Hardware Where can I buy a Memory Stick adapter that supports 256GB+?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to get high capacity SD Cards to work using the various microSD to Memory Stick Adapters that are out there. I've tried 3 different Adapters including the Funturbo one, I've tried various microSD's I have lying around, a 256GB Lexar, 2 separate 512GB SanDisk's, another 400GB SanDisk, a 512GB Samsung. Formatting FAT32 via fat32formatter with 64kB and 32kB clusters, even 16kB clusters. I've tried flashing the zzBlank.img that I've seen people say also works for the PSP and not the Vita. I've tried connecting the PSP to my Computer and formatting the memory Stick that way (which just results in it registering on my computer as 128GB. Best result I've had so far is getting the PSP to read the card by flashing the zzBlank.img and formatting with fat32formatter w/64kB clusters, the when I transfer everything over only to see various files listed as "Corrupted Data" when trying to view the Game menu, lots of those files are only 64kb, others are the same size as some games, deleting them does nothing, and I noticed not everything that I transferred is visible from the XMB, but connecting my memory card to my computer says everything is fine and not corrupted. CFW I am using is ARK CFW on a PSP 2000 (not sure what variant of 2000). This is frustrating, almost every listing for an adapter that I've been seeing has the max capacity listed at 128GB usually, the one card that I found on ebay from a high rated store in the UK had a listing of 512GB, so naturally I bought it, tested it, same result. Am I doing something wrong? Are there no adapters capable of reading beyond 128GB or am I just looking in the wrong place?

I would really like some help. Yes I know I can do all the same things with a Vita. I have a modded Vita and Vita TV with 1TB cards in them, I want to focus on the PSP and pimp it out to the max, like I've done all my other consoles, besides some homebrew runs better on the PSP due to the lack of Media Engine in the Vita/Vita TV.

RealYoti

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Don't use shady programs, card must be formatted via PSP menu.
Cards with more then 128 GB of space are not recommended to use.

Darthagnon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
128GB seems to be the limit, according to Reddit, though allegedly some old-stock microSD adapters allowed use of larger memory sticks.

Are you using one of those double microSD adapters or a single microSD adapter?

Even if you get a larger card read (it involves writing zzblank.img, formatting in FAT32, then transferring blank PSP folder structure + two hidden .IND files), the adapter will only access around 119GB before it thinks it's full and refuses to transfer more files.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using a single adapter. And that's weird because Funturbo sells SD2Vita's that can read up to 1TB, I'm surprised their Memory Stick Adapters can't read beyond 128GB.
The PSP MS Pro Duo and PS Vita adapters work differently on a fundamental level.

PSP adapter has a glob chip that does logic for the conversion and the PS Vita adapter is a simple pass-though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto