"Ad Blockers Are Not Allowed on YouTube" warning showing up now

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read about this months ago, but now it started popping up and after I close the pop up, the videos keep working just as fine so what's the point of it? Try to annoy people to not use adblockers?

yt.png

I've tried using solutions provided here: https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2023/05/15/bypass-ad-blockers-not-allowed-on-youtube/

Yet that still shows up regardless. Whatever the case, YT videos work ad-free and that's what matters.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read about this months ago, but now it started popping up and after I close the pop up, the videos keep working just as fine so what's the point of it? Try to annoy people to not use adblockers?

View attachment 397657

I've tried using solutions provided here: https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2023/05/15/bypass-ad-blockers-not-allowed-on-youtube/

Yet that still shows up regardless. Whatever the case, YT videos work ad-free and that's what matters.
Oh they've been doing this for over a year now. They must have updated it so your adblocker doesn't stop it anymore. No issues here on Ublock.

EnterpriseFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven't seen any of those pop-ups just yet. I'm using uBlock + Firefox on PC and Android.

To be honest I'd be happy to pay for Premium (especially since they started to roll out the 1080p Premium Bitrate options now) but Google only offers three methods of payment here of which all three aren't options I can't or don't want to use.

The first option is to use a Credit Card (could get one but don't want one), the second is to use Google Play Store gift cards which means going out of my way to regularly get new ones and the third one is PayPal which I can't use anymore because they closed down my account as having violated their TOS by alledgedly opening it up when I was underage which I couldn't have done because they actually wanted to see my ID when I opened up the account to prevent a minor from opening one up.

r I close the pop up, the videos keep working just as fine so what's the point of it? Try to annoy people to not use adblockers?

It's probably a mixture of trying to annoy people out of using blockers + maybe guilt-triping a very small amount of users + scaring very few people out of using blockers.

Reactions: Spring_Spring

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firefox plus Ublock Origin still working without issue.
uBlock Origin here, and never seen a single pop up with Youtube bitching at me.
I use uBlock with Firefox too, but I just started getting this popup as well within the past couple hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0