Problem getting National Pokedex Diamond

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by luck11, Feb 13, 2008.

Feb 13, 2008
  1. luck11
    OP

Newcomer luck11 Member

Canada
    Hi. My son as DS Simply, playing Diamond. He with his cheats ON, he has seen all 150 pokemon in Sinnoh park, and even beat the Elite Four. Problem is, when he goes back to the lab to see the Prof, he's not there and therefore can't get National pokedex to continue!!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Omoikane1979

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    According to Gamefaqs.com (which I checked to be extra sure): Complete your Sinnoh Pokedex by seeing all 150 Sinnoh region Pokemon, go to Prof. Rowan's lab and talk to him. Prof Oak will dash in and upgrade it.

3. luck11
    OP

Newcomer luck11 Member

Canada
    Thx.

As per my post, he had done that. He has seen all the pokemon, and beat the elite 4. And, he even gets the message to immediately to see Prof Rowan, but when he goes to the lab, he's not there, and prof Oak does not show up!!

Is possibly an issue with the ROM, and if so, will I lose anything by loading a new ROM onto the DS Simply?

4. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    It's probably caused by the cheats, they can really mess with your game sometimes, I had to restart Dawn of Sorrow because of them once.

5. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Has he tried disabling the cheats yet?

6. luck11
    OP

Newcomer luck11 Member

Canada
    Hello. Yes, he tried disabling all cheats and still no prof Rowan in the lab. The girl outside the lab still confirms that he has seen all Pokemon in Sinoh and that he should speak to the professor, who's AWAL. Any additional ideas would be appreciated.

Thx.

7. retiredjerk

Member retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

try finishing the game without cheats? Other than that it looks like you are SOL.

8. Kaos

Member Kaos Good show!

Australia
    You'll probably have to restart the game.

The cheats have screwed up the save to the point where you won't be able to get the National Pokedex.

9. luck11
    OP

Newcomer luck11 Member

Canada
    Thx. He's not very happy to say the least...not great news to receive, especially given its his b-day! Anyone have a saver file that is around that point that they would be willing to share? Or is there anywhere I could find one?

Frankly, I try to limit his time on this thing and if he has to start over, he's going to want to play it all the time just to get back to this point, especially given his friends just got their National Pokedex.

thx everyone.

10. Omoikane1979

Member Omoikane1979 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I have a save file, but it's for the Japanese version.
    If you need an English US savegame you could try Gamefaqs.com, they should have one.

11. Law

Member Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

United Kingdom
    Just out of curiousity, could you tell me what cheats he had on?

12. 2dere

Member 2dere GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    Why not use the pokesav. to edit the game saving enabling the national pokedex? That way he wouldn't have to worry about not seeing Prof. Oak.