Help recovering after I formatted memory card

ohtmeel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here. So I downloaded henkaku as well as downgraded to 3.65. I downloaded andrenaline without the sd and it would only work when it wasn’t inside the vita. I wanted to get most things onto the sd2vita. I kept trying to get it to work, so after multiple failed attempts, my dumbass came up with the idea to format the internal memory card. Now when I boot the vita without the sd apps like vitadeploy,vitashell, etc are gone. Henkaku settings are there but nothing else. Though when I stick the sd back in everything is there like how it was with or without the sd2vita. Now when I unplug or plug in the sd and boot it always says updating database. How can I recover where I was?

I wanted to initially just remove the hack all over by resetting the vita back to factory settings, but im not sure it’s possible to hack it again when on 3.65. I just want to get back to where I was and not mess around anymore.

Appreciate the help!

Edit: I kinda gave up on it. But it seems like without the sd2vita all the homebrew apps are gone. Henkaku settings are there but cant access henlo from the browser as I get an JsArray error.

Once I plug the sd2vita, it rebuilds data base and all apps boot up. I plan on making a backup incase this card ever decides to go bad. But I can access vitadeploy, vitashell. I’ve been downloading games and they’ve been booting just fine. I even got adrenaline to work. I could’ve saved myself so much trouble if I wasnt a dumbass.

The last thing I tried was holding L+R on boot. It boots the vita as it has been restored. Henkaku settings are no longer there. The CFW is also not there and its set back to 3.74. I tried to see if it would let me jailbreak it again and it gives me an SSL communication error. Though on the next boot without holding L+R, Henkaku settings are present once again.

I wanted the main homebrew to be on the internal mem just as a safety net and to save me some trouble in the future. Should have mentioned earlier, but I am using a 2000 model. Id still like to go that route, but for now this will do. If anyone has a solution please let me know!

Last edited by ohtmeel,
Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Well-Hated Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here. So I downloaded henkaku as well as downgraded to 3.65. I downloaded andrenaline without the sd and it would only work when it wasn’t inside the vita. I wanted to get most things onto the sd2vita. I kept trying to get it to work, so after multiple failed attempts, my dumbass came up with the idea to format the internal memory card. Now when I boot the vita without the sd apps like vitadeploy,vitashell, etc are gone. Henkaku settings are there but nothing else. Though when I stick the sd back in everything is there like how it was with or without the sd2vita. Now when I unplug or plug in the sd and boot it always says updating database. How can I recover where I was?

I wanted to initially just remove the hack all over by resetting the vita back to factory settings, but im not sure it’s possible to hack it again when on 3.65. I just want to get back to where I was and not mess around anymore.

Appreciate the help!

Edit: I kinda gave up on it. But it seems like without the sd2vita all the homebrew apps are gone. Henkaku settings are there but cant access henlo from the browser as I get an JsArray error.

Once I plug the sd2vita, it rebuilds data base and all apps boot up. I plan on making a backup incase this card ever decides to go bad. But I can access vitadeploy, vitashell. I’ve been downloading games and they’ve been booting just fine. I even got adrenaline to work. I could’ve saved myself so much trouble if I wasnt a dumbass.

The last thing I tried was holding L+R on boot. It boots the vita as it has been restored. Henkaku settings are no longer there. The CFW is also not there and its set back to 3.74. I tried to see if it would let me jailbreak it again and it gives me an SSL communication error. Though on the next boot without holding L+R, Henkaku settings are present once again.

I wanted the main homebrew to be on the internal mem just as a safety net and to save me some trouble in the future. Should have mentioned earlier, but I am using a 2000 model. Id still like to go that route, but for now this will do. If anyone has a solution please let me know!
Hey chief, thanks for chiming in, as there are a LOT of people here than can help you with this. I would like to start off by saying that YOU ARE NOT A DUMBASS. Hacking a PS Vita can be daunting, I remember hacking this little gizmo back in like 2015, and knowing I could botch the whole thing and brick it, and as familiar as I could be watching YouTube videos on how to hack it, I was just nervous as hell. Anyway, I hacked it back then, got away from it for a long period, and started over completely in March of 2023. And by "starting over" I mean an entirely clean system. Miraculously, the whole hacking commuity was different, and so was the most favorable hack, a wide stretch away from mine (h-encore), which is replaced by the HenKaku/Henlo/Enso hack.

So that's what I'd do if I were you, START OVER, FRESH, WITH A TOTALLY BLANK SLATE with your precious PS Vita.

I cant decide that for you, however it would be optimal. All of the various things that the new hack (vita.hacks.guide) bring are completely up to date. I've never had any issues with my PS Vita since I hacked it (well, there were two things, but they worked out with no help from anyone (nothing that anyone could help me with) as I resolved these issues on my own). It's a great place to start, and takes care of any of your immediate needs from the Vita once you've hacked it. There are 3 things to do that will bring you up to speed in the modding community with a freshly popped Vita...

1) Start over by removing your current hack.

2) Restore/Reset your PS VIta to factory settings (making your Vita brand new).

3) Install the latest and greatest hack using this video, which is derived entirely from the vita.hacks.guide.

This hack takes about 20 minutes to execute. However, please make sure that your PS VITA does NOT GO INTO SLEEP MODE DURING THE HACK. This can be achieved on your Vita by going to Settings > Power Save Settings (down at the very bottom) and make sure "Stand By Mode" is set for 30 mins. You'll be fine!

Finally, if you decide to hack your Vita using this method, I suggest watching this video more than once BEFORE you hack your Vita. This will create a familiar mind-set that willl help you be comfortable with the hack. The last thing you need is to be completely unfamiliar with the hack, and you screw up in the middle of it for any reason at all. This video is 21 mins long and is definitely worth every second of your time.

Finally, let us know how it goes!!!

Cheers,

- Dizzy
2beer_cheer.gif

Last edited by The_Dizzy_Vizzy,
Reactions: ohtmeel

ohtmeel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE DONE IT! Thank you so much dude! Doing research of my own, I felt like I found solutions to problems similar to mine but instead left me even more confused. As I didn’t want to risk bricking or making matters even worse, I decided I needed to ask for help from the professionals. I made sure to follow the guide closely and as a result, I got everything to run just like I wanted it to. The whole process was cheesecake!

Thank you

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto