Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Again, for NDS (and likely DSi too) firmware, you turn it into a forwarder and launch it. Doesn't work via TWLoader though from what I've read, only forwarders. But again, for DSi firmware, you may not be able to launch DSiWare you got installed and definitely won't be able to launch NDS games that you don't have as a cartridge. MAY be possible to run DSi homebrews though...:unsure:

2. Cristagally

Cristagally Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2018
    France
    Simple one: can we do a hard reset/factory reset on a 3DS?

3. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    The one from settings is basically that you know... Resets everything to how the console was before you first used it, but if you mean removing even B9S and everything, then GodMode9 has scripts that do that already. You can't really make a homebrew that does it like that unless you make it similarly to GM9 (meaning launching before the console actually loads the OS), but programming something that modifies the NAND is kinda tricky...

4. Cristagally

Cristagally Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2018
    France
    Ok, thanks for your answer. So basically, we can remove evrything, via Godmode9 scripts.

5. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Yup, plus you can always just restore a NAND backup of before you installed CFW if you want to do it even faster and without bothering with scripts:P

6. Kartik

Kartik Gbatemp advanced fan

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
    I would like to point that it's not impossible, can be done using patches

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

How would you even listen to the music while your 3ds is closed? Even if it's done, it would be almost inaudible

7. Bedel

Bedel The key of the blade

Oct 28, 2015
    He may mean with headphones. The music app does this, but not in background.

MK73DS likes this.
  8. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    With headphones. That way, I can play in the train and just close the console to listen to music while walking, and then resume my game when I wait for the bus.
    Currently I switch between my phone and my 3DS, it is not really an issue but it would be nice if I can use exclusively my 3DS for that ^^

9. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Relevant, not too much though, but to be honest, a homebrew that can mute the sound of games and instead play music from your SD card would be pretty interesting to see, the PSP had one that did that, was great for making games with boring music much more enjoyable!

I pwned U! likes this.
  10. Kartik

Kartik Gbatemp advanced fan

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
    Pretty sure ctrmus does that for you :) https://github.com/deltabeard/ctrmus/releases
    nvmd

Last edited by Kartik, Mar 24, 2018
  11. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Homebrew idea: use 3DS as a hotspot to host PS4/WiiU hack files.

...probably been done?

I pwned U! likes this.
  12. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
  13. Cristagally

Cristagally Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2018
    France
    Clever. So, If i'm doing a NAND restore, basically it's like a brand new 3DS without being raped with CFW files?

14. BadWrongFun

BadWrongFun Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2017
    United States
    Kinda mentioned this in another thread, but I figure it'd be better to post it here since this is the biggest thread on requests...

I'd really like to see a 3DS homebrew client app for accessing the Mastodon social media network, much like the many mobile and desktop clients. Because Mastodon is open source, I believe such a thing might be easier than some other similar projects like the Discord apps? Perhaps it might only require another client to be ported rather than making one specifically for 3DS? But the reason I ask is because the default 3DS browser can't load mastodon.social or any of the other Mastodon instances like Pawoo.net, Witches.town, anticapitalist.party, etc. past the log in screen. I apologize if I'm underestimating how difficult this would be.

15. MaK11-12

MaK11-12 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2009
    Namek
    Hi! ctrmus dev here. ctrmus can't do that unfortunately. It must be the only application running.

16. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    That's okay, thank you for your answer :D

17. YoshiOG1

YoshiOG1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    United States
    You know what would be cool but probably take quite a bit of work?
    A texture replacement loader for Gen 7 Pokemon games!
    Even though we have tools like Ohana3DS, SPICA, and PK3DS, I just think it's a lot of hassle to load custom textures with Luma's LayeredFS. It's really tedious when I have to decompress the GARC, modify the texture with Ohana's BCH texture replacer, and recompress the GARC for use with LayeredFS, all just to load a custom texture. It would be handy if someone made a patch for the game that loads BCH files from the SD card instead of having to replace the entire GARC (~ 1.2GB).

TL;DR: I want an easier way to load custom textures in Pokemon SM/USUM.
    To any developers who consider making this possible: I applaud you and thank you for taking on this challenge (or whatever you wanna call it)

18. tomjfmu3

tomjfmu3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2018
    United States
    Can someone create a port for Nazi Zombies Portable?

19. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Streetpass Checking App

20. Cat15368

Cat15368 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can you make a Smilebasic to .CIA
    Where you can take a smilebasic file and turn it into a homemenu app.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice