Gaming Poll: Are you happy with the quantity of upcoming Wii U games in 2015?

Are you happy with the quantity of upcoming Wii U games in 2015?

• Total voters

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games do people buy in a given year? Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Star Fox seems like a good haul to me. If SMT x FE still plans on coming out this year, all the better.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many games do people buy in a given year? Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Star Fox seems like a good haul to me. If SMT x FE still plans on coming out this year, all the better.
depends but more selection give more diversity and options depending on the games you like.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
That's assuming your average person is interested in buying all of these games. Quantity helps in having variety, even if there are multiple games from the same genre. E.g. I'm not sure Star Fox will be a huge seller. Same for Mario Maker. Splatoon could be Nintendo's wild card this year. Xenoblade X and Zelda are both RPG-ish and will likely rake in the majority of sales. That's not a varied plate, even if we include SMTxFE, which too will likely be RPG(-ish).

D

Deleted User

The games I'm interested in are

- Yoshi's Wooly world
- Star Fox
- Mario Maker
- Splatoon

I'm probably going to sound like a complete idiot saying this, but I will say it anyway. I don't think only four games is all that bad. Mario Maker will have online stage sharing so it will have a heap of replay value. It looks to me like Spatoon's online features will give it hours and hours of gameplay to those who enjoy it, think of how many hours people spend playing CoD. Star Fox and Yoshi's Wooly World won't last quite as long, but thats OK. Gaming is something best done in moderation and there's probably going to be a few good eShop titles as well.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games I'm interested in are

- Yoshi's Wooly world
- Star Fox
- Mario Maker
- Splatoon

I'm probably going to sound like a complete idiot saying this, but I will say it anyway. I don't think only four games is all that bad. Mario Maker will have online stage sharing so it will have a heap of replay value. It looks to me like Spatoon's online features will give it hours and hours of gameplay to those who enjoy it, think of how many hours people spend playing CoD. Star Fox and Yoshi's Wooly World won't last quite as long, but thats OK. Gaming is something best done in moderation and there's probably going to be a few good eShop titles as well.

Depends I agree to an extent as I got only 4 or 3 Wii u games last year and still play it more than my ps3 by far

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

In 2014 I bought Smash, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2: Special Edition, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Hyrule Warriors (but only because it was freakishly cheap).

I'm willing to pre-order Xenoblade, Zelda, Splatoon, Yoshi Wooly World, Kirby's Rainbow Curse (£25 max) and Star Fox given that they're the usual prices I agree with (£30-32).

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am legitimately excited for
yoshi's wooly world, starfox, and zelda
that's three games. and there are two others i am for sure getting but not exactly excited about
the only other game on any other console that i am excited for and for sure am getting is no man's sky.
i know it's not the same for everyone but for me the wii u is winning.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
i am legitimately excited for
yoshi's wooly world, starfox, and zelda
that's three games. and there are two others i am for sure getting but not exactly excited about
the only other game on any other console that i am excited for and for sure am getting is no man's sky.
i know it's not the same for everyone but for me the wii u is winning.

2015 is at last looking to be the year for PS4 to shine in the department of exclusive games which has been really lacking (main reason I've not bothered buying a PS4 yet).

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2015 is at last looking to be the year for PS4 to shine in the department of exclusive games which has been really lacking (main reason I've not bothered buying a PS4 yet).
are there other ps4 games that really look like must buys?
i admit i haven't really been looking for ps4 games.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's a damn shame that Nintendo decided to cheap out on giving us a sequel to Kirby's Adventure Wii and instead we're getting an eShop-type touchscreen Kirby game.

Not enough games and with nothing major announced from third parties... I'm worried

There's like what... Project C.A.R.S, probably some shitty games from Little Orbit and UbiSoft's yearly Just Dance series.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That looks super underwhelming. At present the only Wii U gaems that interest me are:

Devils Third
Kirby
FE x SMT (I will be amazed if this gets released this year)
Splatoon

Genuinely underwhelming, particularly at what the PS4 will be getting this year in terms of content.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I will purchase Splatoon, Mario Party 10, Star Fox, Xenoblade and Zelda. Interested in Project Giant Robot/Project Guard, Yoshi's Wooly World and Devil's third.

If they release Fire Emblem x SMT, then Nintendo's along with what was listed in OP, its an amazing year by my book. That Fire Emblem game properly marketed really has to drop. I'm excited for the SMT crossover but given the ridiculous success and quality of FEA, I don't know why a standalone FE game is not hitting the Wii U.

This year, Nintendo killed it exclusive wise but we will see what Sony and MS are made of this year. Also with FF15 and the rumoured KH3 maybe dropping late 2015... Nintendo really do need to pull something out of the bag.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It's possible that Splatoon could bomb hard while being a very interesting new IP of Nintendo (it'll probably go down as an underrated game) because due to being overshadowed by Xenoblade and Zelda.

I've not yet pre-ordered either of the two but when the time's right I will as I want to get them before or on launch day (also considering I'll sell some additional copies of what I have it'll be cheaper).

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's possible that Splatoon could bomb hard while being a very interesting new IP of Nintendo (it'll probably go down as an underrated game) because due to being overshadowed by Xenoblade and Zelda.
The problem that Splatoon will face is online. That is, Nintendo's trying hard to make it a multiplayer online shooter game that's fun with up to 8 players playing at the same time, so here's my question to you... Is Nintendo particularly known for stable and reliable multiplayer online games? Let's say Nintendo's servers are up to the task and latency is kept to a minimum, that only fixes one part of the problem. The other is that Nintendo needs more marketshare for anyone to even care to play a multiplayer online game on the Wii U. If the online experience is anything like it is in Smash Bros., which is to say mediocre, then Splatoon will fail. (That's almost a given since we know the single player campaign is an afterthought and the game is designed around the multiplayer experience.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1