Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Purplstuph

Quake Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A port of the game Ion Maiden could be nice.
The devs of 3D realms used the same engine from Duke Nukem for that game so it may be possible to do a port.
header.jpg

JacobNeedsHelp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would it possible to port sonic.exe onto the 3ds? This is a genuine question and I know its stupid, I just wanted to know if there was a possibility.

alonzondavis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There should be a proper Sonic homebrew game for the 3DS since Mania never got a release on the 3DS, plus the current 3DS games are shit (except for Generations) As much as I love replaying the mega drive games and the various mods on sonic retro, with the emu on 3ds now, it would nice to have something new as well, like those older games. Id help if theres anything I can do (not programming wise, i have no knowledge in that) with like art, music, sound effects etc. stuff like that. I dont mind if it not 3D, I have a new 2ds anyway.

Last edited by alonzondavis,
D

Deleted User

The 3DS Camera app is absolute garbage. I would love to see a proper video player or file browser with image viewer and video player support. A successor to MoonShell 2 basically.

Reactions: I pwned U!

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We need a community TikShop fork.
I have the cia file and it still works on the current b9s/luma/firmware.
TikShop is too useful for it to just go away because the creator probably got some threatening letters.

hoodhippo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.sciencedaily.com
XP
Country
United States
im new to homebrew apps et, so excuse me if its already a thing, but id love to see a youtube app, or atleast a better internet browser for the 3ds, if it is a thing, can someone let me know the names so i can download them?

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
im new to homebrew apps et, so excuse me if its already a thing, but id love to see a youtube app, or atleast a better internet browser for the 3ds, if it is a thing, can someone let me know the names so i can download them?
If you want Youtube, why not just get the official Youtube app from the eshop? As for better internet browser, there hasn't been anything as far as I know...

bluhacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Space Cadet Pinball clone on 3DS anyone? I'll love to hear those nostalgic sounds again and play it on a portable system rather than being on a PC.

MegaMemeMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would have like to see a good mp3/flac player which can scrobble music to last.fm and a GBA emulator would be pretty cool too so I don't have to buy a flashcard for my SP.
maybe an alternate nintendo video server so people can connect to it and download new videos to their systems.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off,
Space Cadet Pinball clone on 3DS anyone? I'll love to hear those nostalgic sounds again and play it on a portable system rather than being on a PC.

YES.

Second off,
I had an idea about a game that is literally a fully customizable Space Invaders style shoot-em'-up. I'm planning for it to be my first homebrew app for any system ever.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think we need an FBI titleDB specifically devoted to cias for games, because FreeShop is going down.
No we don't, because that would make FBI a piracy tool, meaning not able to be on here. FreeShop was "intended" to be for games you OWN, not for piracy, even if 99% of the people if not more did it for piracy. CIA repositories are all over the place, just use google and you will find a dozen easily, no need for such things, especially alterations to something as core as FBI.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No we don't, because that would make FBI a piracy tool, meaning not able to be on here. FreeShop was "intended" to be for games you OWN, not for piracy, even if 99% of the people if not more did it for piracy. CIA repositories are all over the place, just use google and you will find a dozen easily, no need for such things, especially alterations to something as core as FBI.
Okay. I thought it would be a violation of piracy or something like that, but thanks for clarifying.

honwei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a suggestion exactly, but I'm curious what exists in the way of virtual console mods. Is it possible to do any of the following?

* Disable the touch screen entirely, or replace it with something cuter.
* Remap certain buttons (e.g. select & start -> L & R).
* Disable auto-save on quit. I want the game to boot fresh on every start.

Maybe there's an emulator with these features already?

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Not a suggestion exactly, but I'm curious what exists in the way of virtual console mods. Is it possible to do any of the following?

* Disable the touch screen entirely, or replace it with something cuter.
* Remap certain buttons (e.g. select & start -> L & R).
* Disable auto-save on quit. I want the game to boot fresh on every start.

Maybe there's an emulator with these features already?
All those are possible and even in TWL/AGB modes, but there's really no point really. Personally, I like that the game resumes from where you left off without having to go through all the logos and intros all over...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...