Pop-up that pop-up for no reason.

elfgirl_45

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could be from anything you recently installed... I know I had BearShare for a while and it did that, so I just uninstalled it and the ad crap to go with it. Might wanna think back if you've installed anything like this or anything shady lately.

GoodKupo

It Was Me!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, i didnt install anything lately.Also im smart enough you know if a program contain spyway.It ussaly said on it site or if it said in the "Custon Install" option.I also clean my cookies at a daily basic.

norberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
try spysweeper. it could help. im pretty sure you have installed something like elfgirl_45 said. with the kind of spelling and grammer you have I doubt your "SMART ENOUGH"
cool.gif

killer bunny

Trophies
XP
Country
The best way to not getting vira or spyware is to use another browser then IE. 95% of the shit that floats aroun out on the interweb is taking advantage of the flaws in IE.

fireworkz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.
I used to use Adaware but recently switched to Pest Patrol This works wonders. But beware what you delete. Keep it on Quarantine for a while, else you screw up your Registry / Windows.
Take Care,
Fireworkz
ph34r.gif

deduce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem awhile ago.

If you're getting pop ups when your browser is closed then it isn't related to you internet browser but to your Windows OS, your internet connection, and some program that's open (such as Kazaa). I'm just assuming right now that you have Windows XP because that's were I had my problem. The pop up stems from a program built into Windows XP that is turned on by default when Windows XP is first installed. As long as you're connected online you will keep getting these "pop ups". In order to get rid of these pop ups you'll need to turn off the Messenger Services (not to be confused with MSN Messenger
tongue.gif
). There are details about how to turn the service off and also some more information about what turning Messenger Services off does: http://www.opentechsupport.net/forums/arch...ic/11211-1.html
I think these pop ups only come out when you're running a program that is sending them out. I think Kazaa use to do this at one point that is why I keep refering to it. I'm sure other programs are using this pop up method so you may need to do some deducing work of your own to find the source program.
ph34r.gif

I hope this helps in getting rid of the pop ups.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1