ROM Hack Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary translation

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Okay, here's to update you guys on the situation. I have obtained the latest version of Puyo Puyo 15th Anniversary. For those who don't know, this new revision, in addition to being sold at a reduced price, it is advertised as having fixed a bug in the Wi-Fi mode.

After dumping the ROM and sending it to Hernan to check it out, he found that there are more additions to this ROM than this bug fix. There are additional graphics and scripts added for a new mini game called "Puyo Sniper". The flash version of this game can be played on Sega's Puyo official site. The problem is, no one seems to be quite sure how to unlock it. It is confirmed to actually be playable, as some Japanese guy has unlocked it using an unspecified cheat, but for now we have no idea how to unlock it legitimately. We are working on unlocking this mode then translating the new files.

Another thing worth mentioning is that it appears the save file for the old version is not compatible with this new version. Don't worry about it though, if you can't be bothered to unlock everything again the "unlock everything" cheat still works. The cheat doesn't unlock Puyo Sniper though, which is slightly annoying.

QUOTE said:
The link to version 1.1 patch had been removed?

The forum recently died and moved server, so I guess the link must have broken. The link to where to download the latest patch is here. Go ahead and use it until the new one is released; it's fully playable.

http://www.puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=386

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Probably not a lot considering the response this topic gets. XD The most exciting thing about this new patch is Puyo Sniper and we don't even know how to bloody unlock it.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
mixinluv2u said:
is there a changelog for 866 v1.0 as compared to v1.1b?
It's hardly worth a change log. There were a few mistakes and misspellings in the translation fixed and we translated a sign we forgot to translate in 1.0.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Namiki said:
I tried the patch, but when I played it the screen froze on me :/ any solution on fixing this?
Are you patching with the right patch for the right rom? Use the patch for 0866 if you have dump 0866 or use the patch for 0766 if you have dump 0766. If that's not the problem, get a fresh clean rom and try patching again.

If you are using the Acekard2i, refer to this.

http://www.puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=990

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=990

few, don't know if i have Acekard2i or not, but it seems to work now, just hold the A button while its loading through screens.

and thanks for the translation patch!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo