ROM Hack Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories (USA) with Pocket Station support Vita

airlancet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been doing some experimenting with the PocketStation unlocker plugin.

I started wondering if it would be possible to load any PSX game to work with the pocket station. I used a plugin that allowed me to load psp and psx games without adrenaline. (nopspemudrm)

This only allowed me to enable Games available from the PSN store. What about games not located on the store. As documented in that addon, Games signed with chovy-sign will work. Using this, I signed and installed the game on the vita.

I decided I would try this with the US release of Yu-Gi-Oh forbidden memories. Now, I was able to get this to work and have pocketstation enabled, however this game gives no option to load the required Pocketstation game data to the virtual memory card. So, I used the Zebra Emulator with a copy of the Japanes Yu-Gi-Oh to create a memory card file (BU00) that contains the required data. Using Memcardrex, I saved this to a vita memory card format, and placed in the game save directory. It could load the required PocketStation game for Yu-Gi-Oh.

Final problem, the PocketStation would not recognize the US game file. This is due to it being hard coded to find the Japanese save file. So, using MemCardRex I exported the save data to a raw file and edited it with HxD. I modified the PocketStation game data to search for the amarican save file instead of the Japanese save file. I reloaded this to the vita.

With all of that complete, I can now play Yu-Gi-Oh forbidden memories (US Version) on my vita, and the pocketstation is enabled and able to read and act on the save file to allow these functions. Obviously some functions would be limited due to not being able to do IR, but it is working! This opens up the possibility of other Pocketstation games working with US releases. Just wanted to post and share this as I found it to be very interesting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto