Hacking Post your usrcheat.dat files here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Codes added to Zelda (U) and (E) version with acknowledgment to toenailed in the code folder AND the txt file for the button hacks.

grog.gif

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Codes added to Zelda (U) and (E) version with acknowledgment to toenailed in the code folder AND the txt file for the button hacks.

grog.gif
Great, thanks a lot for adding them! For people who want to give feedback to toenailed; the hack has a thread here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=61713&st=60

He can also be reached via his site I mentioned in my previous post. He seems to really appreciate (positive) feedback, so if you totally like his hack, give him a pat on the back
smile.gif
The hack wasn't a matter of finding some value and change that, but involved ASM code, much like some of Zeld's codes. Btw, it seems others worked on the hack as well (Namahanka, jajasilver).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the last dat I will be providing. I'm getting too many PM's and EM's and indirect references from code hackers who are angry that I'm putting their codes in the dat without giving them direct credit in every code. It's not good enough that I put their name in the txt file. It doesn't matter that the R4 team gave credit to NO ONE for the codes they had in their dat (which is the very base of this dat), so I'm done. I concede to the hackers requests that I've been, up to this point, ignoring.

Slurp it up while you can, the link will be removed Monday November 5th. There will be no more updates.

I didn't start maintaining this dat to cause trouble. I just considered it a fun way to give to the community, but if I'm pissing too many hackers off, then I will just stop to appease the talented hackers that make the codes. I don't want to get banned from the sites I rely on to get my codes. I don't want them to stop code hacking (or providing them publicly) just because of me and this dat. I've already been banned from DS-Coders for what they called "stealing codes" even though I've said time-and-time-again that I didn't make any of the codes in the dat.

It was never my intention to create animosity between me and the code hackers.

From now on, I'm just going to update the dat for myself and my real life personal friends.

I'm truly sorry to have to do this. I enjoyed adding codes to the dat. But I am tired of catching flak for it. Especially when I don't even use 99% of the codes that are in the dat. Actually, I only use the backlight codes.

It's time I concentrate on finding a real paying job, not doing volunteer work all day.

Please don't be mad, it's not the fault of anyone here. The last round of PM's/EM's from the code hackers were the final straw, not the GBAtemp community (which I consider my cyber-family). I'm not going to say who the hackers were that complained. I don't want to be the one that causes them to get hollered at by the community.

It's time I respected their wishes. No more updates. Sorry.

Of course, if someone else wants to take over where I left off. I can't stop them from doing so. But be prepared to receive the complaints of the hackers if you do. I'm getting to old to argue about it.

I also wish to apologize to all the hackers who think I was stealing their codes. That was never my intent.

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi Rayder,

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Please keep updating the dat file as my son loves it and appreciates it very much.
As for the hackers bad luck.
I know they might work hard but so do you.
Thanks for all the updates so far.

Cheers Shane

leviNELS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That really sucks Rayder, but I wish you all the best. Thanks for all the updates.

On a side note, what does "Trainer Toolkit Enabler" code do?

Thank you, Levi

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hmmm. I may be able to find away around this. Since Rayder can't really do it now due to understand able reasons. First off, compiling a website for codes from the code makers. (Mostly all from Koderwerx and Codejunkies, so it shouldn't be too hard)
Changes such as a new topic, (NO ONE DO THIS JUST YET). And disclaimer that is large enough read. Along the lines of:
QUOTE said:
The R4DS Cheat.dat compilation is a file that contains codes for games for use on the R4DS. In saying so, this does not mean no credit is given to those that spent their time creating this codes. We thank those that have created them most notably (If we forgot you, please PM us) Please forgive us for not putting credit for each individual code, as it has grown over time and many of which were put in without a creditor name. If you would like for us to put a code for individual games, feel free to PM us.

"Us" in just speaking, since it's just a outline of sorts.

@leviNELS: It's to enable the use of the Datel Trainer Tool Kit that allows people to hack their own codes.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys, I just received Rayder's PM, so from this moment on, I will be maintaining the CHEAT.dat

There will be new guidelines for the new Cheat.dat:
-All submitted codes must be sourced AND credited.
-All codes that there is no source will not be added or removed from the dat.
-If a coder/hacker wishes his code to not be in the CHEAT.dat. Then I will remove all traces of their codes.

As a precaution, I'm looking for a secondary volunteer to help me source the current codes and ask permission for their codes to be placed in the CHEAT.dat

Thank you, and don't expect an update within the week. I will be spending most of my available time crediting the current codes.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Pretty why I've been putting the credits for codes every time I post them.
Also, when you mean "securing" do you mean asking the creator for permission via PM, IM, Email, etc?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty why I've been putting the credits for codes every time I post them.
Also, when you mean "securing" do you mean asking the creator for permission via PM, IM, Email, etc?

Yes, I want permission from all the coders. Regardless to whether they want to or not and their guidelines in that regard.

I'm prepared to make individual folders with the coder's name if needed.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems pretty standard, seeing as I know a few of the hackers already.
Do you have a list of people you want to start with?

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is not a help topic but...

It's cause you're using the wrong editor. The cheat.dat is encrypted.

Twiffles: I want the Kodewerx coder's permission. Specifically, Hiei-YYH, gardevor, etc. Most of the codes we have are from them.

I'm also prepared to offer them online storage/hosting as well.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, some of Hiei-YYH's codes don't work when using them on an R4.

I spoke to him about it, and he said he will probably update them at one point in the future. I think with that said, he would probably give permission for his codes listed in the .dat, as he really seems like a nice guy.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I see. I've spent reasonable amount of time of Kodewerx, so I'll ask around.

EDIT: Already sent a PM to kenobi, Hiei, and gardevor.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
This sucks! I'm sorry you went through that, Rayder. :\ At least I'm glad that someone will take over in his place, though it will not be the same without you Rayder. You're so dedicated and updated it pretty much every day, never complained, always did it all for us... Bah, this is so sad D: Stupid hackers. They need to GROW UP.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's sort of stupid, but I understand how the coder's feel too. Personally, if I didn't want my work to be added to an online database of cheat codes, I wouldn't have put it on the oh so public internet.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So far I have PM'd: kenobi, Hiei, and gardevor. Thinking about DualScreenMan, since I'm not entirely sure he would just let us. >_>

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This sucks! I'm sorry you went through that, Rayder. :\ At least I'm glad that someone will take over in his place, though it will not be the same without you Rayder. You're so dedicated and updated it pretty much every day, never complained, always did it all for us... Bah, this is so sad D: Stupid hackers. They need to GROW UP.

YOU should grow up. A lot of people who work hard on things don't want their hard work to be taken and not be credited.
Of course, I disagree that Rayder should stop updating the cheat file. But the hackers who made those cheats have rights too. They should be credited, if they wish you to do so. Taking someone's work without crediting them and expecting them to send you thank you letters and flowers is such an immature way to think.

I didn't realize you were treated so badly just for compiling those codes though, Rayder. You were great and you updated it often, this thread will miss your hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah but I'd tie him up in the females bathroom