Hardware Question about Friidump

Volkov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How does fFriiDump know what version a wii disc is? example "1.00" and "1.01" etc.

I cannot find anything at all using trucha signer to view the disc and also searching all the files...

I can't burn the games and dump it with Friidump again as that causes screwups, as does mounting the ISO. Does Rawdump (that I use to dump to ISO) miss some data or something, like version number? If so does Friidump do the same?

If anyone can tell me how to find out what version the wii disc is without owning legit disc and beginning the dump process with FriiDump, that would be very helpful!

- Thankyou

party

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Volkov said:
How does fFriiDump know what version a wii disc is? example "1.00" and "1.01" etc.

All that metadata is stored at the very beginning of the disc (or .iso).
Look at this: http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Wiidisc

Volkov said:
I cannot find anything at all using trucha signer to view the disc and also searching all the files...

I'm not sure if trucha shows the version. I'm too lazy to set it up correctly. But I just tried pretty much all other iso tools, and none of them displayed the version
frown.gif

Only the game title, maker code, region etc.

Volkov said:
I can't burn the games and dump it with Friidump again as that causes screwups,

Of course not. Because all the dumping tools are only for dumping original discs, not backups. You can copy backups (or create isos of them) with ANY burning app (e.g. imgburn, nero etc.) and ANY DVD-ROM or DVD burner (brand doesn't matter - LG NOT required).

Volkov said:
as does mounting the ISO.

What did you use to mount it? "Normal" iso mounters/editors like daemontools, winiso, ultraiso etc. won't work, because wii isos are different from normal isos. You can create an iso from a wii backup, and you can burn it again with ANY normal tool. BUT for opening/editing it you need special wii tools like wiibrowse, trucha signer, wiifuse, wiitools etc.

QUOTE(Volkov @ Mar 10 2008, 06:23 PM)
Does Rawdump (that I use to dump to ISO) miss some data or something, like version number? If so does Friidump do the same?

Why do you think they miss it? It's all in the iso. I just checked it (but I'm not sure how to interpet what I read in the hexeditor).

CODE
If anyone can tell me how to find out what version the wii disc is without owning legit disc and beginning the dump process with FriiDump, that would be very helpful!

Well, as I said, I couldn't find a tool that displays the version umber. So I used a hex editor and opened an iso with it. I tried it with Biohazard Umbrella Chronicles JAP.
Here's a short howto:

1. get a hex editor. I used xvi32 (google it)
2. open the iso (this can take a minute)
3. look at the wiibrew link from above. It says the version is stored at 0x0000000007. So, because the adress numbering starts at 0 and not 1, it is actually located at the eighth hmmm "hex block" (see screenshot). You could also look at the size column at wiibrew and just add the sizes: 1+2+1+2+1+1=8 --> eighth "hex block" in xvi32
smile.gif

As you can see, it says 00 which confuses me. I know its in hex, but 00 in hex is still 0 in decimal. Maybe 00 means 1.00? So e.g. 02 would mean 1.2 or 1.02? I don't know...

Maybe you or someone else can make more sense of it. Maybe try it with a known v1.x game and see what adress 0x0000000007 contains. Good luck!

PS: Damn the ******** quote blocks limit!

Volkov

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lol. i should of updated my post. Between me and the author of the "WUM" program, we have figured out all of this and it has been incorporated into the new version of WUM. Only problem is MySims shows version "97" which is stupid as everything else is "00" and in rare occations "01" and even "02".

Golden compass showed "02" in hex but the WUM program showed version 1.00 still. Still have to look into it and iron out the bugs but we'll see....

MySims is really really dodgy ISO

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?