Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Download
The translation patch is finished!
The patch is considered complete, though there may be a few elements untranslated. (see faq below)
Download v1.1b here:
http://www.puyonexus.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=386

Alternate link (v1.0):
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2722

Any issues and suggestions should be reported here or at the Puyo Nexus forum (preferably at Puyo Nexus, I'll notice sooner)

FAQ
Is it done? What's translated?
Yes, the patch is done.
Everything is translated! Except:
-Download play (people without the game cartridge, who use download play won't see any English)
-Ranking next to your name in Wifi Puyo Puyo

What's the deal with the 3 versions of PP15?
There are 3 versions of Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary:
-v1.0: "0766 - Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary": contains a save bug. You can only save 255 times.
-v1.1: "0866 - Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary": fixes the above mentioned bug.
-v1.2: ???(not out yet): fixes a bug in Wifi mode - only the person who disconnects will lose points instead of both players.

I have version xx, do I need to download the rom again?
No, there are different versions of patches. Each for every version of the game. Download the patch for the version you have on your computer and that patch will update your rom to the latest version.

Is there going to be a new patch? And when?
Yes, when v1.2 of PP15 comes out a new patch will be made.

How do I patch?
Place the rom in the same folder as the patch. Open "Patch!.bat" and the translated rom will appear in the folder. If you get some kind of error message, make sure you have the correct rom!

Screenshots
newTitle.png
screenshot20zi5.jpg
opening2.png

Records.png
arlschez.png
screenshot35gk4.jpg

editrules.png
ready.png
Lessons.png

Project Members
Hernan (romhacking)
Momochi (translation)
Chrono_Tata (image editing)
Baby Bonnie Hood (text editing)

Visit us at http://www.puyonexus.net/

Reactions: hippy dave

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heh my first thought was "Eh, why does this need translating?" Then I realised it wasn't in English.. but that shows how easy it is to play without knowing Japanese.

That being said, I think this is one of the best games on the DS and is one that never leaves my R4, hopefully this will introduce more Western players to this game (so I can actually beat someone on wifi
tongue.gif
)

Anyway, good luck from me!

nicklessguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is really awesome, this game rocks. Its fated to be stuck for all eternity in my card
smile.gif

If you ever think you need any help editing images for faster translation, count on me! Just get me some of the images, and the font file you are using and i will gladly help. I just want to see this project reaching 100% completion too much.

Sable

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shenjiade.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
OH MY GOD. I was waiting for a translation for this game!

This is by far the BEST Puyo game on the DS. And its frigging hard to understand when everything is Japanese. I heard a newer Puyo is coming to the DS?

Good luck! I cant wait for this to be finished!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
HernanZh, do you need any help with this project? Have you considered translating Puyo Puyo Fever 2?

I could not for the life of me figure out this game's text format.

I am greatly looking forward to this.

HernanZh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sable said:
I heard a newer Puyo is coming to the DS?
It's not a new Puyo game, but a new version of PP15 with a special price and a bug fixed. The bug is where players on wifi lose points when disconnected, even if it's the opponent who was the one that disconnected. I expect we'll be done before that version comes out, but it probably won't be hard to make a patch for the new version.

QUOTE(Heran Bago @ Apr 13 2008, 08:19 AM) HernanZh, do you need any help with this project? Have you considered translating Puyo Puyo Fever 2?
Thanks, but currently I'm not looking for extra help.
I did take a look at Puyo Puyo Fever 2, and it has a custom compression called LZ00, making me really sad
frown.gif
. I have no experience working with compressions. Hell, I hardly have experience with romhacking, so I'm not translating PPF2.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't LZ00 common? Compression and text are my weaknesses but I've hacked some ROMs in my day.

I see you're not going for a literal translation and keepin' up with Fever's translation style. Cool.

Please keep us posted.

HernanZh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.heigames.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think you're confusing it with LZSS or LZ77. Luckily, PP15 for NDS does use this, while other versions of PP15 use LZ01. So that's a lucky break for us, since there are a lot of available tools for these compression schemes.

fhy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
HernanZh said:
Hey GBAtempers,

I just wanted to announce my NDS translation project of Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary. (This game.)
Project Members
Me (romhacking)
Momochi (translation)
Yoshi (image editing)
Chrono_Tata (image editing)
Baby Bonnie Hood (text editing)

Visit us at http://puyo.whitecosmos.net
big news! One of my favorite games, and it really desserve translation and a bigger coverage outside Japan. I wish your team the best success, BIG thanks to all of you!

ZenchiZennou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I wish you good luck with your project HernanZh!

Having played and enjoyed Minna de Puyo Puyo on GBA recently I wanted to play a newer version. I tried Puyo Pop Fever on DS, but it's with annoying English voices. I loved Minna de Puyo Puyo because of the cute voices and adorable story. Is there a way to change the settings? I tried looking around, but haven't found anything unfortunately. Is there a way to extract the audio as mentioned for some games in the release forum? It seems the GBA version of Puyo Puyo Fever has retained the Japanese voices. Is the game the same? The DS version from Atlus looks better though.

Any help is appreciated.

Also is there a good way to learn to make big chains. I have no real problem making a 3 or 4 link chain, but higher seems too difficult at the moment. I can make high chains using the "Nohoho Method". Any application or game version with a decent tutorial of some kind? Or maybe a good guide/website online with strategies? I've been looking online but haven't found any decent information thus far. I guess most is in Japanese...

And finally which versions of the game are must play material and do you recommend to play! Any system is okay.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
15th Anniversary (the one we're doing right now) has a tutorial which will teach you the stairs and sandwich methods and teach you about transitioning, but that's about it. You could play the Japanese as it's pretty self-explanatory, but if you wait a bit we'll have the translation patch out so you can see it in English.

15th Anniversary is available in loads of platforms, and it's the best Puyo version yet gameplay-wise. If you don't like Fever mode you can choose to play with the Puyo 2 rules, and there are loads of other rules to choose from. You can also choose what the Puyos look like which is nice.

Check out the Puyo Nexus forum (link in Hernan's first post), for some guides and stuff on chain patterns.

Oh, well. Now that I'm posting here how about some screenshots to keep you guys interested?

screenshot20zi5.jpg
screenshot19li9.jpg

ZenchiZennou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you for your post Chrono_Tata! And also thanks for pointing out that HernanZh posted a link to a very interesting forum!

And I'm looking forward to your translation patch!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: