question about save files and my flashcart ?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by pbgbottle, Apr 24, 2011.

Apr 24, 2011
  1. pbgbottle
    OP

Newcomer pbgbottle Member

Canada
    hey guys newbie here i have a quick question or a few of them .i have been doing some reading and searching . and am getting more confused firmware ,clones .v1.41. updating ?
    I came upon this great site while looking for info on my cart after i purchased it without research

first question . i have a R4i Gold V2.0 (R4IDS.com) using AKAIO 1.8.6a is this a clone card .? is the card a decent one with good support and i have read about some people using wood firmware .
    this one uses AKAIO how come . the website also has a firmware to support the 3ds which i don't have just curious if this really does support the 3ds

and about the v1.41 is that the cart or the DS
    i have never updated anything on the DS if there is wifi updates for it i don't no .should i be updating the fimware in the DSL also .for better performance? or just leave it alone

the DSL is used by my 7 yr old she doesn't use the wifi . and about sav files .i loaded a 16GB card up with 420 games how much room do i need for the sav files ? i have 512 MB left for space.

thanks for any reply i get all info will be greatly appreciated .

PBG

2. MaxNuker

Member MaxNuker GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute

Portugal
    depends... some sav's are like 512kb, others 256kb i think, really depends on the game...

3. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    ^Read the bold bits.

4. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Not to be rude, but a 20 year old (at least) should know how to use punctuation, capitalization, and formatting correctly.

From what I recall, the R4i Gold is considered a clone card. The AceKard team asked the AKAIO team (who rocks!) to make a one time firmware for the R4i. Currently, 99% of the cards that run on the DSi models load games in DS mode, so no using DSi enhanced features.

v1.41 is referring to the firmware of the DSi/3DS models. If you plan only to use the DS/DSL versions, it doesn't matter to you if your card is updated or not.

420 games. [​IMG]

Most game saves are around 512k. If she saved each game once, you would have about 210MB worth of saves.

5. pbgbottle
    OP

Canada
    thanks, sorry for my grammer.
    i was typing fast ,my wife wants me off the computer .i am 42 doh!
    writing isn't my strong suit .I am a truck driver and don't do much typing, I keep my hands on the wheel ,HA!,HA!

i did post the website but here it is again . R4IDS.com
    and yes 420 games on a 16GB card I collected games 01 -5595 US ones only.

i just loaded the first 420 ,
    wether or not she will play them all i don't know but they will sure keep her busy .

6. pbgbottle
    OP

Canada
    if it is a clone card then The AceKard team must of made a second firmware for this card because there is two available for download for this card and a 3ds one aswell

firmware AKAIO 1.8.1 and AKAIO 1.8.6a

thanks anything else guys . cheers