Hacking [Q] What is the best and most useful setup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chaotix000
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,248
  • Replies Replies 3

chaotix000

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
4
Trophies
1
XP
364
Country
United States
Just installed the new Xploit and I was wondering what is the best way to get everything I possibly can out of Rebug?
I've tried taking a look at PS3 hacking sites but I'm overwhelmed with options. I've had a modded PSP and PSV before and loved the way those where setup. The way everything could be done through the XMB and how easy it was to use VSH plugins. I want to know if theres ways to do that but on PS3.
  • What's the best way to run backups?
  • Whats the best way to enable cheat codes?
  • What's the best way to transfer games from a PC to the console?
Any help would be appreciated!
 
What's the best way to run backups?
directly through XMB, with webman.

Webman is a plugin (prx, like you use with PSP), which list your console and external HDD content directly to XMB.
it works with NTFS drives too.
So, I guess the best way is to put ISO or extracted game folder on external drive and let webman list/launch them from XMB.

To enable ISO and prx plugins, enable the cobra option.

To list games from NTFS so webman can see them, you need to launch "prepNTFS" homebrew.

Whats the best way to enable cheat codes?
I'll pass. never did it.

What's the best way to transfer games from a PC to the console?
either you don't, you play them from external USB (fat32 or NTFS if ISO format)
or you transfer them with a file manager (like MultiMan) using your FAT32 HDD. Files bigger than 4GB can be split/reconstructed.
MultiMAN should work with NTFS too, but in read only (to transfer the game to internal).

network transfer is not recommended, unless you connect your devices in direct (no router). but USB is still the best method.


edit:
I've read that some game work better in ISO format than extracted file format.
Extracted format could have issue, black screen, etc.
 
Last edited by Cyan,
  • Like
Reactions: chaotix000
directly through XMB, with webman.

Webman is a plugin (rpx, like you use with PSP), which list your console and external HDD content directly to XMB.
it works with NTFS drives too.
So, I guess the best way is to put ISO on external drive and let webman list/launch them.


I'll pass. never did it.


either you don't, you play them from external USB (fat32 or NTFS)
or you transfer them with a file manager (like MultiMan) using your FAT32 HDD. Files bigger than 4GB can be split/reconstructed.
MultiMAN should work with NTFS too, but in read only (to transfer the game to internal).

network transfer is not recommended, unless you connect your devices in direct (no router). but USB is still the best method.
+1 with everything he said.
I've had some good results with webman, ntfs USB 3.0 external HDD,
 
Cool. Thank you for the reply. Ill look into seting up the webman plugin. I was using Multiman for a bit but i didnt like how i had to launch that app then go to the game. Again thank you very much. This helps.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted