Hacking question about save files and my flashcart ?

pbgbottle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys newbie here i have a quick question or a few of them .i have been doing some reading and searching . and am getting more confused firmware ,clones .v1.41. updating ?
I came upon this great site while looking for info on my cart after i purchased it without research

first question . i have a R4i Gold V2.0 (R4IDS.com) using AKAIO 1.8.6a is this a clone card .? is the card a decent one with good support and i have read about some people using wood firmware .
this one uses AKAIO how come . the website also has a firmware to support the 3ds which i don't have just curious if this really does support the 3ds

and about the v1.41 is that the cart or the DS
i have never updated anything on the DS if there is wifi updates for it i don't no .should i be updating the fimware in the DSL also .for better performance? or just leave it alone

the DSL is used by my 7 yr old she doesn't use the wifi . and about sav files .i loaded a 16GB card up with 420 games how much room do i need for the sav files ? i have 512 MB left for space.

thanks for any reply i get all info will be greatly appreciated .

PBG

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
pbgbottle said:
hey guys newbie here i have a quick question or a few of them .i have been doing some reading and searching . and am getting more confused firmware ,clones .v1.41. updating ?
I came upon this great site while looking for info on my cart after i purchased it without research

first question . i have a R4i Gold V2.0 (R4IDS.com) using AKAIO 1.8.6a is this a clone card .? is the card a decent one with good support and i have read about some people using wood firmware . what website does it say on the front of the card?
this one uses AKAIO how come . the website also has a firmware to support the 3ds which i don't have just curious if this really does support the 3ds

and about the v1.41 is that the cart or the DS it's 1.4.1 and that's the newest firmware for a dsi, not a flashcart
i have never updated anything on the DS if there is wifi updates for it i don't no .should i be updating the fimware in the DSL also .for better performance? or just leave it alone you cannot update a dsl

the DSL is used by my 7 yr old she doesn't use the wifi . and about sav files .i loaded a 16GB card up with 420 games how much room do i need for the sav files ? i have 512 MB left for space. Save files are tiny, only 512KB each. So you will need 215MB for 420 games (wow that's a lot of games, you sure?) So yes, you do have enough room.

thanks for any reply i get all info will be greatly appreciated .

PBG

^Read the bold bits.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to be rude, but a 20 year old (at least) should know how to use punctuation, capitalization, and formatting correctly.

From what I recall, the R4i Gold is considered a clone card. The AceKard team asked the AKAIO team (who rocks!) to make a one time firmware for the R4i. Currently, 99% of the cards that run on the DSi models load games in DS mode, so no using DSi enhanced features.

v1.41 is referring to the firmware of the DSi/3DS models. If you plan only to use the DS/DSL versions, it doesn't matter to you if your card is updated or not.

420 games.
laugh.gif

Most game saves are around 512k. If she saved each game once, you would have about 210MB worth of saves.

pbgbottle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks, sorry for my grammer.
i was typing fast ,my wife wants me off the computer .i am 42 doh!
writing isn't my strong suit .I am a truck driver and don't do much typing, I keep my hands on the wheel ,HA!,HA!

i did post the website but here it is again . R4IDS.com
and yes 420 games on a 16GB card I collected games 01 -5595 US ones only.

i just loaded the first 420 ,
wether or not she will play them all i don't know but they will sure keep her busy .

pbgbottle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if it is a clone card then The AceKard team must of made a second firmware for this card because there is two available for download for this card and a 3ds one aswell

firmware AKAIO 1.8.1 and AKAIO 1.8.6a

thanks anything else guys . cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: