pSNES: Switch Snes9x port

Here is pSNES, a snes9x port to multiple platforms.

screenshot_mini.png

Readme:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/psnes/README.MD

Source code:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/

Download:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• devkitPro and libnx people: fincs, WntrMute, yellows8, plutoo...
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yep, it's there!

@cpasjuste ,, our partner in the great scene, deserves not one beer ,,, but a thousand beers for the great support and dedication that he gives us whenever he can and gives us value and many hours of play ,, we must recognize him and acknowledge him with great beers because he deserves it and well ,, thanks for your hard and great work, my friend, I value it at least.:hrth::toot::grog::yay::grog::toot::hrth:yessss

Reactions: cpasjuste

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, finally, a new pSNES release: https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• pnes: update for latest pemu changes
  • pfbn: add nes console support
  • pfbn: update fbneo core to commit 89f2b6d
  • all: add "big_preview" skin
  • all: romlist: fix lower/upper cases sorting
  • all: romlist: don't filter on file extension, show any files in roms folder
  • all: load previews from default folders even if the game do not exist in database ("media/mixrbv2/.png", "media/video/.mp4")
  • all: add "no preview" image when no preview found
  • all: add a few effects to preview images/videos
  • all: further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Titi11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks @cpasjuste, However, I'm encountering problems in version 4.4 of Vita from Psnes, the moment I'm in the game selection, the cover art disappears, and when I enter the game, there is an error, which closes the emulator, then when I enter the emulator , the games work and the covers appear, you know what it could be?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Thanks @cpasjuste, However, I'm encountering problems in version 4.4 of Vita from Psnes, the moment I'm in the game selection, the cover art disappears, and when I enter the game, there is an error, which closes the emulator, then when I enter the emulator , the games work and the covers appear, you know what it could be?

yeah Vita updates have been poorly done,first pfba 4.4 was broken then he fixed it (thanks) now cover art is disappearing & only way to get them back is by restarting pfba but while scrolling the list of games cover art will disappear again & NES run @ 20fps with choppy sound!! it's clear @cpasjuste prefers the Switch console

Reactions: Titi11

Taktek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very nice indeed !

My only issue is that game audio runs about 250ms behind video. I am on Switch, version 4.4 on AMS 0.12.0

Does anyone share the same issue?

Last edited by Taktek,

Titi11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah Vita updates have been poorly done,first pfba 4.4 was broken then he fixed it (thanks) now cover art is disappearing & only way to get them back is by restarting pfba but while scrolling the list of games cover art will disappear again & NES run @ 20fps with choppy sound!! it's clear @cpasjuste prefers the Switch console
Unfortunately, he doesn't want to work at Vita anymore, but because the service is free, what we can do is wait for him to change his mind, because I have people who admire his work as well as I do, because I have Vita and I like these emulators @cpasjuste

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

[QUOTE = "Fugelmir, post: 9056919, membro: 385440"] Não é possível fazer o PSNES vita funcionar. Apenas uma tela branca no lançamento. [/ QUOTE]
Until he fixes it, I suggest it stay in version 4.3, because I didn't see any differences in the update

Last edited by Titi11,
Reactions: satel and Fugelmir

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is so weird. I can only add roms that are on his list. I could append his list but I'm not going to do that. Roms I've added aren't recognized.

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@cpasjuste
Update: The "as used before" covers work, great.
My mistake: I tried it with "media/mixrbv2/" instead of "roms/media/mixrbv2/". :blush:
So all fine - thanks a lot for listening to fanbase suggestions. :toot:

Btw:
1.) Why has the great possibility to switch between preview and title with L/R disappeared?
2.) Slowly fade in and out the covers looks nice. But I prefer to see them without fading,
so you can scroll through the list very fast and see the covers nevertheless ;)
Could you make it optional please. :D

Last edited by 18Phoenix,
Reactions: Lineacero

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@cpasjuste
Update: The "as used before" covers work, great.
My mistake: I tried it with "media/mixrbv2/" instead of "roms/media/mixrbv2/". :blush:
So all fine - thanks a lot for listening to fanbase suggestions. :toot:

Btw:
1.) Why has the great possibility to switch between preview and title with L/R disappeared?
2.) Slowly fade in and out the covers looks nice. But I prefer to see them without fading,
so you can scroll through the list very fast and see the covers nevertheless ;)
Could you make it optional please. :D

Hi @18Phoenix,
You was never able to see covers while scrolling! The preview is disabled when scrolling since first releases because it would slow down too much. I have lowered down the "timer" when i added the fade in/out, so it should show the preview at the same speed than before. But i'll find the time to add it as an option.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is so weird. I can only add roms that are on his list. I could append his list but I'm not going to do that. Roms I've added aren't recognized.
I just tested it again, to be sure, and any rom/zip i put in the roms directory are visible. Try setting the "SHOW" option to "AVAILABLE" in menu, it will only show available/found roms.

TAOKTC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested pSNES et pNES and they work perfectly but I haven't been able to activate cheats. I tested different possibilities and locations I think with the correct format but without success.
In the readme, cheats are supported so I would like to know if anyone has succeeded ? If yes, can you share a cht file that I can test.
Thanks

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tested pSNES et pNES and they work perfectly but I haven't been able to activate cheats. I tested different possibilities and locations I think with the correct format but without success.
In the readme, cheats are supported so I would like to know if anyone has succeeded ? If yes, can you share a cht file that I can test.
Thanks
Hi,

I'm not sure about pNES, but for pSNES it used to works. There's a working cht example in the readme: https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/psnes/README.MD
I didn't test cheats since a while thought, maybe I added a bug somewhere. I'll try to take a look when I'll find the time to.

Reactions: Titi11 and TAOKTC

Titi11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.