• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't speak as to the others, but as a for instance ... that Rasmussen poll reached their conclusion of Biden +12 using a projection that only 76% of voting Republicans would vote for Trump. Maybe that number is correct, but it seems sketchy to me. Trump got 94% of Republican votes in the Primary.
I agree that 76% figure does seem lower than expected, but it was a fairly large 2,500 person survey with a margin of error of only +/- 2%. Thus, if you told me you thought the result was 2 points too high, I would not have a problem with that.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GS says: Trump never said to inject or ingest bleach.

Someone links to Snopes (LOL!) where the fact check is NOT against bleach but against DISINFECTANTS.

Someone needs to fact check snopes fact checks.

1st thing that does NOT support that claim. He NEVER said anything about bleach in reference to injecting anything. (or consuming for that matter)

The definition of a disinfectant is: a chemical liquid that destroys bacteria.

Using the term disinfectant does NOT indicate what disinfectant is being discussed in being used. Could it be a special medical disinfectant designed specifically for this purpose? That he is thinking could be possible? I have no idea, but the context he is talking in, is not cleaning your freaking house.

And 2nd. Trump NEVER said to inject it, he asked a question.

Funny how the actual transcripts I could find used a period instead of a question mark, but it clearly is a question. I will underline and put in bold the transcript.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

And if anyone is going to try and say this is obviously associated with what he said a minute or so earlier when he did reference BLEACH, it can't be. Because in that context he said bleach can kill the virus in 5 minutes. NOT 1 minute like he referred to in whatever disinfectant he had in mind at that time.

Here is that text:

We’re also testing disinfectants readily available. We’ve tested bleach, we’ve tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus, specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids. And I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes; isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds

But hey guys here is a snopes link that proves he said to inject bleach. Which happens to include some sarcastic tweets to in it about people saying, dude did the president just say to inject bleach? Real objective there.

The snopes article even leaves the question mark out of the sentence. LOL

What snopes lists:

And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.

What it should be listed as:

And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Last edited by crimpshrine,
Reactions: gregory-samba

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is saying inject disinfectant any better? If he was talking about something special/specific or his claim about being "sarcastic" is to be believed, again, it comes back down to him being unclear. Misled a lot of people.

He did not say to inject anything.

Can you tell me where he said to inject disinfectant?

He asked a question.

And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning?

Trump is obviously not a medical professional. It's like anything else people try to twist that comes out of Trump. I think another indicator of TDS. I never actually bothered looking into this before today, I figured like everything else it was bullshit. If the media pushes, it it likely is when it comes to Trump.

So in 5 minutes of looking at the snopes article and looking at the transcripts it is clear it is total BS. If you watch the video of him (which I did that also) it is clear he is asking a question coupled with his limited understanding of things. None of what he says is a statement, that it can be done. I think some of you are just crazy. Trump asking questions with his limited knowledge is just him asking potentially dumb questions. He never actually clarified what he meant by "disinfectant" we know it is not bleach, because he did not say bleach and the time to kill the virus with whatever disinfectant he was thinking about was only 1 minute.

Meanwhile the guy running against him says shit indicating he losing his mind and you are all cool with that. Some of you talk about double standards. LOL. Media twists the truth about Trump to the point it does not represent what he did and then many run with it and keep repeating it. Even though it is not correct.

Kind of like the Trump won't denounce white supremacy BS.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also just this one fact check alone indicates to me that snopes it totally biased and cannot be trusted. It can't be fact checked as True because he never suggested anything, he asked a question.

And the fact that their example text they include quoting the president, uses a period instead of a question mark when it is clearly a question further proves that point.

What Snopes lists for this fact check is:

U.S. President Donald Trump suggested during a White House briefing that injecting disinfectants could treat COVID-19.

And they list that as TRUE.

I think what this shows us, is certain people, including those that are running snopes, likely have TDS. Actually I looked closer now at the text Snopes included, they got ALL OTHER punctuation correct in the quotes. They even used hyphens, colens, commas, proper apostrophes, etc.. properly. This was obviously on purpose. Shameful.

I thought it was they see what they want to see, but it is purposefully deceitful.

They then link within this "Fact Check" to twitter as example of what confusion this has caused, where a bunch of morons say they won't inject household cleaners.

Maybe their fact check should have actually listed the FACTS.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also just this one fact check alone indicates to me that snopes it totally biased and cannot be trusted. It can't be fact checked as True because he never suggested anything, he asked a question.

And the fact that their example text they include quoting the president, uses a period instead of a question mark when it is clearly a question further proves that point.

What Snopes lists for this fact check is:

And they list that as TRUE.

I think what this shows us, is certain people, including those that are running snopes, likely have TDS. Actually I looked closer now at the text Snopes included, they got ALL OTHER punctuation correct in the quotes. They even used hyphens, colens, commas, proper apostrophes, etc.. properly. This was obviously on purpose. Shameful.

I thought it was they see what they want to see, but it is purposefully deceitful.

They then link within this "Fact Check" to twitter as example of what confusion this has caused, where a bunch of morons say they won't inject household cleaners.

Maybe their fact check should have actually listed the FACTS.
Trump literally suggested that injecting disinfectant worked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He did not say to inject anything.

Can you tell me where he said to inject disinfectant?

He asked a question.

Trump is obviously not a medical professional. It's like anything else people try to twist that comes out of Trump. I think another indicator of TDS. I never actually bothered looking into this before today, I figured like everything else it was bullshit. If the media pushes, it it likely is when it comes to Trump.

So in 5 minutes of looking at the snopes article and looking at the transcripts it is clear it is total BS. If you watch the video of him (which I did that also) it is clear he is asking a question coupled with his limited understanding of things. None of what he says is a statement, that it can be done. I think some of you are just crazy. Trump asking questions with his limited knowledge is just him asking potentially dumb questions. He never actually clarified what he meant by "disinfectant" we know it is not bleach, because he did not say bleach and the time to kill the virus with whatever disinfectant he was thinking about was only 1 minute.

Meanwhile the guy running against him says shit indicating he losing his mind and you are all cool with that. Some of you talk about double standards. LOL. Media twists the truth about Trump to the point it does not represent what he did and then many run with it and keep repeating it. Even though it is not correct.

Kind of like the Trump won't denounce white supremacy BS.
He suggested that it worked.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trump literally suggested that injecting disinfectant worked.

Lacius, you have already shown you can't read. This proves it again.

So you are at the point of lying to support your argument?

That is not a suggestion. That is question. That is exactly what Trump asked.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lacius, you have already shown you can't read. This proves it again.

So you are at the point of lying to support your argument?

That is not a suggestion. That is question. That is exactly what Trump asked.
Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.
Hyperbolic statements saying I can't read don't help you to seem right. In fact, inflammatory trolly statements like that are usually used by those on the wrong side of an argument.

Reactions: IncredulousP

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hyperbolic statements saying I can't read don't help you to seem right. In fact, inflammatory trolly statements like that are usually used by those on the wrong side of an argument.

You don't like being called out for lying? Or me making observations? That seem to be accurate.

It's not inflammatory. I am making observations based on repeated behavior from you.

This has happened before with you, and I have witnessed it with others you try and debate with.

I don't get why you would openly lie about something that is plain as day.

You said he suggested, and so did snopes.

A question is not a suggestion.

And again I am going to say, you obviously CANNOT READ.

Re-read what you posted like 10 times.

There is no statement there in relationship to the injection. It is a question missing a question mark.

Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't like being called out for lying? Or me making observations? That seem to be accurate.

It's not inflammatory. I am making observations based on repeated behavior from you.

This has happened before with you, and I have witnessed it with others you try and debate with.

I don't get why you would openly lie about something that is plain as day.

You said he suggested, and so did snopes.

A question is not a suggestion.
To say I cannot read is clearly an inflammatory hyperbolic statement, unless you're trying to say I literally cannot read. If that's the case, you're being foolish.

As for Trump, he said "Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs." He suggested it works. That wasn't a question. He thinks it works, and he's asking how it could be done because, according to him, it works.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To say I cannot read is clearly an inflammatory hyperbolic statement, unless you're trying to say I literally cannot read. If that's the case, you're being foolish.

As for Trump, he said "Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs." He suggested it works. That wasn't a question. He thinks it works, and he's asking how it could be done because, according to him, it works.

Now you are pivoting.

The original discussion centered around you saying Trump did suggest to inject disinfectant into veins. You even linked to Snope's, LOL.

You are wrong. And Snopes is also.

He asked if there is a way, and we have no idea what type of disinfectant he was even referring to because he never clarified that.

So no suggestions of injecting bleach.
And no suggestions of injecting a disinfectant. He did ask, but that is a question and not a suggestion.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now you are pivoting.

The original discussion centered around you saying Trump did suggest to inject disinfectant into veins. You even linked to Snope's, LOL.

You are wrong. And Snopes is also.

He asked if there is a way, and we have no idea what type of disinfectant he was even referring to because he never clarified that.

So no suggestions of injecting bleach.
And no suggestions of injecting a disinfectant. He did ask, but that is a question and not a suggestion.
He said it works. The claim was "U.S. President Donald Trump suggested during a White House briefing that injecting disinfectants could treat COVID-19." So, the claim is true.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said it works. The claim was "U.S. President Donald Trump suggested during a White House briefing that injecting disinfectants could treat COVID-19." So, the claim is true.

Anything involving trump

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, it is not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it. <-- crimpshire is here
And if I did, you deserved it.

i would say he didn't mean it, except the guy has no fucking clue about anything medical. also his son is just as bad.

Eric Trump falsely calls president's coronavirus treatment a vaccine

Trump does not understand that there shouldn't be "sarcasm" in speeches involving medical treatments. people are gullible and will get themselves killed doing stupid bullshit.

another example is Trump and co. spouting BS about hydroxyChloroquinine and a couple nearly killed themselves taking something that sounded like it.

People on this forum were RAVING about how hydroxy is some miracle cure that can treat and prevent covid, yet the president who said he was taking it as a prophylactic still got covid.

Last edited by omgcat,

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anything involving trump

That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, it is not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it. <-- crimpshire is here
And if I did, you deserved it.

i would say he didn't mean it, except the guy has no fucking clue about anything medical. also his son is just as bad.

Eric Trump falsely calls president's coronavirus treatment a vaccine

Trump does not understand that there shouldn't be "sarcasm" in speeches involving medical treatments. people are gullible and will get themselves killed doing stupid bullshit.

another
example is Trump and co. spouting BS about hydroxyChloroquinine and a couple nearly killed themselves taking something that sounded like it.

People on this forum were RAVING about how hydroxy is some miracle cure that can treat and prevent covid, yet the president who said he was taking it as a prophylactic still got covid.

LOL, I like how when you are pressed on your "claims" you just stop responding.

And Lacius, just ignores truth even when in front of his face, then pivots to the next thing when proven wrong on what he started with.

Like you OMG with HCQ crap, nothing of substance. Same thing as orange man bad, just with HCQ because Trumps said it was good at one point.

You guys are so obsessed with disagreeing with the president you ignore reality.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

And Lacius, just ignores truth even when in front of his face, then pivots to the next thing when proven wrong on what he started with.

Like you OMG with HCQ crap, nothing of substance. Same thing as orange man bad, just with HCQ because Trumps said it was good at one point.

You guys are so obsessed with disagreeing with the president you ignore reality.

you're claiming trump was sarcastic with his comments, well he seemingly always is, because he can't be wrong apparently.

also the HCQ shit was 14 pages of nonsense if you remember. link here if you forgot

source of trump saying he was taking hydroxy

it's a pretty consistent trend, one side says "don't do that it's stupid" and the other side does it anyways. that's why one political party is involved with a massive super spreader event and the other isn't. one side listens to science, facts, and logic, and the other doesn't.

we are heading towards a second resurgence with places like OKC already out of hospital beds.

because of shit like "The health executive told council members that additional pressure was exerted by patient transfers from rural areas where people wearing masks "are laughed at," according to The Oklahoman."

having a president who regularly flouts and muzzles scientists is fucking us mercilessly.

we are already running into our first instances of harsh reinfections, where people are getting infected a second time, and having a worse reaction than the first.

Last edited by omgcat,

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're claiming trump was sarcastic with his comments, well he seemingly always is, because he can't be wrong apparently.

also the HCQ shit was 14 pages of nonsense if you remember. link here if you forgot

source of trump saying he was taking hydroxy

it's a pretty consistent trend, one side says "don't do that it's stupid" and the other side does it anyways. that's why one political party is involved with a massive super spreader event and the other isn't. one side listens to science, facts, and logic, and the other doesn't.
Science is a remnant of the past, replaced with political bull****.

gregory-samba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here, Trump said disinfectant "knocks [the COVID-19 infection] out in a minute," it "gets in the lungs," and it does "a tremendous number on the lungs" when injected into the body.

There were thousands of extra calls to Poison Control as a result of these comments.

How an incumbent does in the primary election is hardly an indicator of how they're going to do in the general election.

These kinds of bold generalizations do nothing but demonstrate that you're more interested in what feels true vs. what's actually true.

Trump spoke about the role he thought disinfectants could play in tackling an infection caused by the virus during a now infamous April 23 briefing. But he didn’t say people should drink bleach. He also never told anyone else to ingest or otherwise inject disinfectants. He then continues to state that you should check with medical doctors about treatment. I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to follow a couple of links and read something, so here's his full comments:

A question that probably some of you are thinking of if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposedly we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light, and I think you said that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. (To Bryan) And I think you said you’re going to test that, too. Sounds interesting, right?”

He continued.

“And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute. That’s pretty powerful.”

Later, Trump clarified his comments after a reporter asked Bryan whether disinfectants could actually be injected into COVID-19 patients.

“It wouldn’t be through injections, almost a cleaning and sterilization of an area. Maybe it works, maybe it doesn’t work, but it certainly has a big effect if it’s on a stationary object.”

Trump did not explicitly recommend ingesting a disinfectant like bleach. Nevertheless, his remarks led some companies and state agencies to issue warnings about ingesting disinfectants. The maker of Lysol said in a statement that “under no circumstance” should its products be used in the human body.

If somehow you got that you should be ingesting disinfectants or drinking bleach out of this you're pretty fucking stupid. A question, which he asked isn't directions to ingest anything. It's a damned question.

If that quote is accurate, reads like "try injecting bleach with your doctor(s)" to me. Being unclear with such a subject is bad on its own. Afaik, he didn't even defend himself besides saying it was "sarcasm".

You're comprehension abilities are lacking then. He never said to drink bleach. Can't fix stupid.

How is saying inject disinfectant any better? If he was talking about something special/specific or his claim about being "sarcastic" is to be believed, again, it comes back down to him being unclear. Misled a lot of people.

Again, he never said to "drink bleach" or even suggested people go treat themselves with disinfectants.

I think you're right, that you can't read for shit. You're able to take in the words, but can't take the context or meaning. Your comprehension skills suck.

I find that Liberals on this board will never admit they're wrong. That's a major character flaw. Their own fact checking pages they linked to don't even claim Trump said to drink bleach or directly suggested anyone take disinfectants without involving a doctor. I think they're just fucking stupid or trying to act stupid to play off the fact their own pages and the fact checks I listed claim Trump never said to ingest bleach ... So what is it? Ignorance or trying to weasel out of having to admit they're wrong?

Last edited by gregory-samba,
Reactions: crimpshrine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1