my external under the NTFS file system. I've read a lot about everything and have gotten this far on my own. I hook the external up so that wiiflow says "USB1" so I know it's there. I'm just not sure why I can't see any games. Do they have to be a specific format? I've tried ISO and wbfs games.

Also, one last question, I am finding it difficult to find a way around having a FAT32 partition while still being able to copy over games over 4gigs (which is the whole point of me doing this, as I have a wiikey anyway).

Thanks guys,.

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question.

I have gotten as far as installing HBC, bootmii, D2x for 249 and 250. I also have wiiflow, however, no matter what I do, no games are detected on my external under the NTFS file system. I've read a lot about everything and have gotten this far on my own. I hook the external up so that wiiflow says "USB1" so I know it's there. I'm just not sure why I can't see any games. Do they have to be a specific format? I've tried ISO and wbfs games.

Also, one last question, I am finding it difficult to find a way around having a FAT32 partition while still being able to copy over games over 4gigs (which is the whole point of me doing this, as I have a wiikey anyway).

Thanks guys,.

use wii backup manager to manage your drive. you can use FAT32 and it will setup the file structure for you and convert the games into .wbfs files....games over 4GB will be split into a 4GB part (.wbfs) and the remainder (.wbf1).

g00gly0eyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that Devolution checks your dump against a real retail disk the first time you use the game and there's not going to be a retail disk for a hacked ISO so I'd assume it won't work.
surely it doesn't compare every single piece of code? That would be terribly inefficient. I'm thinking there must be some way to fool the program into thinking the swapped out textures are legit, if a certain variable was correct.. or perhaps a manually inserted verified tag for the game, so it doesn't run the check.

Rajahten

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im interested in making part of the USB drive NTSC (for normal backup) and a small portion of it FAT32 (for wii backups). Is this going to work?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
surely it doesn't compare every single piece of code? That would be terribly inefficient. I'm thinking there must be some way to fool the program into thinking the swapped out textures are legit, if a certain variable was correct.. or perhaps a manually inserted verified tag for the game, so it doesn't run the check.
You're probably right. I understand that GC games don't have the whole disk encrypted and signed (Wii disks do, I believe) so there's probably some way to get around it ... and no harm trying.

Since it's closed sourced, though, it's not as easy as just glancing at the code to see what it checks and what it doesn't.

Marcus McFry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what am I doing wrong here, I have wiiflow & usb loader GX installed on my pal 4.3E wii. Wiiflow works fine and loads my backup games fine. usb loader gx on the other hand doesn't, i have default settings placed, games are detected yet they don't boot nor load. All I get is a black screen, I am also trying to get my backup Gamecube games detected, I have the box checked for it to locate it. None of the games show. Do I need to have the GC games in a specific folder? (I have a "games") folder for gc games & wbfs folder for my wii backup games. Any help would be appreciated in helping get usbloadergx to work so I can play both my wii/gc backups. thx

slothrop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Wiiflow, have a usb drive formatted with NTFS. I try using the install backup option of wiiflow but it only creates a file 4.2 mb in size. It appears to be in the right place, it's in a folder named wbfs, named correctly for the game, but it can only be launched if the correct disc is in the the dvd drive. Why is Wiiflow not creating a complete copy of the game?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1