Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You fail to understand what I'm saying. It's already possible to retrieve save data for a GBA VC title on the 3DS. There's tools that exist to do this on the 3DS as it is. It's also already possible to inject whatever GBA games into GBA VC title CIAs on 3DS, just not on the 3DS itself yet because nobody has yet made an app to do it, just on Windows.

The process for this idea is as follows: App takes a GBA ROM, unpacks and injects it into a GBA VC title CIA (one on your SD card, so it wouldn't be fucking with the SysNand during this process), installs it then launches it just like if you had launched a GBA VC title. (Heck, if automatically launching it after isn't possible, just prompt them to click on the title on the home screen). You play just like you always would, when you're done playing, you close the game/restart the 3DS. After, you re-launch the app, it grabs the save data, and copies it to a file, named after the last ROM you loaded.

There's already something that exists that works in a very similar roundabout way, but for the NDS. (GBA Exploader runs in NDS mode from your Slot1 card (r4, DSTT, etc), and works by uploading a ROM to a special slot2 card, then launches in GBA mode, and when you're done playing, you reboot the NDS, and run GBA Exploader again, it grabs the SRAM from the slot2 card, and saves it back to a file on your Slot1 flashcart's SD named after the ROM you had picked before.)
YOU fail to understand what I'm trying to explain to you. You CAN'T access the SysNAND Virtual (at least not 100% safely) once the OS has loaded, meaning you can't to anything to the AGB_FIRM or the saves from it unless it's BEFORE the OS loads (eg: GM9), making your entire homebrew idea literally impossible to implement safely the way you said. You also need to understand that the NDS actually loaded .gba files just fine, whereas installed titles via injection on the 3DS have different format (as they are actually installed and not just loaded), so the MOST you can do is a converter and that's all, but doing it on a 3DS would be too complicated for just anyone to implement. As for the whole save "management" you are expecting, again, it's impossible unless the app loads BEFORE the OS via the chainloader. To sum up, you can't have only one app doing this, you need one to convert/inject (and most likely injection is gonna be permanent deleting the old GBA game making it worse than CIAs) that loads like a normal homebrew and another that loads via chainloader to manage the saves. HOWEVER, loading through chainloader will make it impossible to tell what the last game that was played was, thus impossible to name the save after it or know when to restore it.

D

Deleted User

A timebomb bypass of some sort for nds flash cards that run on the 3ds,if this hasnt been sudjested yet.

Last edited by ,

Delipunch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to bump my old requests of OpenTTD (SDL, has DS port) and Ur-Quan Masters (SDL, 2 other people request with me), now that there is a SDL port available. I would do UQM myself, but it seems to be out of my skill level for now.

bunnyzombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone suggested this or made it happen but it be really cool to have a feature where you can link up the 3DS to a GBA to play multiplayer.

bunnyzombie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to be banned by using the freeshop on a 3DS?
I havn't heard any stories of anyone getting banned, but it could be possible. Just to be safe, make sure you turn off SpotPass off in the settings and turn off "Show friends what your playing" setting in your friends list.

Reactions: Jukrae

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I havn't heard any stories of anyone getting banned, but it could be possible. Just to be safe, make sure you turn off SpotPass off in the settings and turn off "Show friends what your playing" setting in your friends list.
That is ancient information that has been proven false since long ago. Nintendo can still see what you are doing perfectly fine. The Spotpass sharing simply prevents Nintendo from receiving IN-GAME information, not game-specific information and the "Show friends what you are playing" is ONLY for friends, NOT for Nintendo. If you play using CDN CIA installs, then Nintendo can't tell them apart from normal games. However, playing installed versions of cartridge dumps can be detected. Also, Nintendo receives information about the last title that was loaded (if you don't have one active) or active one, but just that. So using homebrew CIAs for example is safe and undetectable (for the most part) if you simply load another game/app that's legit before connecting online.

xRudeAwakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request that I'm hoping isn't against the rules, but is there any way someone here could take a GBC rom of mine to throw together a quick VC inject for me? It doesn't need to have a fancy banner or anything.

I only ask because I don't have access to a PC and normally I would just use one of the GBC emulators for the 3DS but AFAIK, I can only use the CTRPF plugin on VC injects and not emulators. Thanks and please let me know if this is not allowed!

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If someone could make like a version of bejeweled or candy crush for 3ds that'd be amazing. It doesn't have to work online

While it isn't strictly speaking for the 3DS, nor is it homebrew, you can get Bejeweled 3 for the DS which will play fine on the 3DS. And unless they've removed it since I checked last, you should be able to purchase it from the DSiWare category in the eShop.

Reactions: rassular

rassular

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty sure this doesn't exist, but it would be cool if a game like stacker was made for 3ds homebrew. Just like maybe an adventure mode, endless and maybe settings to adjust speed or something.

ChronicHedgehog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure it's been requested before, but are there any plans to incorporate CRT-Redshift (color temperature/brightness utility) directly into Luma itself? It'd be great to be able to set the color temperature permanently, and being able to set it for Start and Select utilities. For some of us blue light from screens causes physical discomfort!

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm sure it's been requested before, but are there any plans to incorporate CRT-Redshift (color temperature/brightness utility) directly into Luma itself? It'd be great to be able to set the color temperature permanently, and being able to set it for Start and Select utilities. For some of us blue light from screens causes physical discomfort!
I doubt there are plans for it or that it would be worth implementing. It could end up making Luma larger and heavier to run, even if only by a tiny bit, enough though to prevent other functions from being implemented and it would only be for a very small part of the userbase. If there's no risk of such a thing though, I guess it could be implemented, haven't looked how that one works in depth honestly, but assuming it does it through power management of the screen, there's the chance of what I said to happen.

D

Deleted User

One homebrew app I'd like to see is Windows 3/3.1 working on the 3DS. It'd be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol