• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[POLL] 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

For whom will/would you vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two compelling case reports also suggest that masks can prevent transmission in high-risk scenarios, said Chin-Hong and Rutherford. In one case, a man flew from China to Toronto and subsequently tested positive for COVID-19. He had a dry cough and wore a mask on the flight, and all 25 people closest to him on the flight tested negative for COVID-19. In another case, in late May, two hair stylists in Missouri had close contact with 140 clients while sick with COVID-19. Everyone wore a mask and none of the clients tested positive.

I don't have time to read over every thing you listed got to get to bed.

Posting an article about some guy flying from China to Toronto does not prove how effective a surgical mask is. What was his age? It has been proven that often older people who are positive are not effective at spreading covid-19 compared to a younger person. Meaning if the guy was not producing virus to spread, he did not even need to wear a mask.

Same with the hair dressers.

Again what it comes down to and should be quantifiable. Is to find a test subject who has covid-19 who is asymptomatic and is actively shedding the virus. Collect their breath with mask on, with mask off a bunch of times with a fresh mask each time. Then determine how effective the mask was at blocking their output of Covid-19.

The same could be done with a cloth mask too for comparison.

If I remember correctly around 85% of reported USA covid cases people claim they were wearing their masks properly on the CDC website, I can find the stats later.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please don't twist my words.

Name one good example of where extreme right is active and a real threat to Western society. Chances are, you don't even know the definition of it, and see Trump as extreme right.

they were squashed.. but Italy, Germany, Japan were all fascist countries and a threat to the West.

Trump definitely has America headed towards Fascism.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gregory-samba @crimpshrine @UltraSUPRA Donald Trump claimed disinfectant in the body, particularly in the lungs, was an effective way to kill COVID-19. If you are arguing this is untrue, you are objectively mistaken. I did not bring up anything about ingestion, etc.

If you are going to argue he didn't actually do this, then I suggest you look at Trump's later comments when he admitted he had done this but was being sarcastic. So, the argument he didn't do this doubly falls apart.

In other words, you can't simultaneously argue he didn't say it and that he said it but was being sarcastic. They're contradictory.

The people claiming that life starts at birth rather than conception, digging giant holes in the ground will save the environment, and slapping a piece of paper onto your mouth will rid the world of all germs.
There is no science in the world that supports the idea that there's any meaningful difference with regard to personhood when we are talking about five seconds before conception and five seconds after conception.

I don't know what you're referring to with regard to giant holes on the ground.

Nobody is arguing that masks will "get rid of all germs." That's a disingenuous strawman, and it shows you don't care about the facts of what's being proposed.

Last edited by Lacius,

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I wonder if this is why Joe's handlers cut his day at 9:00 AM again. Can you imagine what we would gotten sound bite wise from Biden today? LOL

Trump campaign blasts Biden over new Hunter Biden-Ukraine story, claims it shows he ‘lied’

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-campaign-biden-hunters-business-deal-story

So what is the FBI for anyhow? It could seem to outsiders to be a tool for the dems.

Wonder if the liberal press will actually start asking poor Joe some tough questions finally.

----

And social media rushes to help Biden.

Wish they applied the same level of integrity when it came to our active president. What a joke. Kind of like the anonymous source claiming Trump said X about military people. When you had what like 15 real people saying it was BS.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technol...bution-of-hunter-biden-story-in-new-york-post

Facebook reducing distribution of Hunter Biden story in New York Post

Last edited by crimpshrine,
Reactions: TheCasketMan

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giuliani's lawyer says he has hard drive with Hunter Biden texts, emails, videos of 'compromising positions'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hu...xts-emails-videos-very-compromising-positions

Among the deluge of documents allegedly obtained by Giuliani and Costello: sexually explicit photographs and footage of Hunter Biden, as well as email correspondence dating back to May 2014 that seemingly demonstrated how the son introduced his father – then the vice president – to a Ukrainian businessman and Burisma adviser despite a cloud of ethical concerns.

The email appeared to counter claims by Joe Biden, who has maintained that he has "never spoken to (his) son about (his) overseas business dealings

CNN and NYTimes are fast at work determining what can be spun here I bet. Will be interesting to see if they will report anything at all.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Giuliani's lawyer says he has hard drive with Hunter Biden texts, emails, videos of 'compromising positions'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hu...xts-emails-videos-very-compromising-positions

Among the deluge of documents allegedly obtained by Giuliani and Costello: sexually explicit photographs and footage of Hunter Biden, as well as email correspondence dating back to May 2014 that seemingly demonstrated how the son introduced his father – then the vice president – to a Ukrainian businessman and Burisma adviser despite a cloud of ethical concerns.

The email appeared to counter claims by Joe Biden, who has maintained that he has "never spoken to (his) son about (his) overseas business dealings

CNN and NYTimes are fast at work determining what can be spun here I bet. Will be interesting to see if they will report anything at all.
Let us know when there's actual evidence of anything.

Reactions: IncredulousP

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let us know when there's actual evidence of anything.

This will be my last response regarding anything to you lacius, you pivot on anything debated with you when you are shown to be wrong/inaccurate etc.. And you don't read things in response. No real point in talking with you.

D

Deleted User

This will be my last response regarding anything to you lacius, you pivot on anything debated with you when you are shown to be wrong/inaccurate etc.. And you don't read things in response. No real point in talking with you.

person;1I have hard evidence that person3 has done something wrong.
Person2:Can I see the evidence?
Person1:No, but I will talk about it
Person2:... But you stated you have hard evidence
person1: you don't need to see the evidence, just take my word for it
person2:....

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's essentially what it boils down to and what Lacius is getting at. You can pretend or act that you have hard evidence. But here from what I'm able to find, they just talk about it. Without like, actually showing it. They provide claims without nothing to back it up.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never pivoted. You haven't shown me to be wrong or inaccurate. I read things before I respond. Did you see in your article that we have no reason yet to think this hard drive exists? That's why I told you to let us know when something is released. I'm sorry my standards of evidence are higher than yours.

If you don't want to respond to me, that's fine, but unless you block me, I'm probably going to continue to correct inaccuracies in your posts when I see them.

If you would like to continue having conversation, I would like you to provide the single most egregious inaccuracy or lie that I have stated. Just one, but make it the best one.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person;1I have hard evidence that person3 has done something wrong.
Person2:Can I see the evidence?
Person1:No, but I will talk about it
Person2:... But you stated you have hard evidence
person1: you don't need to see the evidence, just take my word for it
person2:....

I think you miss the point, the devil is in the details as they say. And we already have confirmation from a lawyer he has the hard drive. This is not some anonymous source.

As I stated above, with this new bombshell being released. Already you have places like Facebook limiting the spread of it.

Was trump offered the same level of integrity when (was it the NY times, don't recall now) released that news story about Trump disparaging troops? Based on an anonymous source?

CNN reported on it right away, even fox did.

And meanwhile you clearly have liberal media giving Biden pampered treatment. You have to be blind to not see this.

Lacius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you miss the point, the devil is in the details as they say. And we already have confirmation from a lawyer he has the hard drive. This is not some anonymous source.

As I stated above, with this new bombshell being released. Already you have places like Facebook limiting the spread of it.

Was trump offered the same level of integrity when (was it the NY times, don't recall now) released that news story about Trump disparaging troops? Based on an anonymous source?

CNN reported on it right away, even fox did.

And meanwhile you clearly have liberal media giving Biden pampered treatment. You have to be blind to not see this.
Reporting that someone says someone has a hard drive doesn't say anything about the truthfulness of the claims about what's allegedly on the hard drive. Come back when we know more.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the liberals probably are OK with stuff like this, but imagine if it was you being censored.

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1316411842315587585?s=20

I don't use facebook, was unaware they even monitor and block links to information in PM's.

And I see Biden's campaign released something saying it never happened.

Their exact words were:

Bates added: "Moreover, we have reviewed Joe Biden's official schedules from the time and no meeting, as alleged by the New York Post, ever took place."

The question I have will they let him near any media in the coming days, and will anyone have the balls to ask the questions to Joe. My guess is no, they gave him an out without making it worse when the details are released.

His campaign saying they "reviewed" Biden's schedule at that time and that no meeting as alleged occurred, does not mean it did not. It means someone outside of Biden is claiming it did not based on a piece of paper.

Trump still gets grilled and told he disparaged troops based on an anonymous source that was repeated by social media and news everywhere. While around 20 people if I remember correctly said they were there and it never happened.

Last edited by crimpshrine,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyone voting for Trump is either delusional or a white supremacist. The Republican party has become a fascist death cult that has shown absolute disregard for human life and the well-being of the American populous as a whole. It totally baffles me that our society here has become so insanely brainwashed into thinking that Trump is gonna do anything good for this country when he's doing everything in his power to fuck them. It's like Stockholm syndrome or something. Climate change has the west coast on fire, and the east coast is getting pummeled by hurricanes. In the middle, there's mass rioting and protesting because the American people are deemed unfit to have equal justice. People are losing their homes and everything else because of the pandemic, and he now has over 200,000 deaths on his hands. Yeah, he sure did make America great by sowing hate and fear in literally every citizen.
I know the liberals probably are OK with stuff like this, but imagine if it was you being censored.

https://twitter.com/Timcast/status/1316411842315587585?s=20

I don't use facebook, was unaware they even monitor and block links to information in PM's.
They're a privately owned company. They're allowed to do anything they want. The FCC doesn't have any control over them, so equating this to a dropped phone call is really grasping for straws. I don't get why conservatives don't understand how the law and Constitution work when they're all about sucking the cock of the government. Facebook isn't the government, so boohooing about censorship is just expressing what big, crybaby snowflakes conservatives really are.

Edit: I just noticed this was Tim Pool. You know he's a batshit insane liar, right?

Last edited by Joom,

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone voting for Trump is either delusional or a white supremacist. The Republican party has become a fascist death cult that has shown absolute disregard for human life and the well-being of the American populous as a whole. It totally baffles me that our society here has become so insanely brainwashed into thinking that Trump is gonna do anything good for this country when he's doing everything in his power to fuck them. It's like Stockholm syndrome or something. Climate change has the west coast on fire, and the east coast is getting pummeled by hurricanes. In the middle, there's mass rioting and protesting because the American people are deemed unfit to have equal justice. Yeah, he sure did make America great by sowing hate and fear in literally every citizen.

They're a privately owned company. They're allowed to do anything they want. The FCC doesn't have any control over them, so equating this to a dropped phone call is really grasping for straws. I don't get why conservatives don't understand how the law and Constitution work when they're all about sucking the cock of the government. Facebook isn't the government, so boohooing about censorship is just expressing what big, crybaby snowflakes conservatives really are.

Edit: I just noticed this was Tim Pool. You know he's a batshit insane liar, right?

Everyone is free to their own opinions. I don't agree at all with you. And your claims to me just make you look petty and ignorant.

You seem to be projecting the behavior of many US liberals.

For those to ignore the dems double standards and liberal censorship that occurs frequently is a heavy indicator of your blindness.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is free to their own opinions. I don't agree at all with you. And your claims to me just make you look petty and ignorant.

You seem to be projecting the behavior of many US liberals.

For those to ignore the dems double standards and liberal censorship that occurs frequently is a heavy indicator of your blindness.
Uh, written law isn't opinion. Nothing I posted is opinion. So yeah, you belong in that delusional category. Oh, and you can be progressive without being a liberal, but I know you wouldn't know that because you have absolutely no grasp on any of this.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, written law isn't opinion. Nothing I posted is opinion. So yeah, you belong in that delusional category. Oh, and you can be progressive without being a liberal, but I know you wouldn't know that because you have absolutely no grasp on any of this.

LOL.

Anyone voting for Trump is either delusional or a white supremacist.

That is called an opinion. Seriously?

Not even going to bother with the rest.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
That is called an opinion. Seriously?

Not even going to bother with the rest.
Oh, so I offended you and then you didn't even bother to read the rest. I fail to understand how that's an opinion when it's rather objective that Trump supporters are willfully ignorant and moronic, and/or a white supremacist. This isn't a matter of opinion when even you yourself are exuding this behavior. Enjoy having your head buried in the sand as you're shovel fed lies.

Also, I should make it clear that I don't want Biden as my president. He's going to keep this country as stagnant as ever. He's a right leaning centrist running on the Democratic ticket. Woohoo. But I'd much rather have him than Trump as I get the feeling he wouldn't actively work to keep the country divided and dying just so billionaires can thrive on the aftermath.

Last edited by Joom,

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so I offended you and then you didn't even bother to read the rest. I fail to understand how that's an opinion when it's rather objective that Trump supporters are willfully ignorant and moronic. This isn't a matter of opinion when even you yourself are exuding this behavior. Enjoy having your head buried in the sand as you're shovel fed lies.

Also, I should make it clear that I don't want Biden as my president. He's going to keep this country as stagnant as ever. He's a right leaning centrist running on the Democratic ticket. Woohoo. But I'd much rather have him than Trump as I get the feeling he wouldn't actively work to keep the country divided and dying.

You literally said in my last response in your second sentence:

Nothing I posted is opinion.

So I am the only one being held to reality?

And when I point out the fact that you started with a very derogatory statement that is an opinion, you just say but you did not read everything else I had to say.

You think you sound objective, and you have ANYTHING worth reading?

It's hard to take someone serious that makes it seem like they want to have a discussion when they are acting like you right out of the gate.

It's just orange man bad as far as I can see. And projection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4M3E1Lz6l9E?si=fSYNJxYTa0czXVow