Hacking Post your usrcheat.dat files here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NESticle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created this thread for people to come and get updated usrcheat.dat files. In case you don't know, a cheat function was added as of firmware 1.08. usrcheat.dat files are custom cheat files that the r4 can read.

Please, if you've updated your usrcheat.dat file, upload it on a file hosting site and post it here. Make sure to post what has been updated.

I'll Start!

http://rapidshare.com/files/26246097/usrcheat.dat.html

This file contains all of the updated codejunkies AR Codes (same as default cheat.dat file) but with codes for Custom Robo, and updated MKDS codes such as online extra courses. Make sure to replace your default cheat.dat file with a blank one.

Reactions: Frukferrie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wouldn't it be better to post xml's rather than whole new usrhceat files? that way everyone can import them into their own database. People can also leave out games they have no interest in too.

If the Cheat code manager allowed you to export to xml as well as import from them that would allow us to get just the games we want out of someones .dat file, but atm whole .dats are a little useless.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can import the persons whole database and delete the entrys you want, just use the open command and it appends it to what ever database is currently loaded.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you can import the persons whole database and delete the entrys you want, just use the open command and it appends it to what ever database is currently loaded.

fair enough, but it would be a massive ballache to delete 300 games just because you wanted to add one or two.

Using a base database of all eur/jap/usa (or just individual ones) such as bfoos's would probably be best. that way if people wanted to add to it all they would have to do is post a xml file, and anyone that wants that game could import it easily.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
true, but i dont like having codes for games i dont use, i wouldnt need all the US/EU/JP games.
but the biggest problem, with importing xmls that i get xml errors

Neurotica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I must thank all of the above for posting their usrcheat.dat files! I've got little time (work work work, urgh) for importing (xml) cheats into different programs so it's real handy to just have a complete usrcheat.dat available!
smile.gif
Maybe a monthly update with all cheats including the most recent cheats for new games would be a possibility? If someone would take on such a task, alot of people would be eternally gratefull
yaynds.gif

S

spectral

how is it you use these? rename them and replace the official cheat file?

Neurotica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, just copy the usrcheat.dat file to the _system map, alongsinde the cheats.dat file. I've read that it could conflict together (double cheats) so a blank (0 kb) cheats.dat file is required, if you're only gonna use the cheats from the usrcheat.dat file.
smile.gif

PS. sorry for any bad English, it's kinda late over here, and it's whisky time
shy.gif

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
true, but i dont like having codes for games i dont use, i wouldnt need all the US/EU/JP games.
but the biggest problem, with importing xmls that i get xml errors

I like having codes for all games on there - that way if I ever put a game on I won't need to go looking for new codes, I know they'll already be waiting (at least until the file reaches 3mbyte (I think thats the max size??) then I'll have to cut games I'll never play from the list).

If people made valid xml files then you wouldn't get xml errors, and if people were posting them here they would/should be R4 compliant - everyone wins..

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If people made valid xml files then you wouldn't get xml errors, and if people were posting them here they would/should be R4 compliant - everyone wins..

yeah i know, but i find it funny that the AR software wont correct it or find an error in it when you add it to the subscriptions, i have even looked over the ones that have errors and cant seem to find the error, even ran it threw a xml validator and it says its fine. maybe the code editor is just picky lol

Veurruckte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

yeah i know, but i find it funny that the AR software wont correct it or find an error in it when you add it to the subscriptions, i have even looked over the ones that have errors and cant seem to find the error, even ran it threw a xml validator and it says its fine. maybe the code editor is just picky lol
I think it's because people add notes to the files. If anyone knows of any quick ways to remove all the * from an XML file, it would be greatly appreciated.

If only I knew shell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-