?

For whom will/would you vote?

This poll will close on Nov 4, 2020 at 8:41 PM.
  1. Donald Trump and Mike Pence (Republican Party)

34.7%
  2. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris (Democratic Party)

50.6%
  3. Jo Jorgensen and Spike Cohen (Libertarian Party)

2.6%
  4. Howie Hawkins and Angela Walker (Green Party)

3.5%
  5. Other

8.6%
  6. 536 voter(s)
  1. omgcat

omgcat GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hey, that tends to happen when more people are liberal than conservative.

IncredulousP and Lacius like this.
  2. Lacius

OP Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Americans are more liberal than conservative on virtually every issue. Americans also thought Biden won the debate, 60-28.

3. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    To be fair, it's CNN viewers participating in their Instant Poll who thought he won the debate, that's not a figure representative of the entire nation. According to C-Span it was the other way around. None of these numbers are representative, so I wouldn't draw conclusions based on them.

4. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    It is funny that 4 years ago, people would be calling this a right wing site based on the result.

5. gregory-samba

gregory-samba GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Welp, looks like Trump and the first lady have the COVID. This will probably put a dent in the scheduled debates, but due to the survival rate I highly doubt Trump is going to get very ill let alone die.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/president-trump-lady-test-positive-covid-19/story?id=73380448
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-first-lady-test-positive-covid-19-n1241769
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54381848
    https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-and-wife-melania-test-positive-for-coronavirus-12087447
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pr...er-top-aide-is-infected-he-tells-sean-hannity

Last edited by gregory-samba, Oct 2, 2020
  6. SG854

SG854 If It Bleeds, We Can Kill It

Comoros
    Sleep Well Mr. President. You'll need your rest for the upcoming challenges ahead. Remember, believe in yourself and you can accomplish anything in life. Positive Energy sent your way.

7. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    No they wouldn't, the poll was meaningless in 2016, and it's meaningless in 2020.

8. gregory-samba

United States
    The 2016 poll of Trump vs Hillary on this site even has a Tempy/Trump mashup graphic.

9. UltraDolphinRevolution

UltraDolphinRevolution GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    Now that Trump has contracted COVID19... will there be a new candidate if he dies during the election process? If so, will the mail voting start fresh?
    Obviously we should wish him well (and it is possible he won´t have symptoms), just wondering...

10. emigre

emigre i am a free i am not man a number

United Kingdom
    The man is 74 and seemingly leads a lifestyle that's isn't particularly healthy. He's at risk, his age alone puts him in the at risk category. Bojo nearly died from covid due to him living an unhealthy lifestyle despite being in his fifties.

11. gregory-samba

United States
    Mike Pence will take over and more than likely be the candidate for the 2020 election. However, it's very unlikely Trump is going to die. The COVID survival rate is 99.8% and most people that get it don't even get that sick. He's also has the best medical care in the World.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

While he does fit into two higher risk categories the odds are he won't even get a fever.

Last edited by gregory-samba, Oct 2, 2020
  12. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    I honestly think Trump will make it out of this.

13. gregory-samba

United States
    Most people do. The odds are in his favor.

14. r0achtheunsavory

r0achtheunsavory GBAtemp Regular

United States
    How have you not been banned for literally every single one of your posts being a lie? Not just a minor smudging of facts, but the stuff you type is 100% polar opposite of reality in just about every case. 2016 election results by precinct. Marxists should probably pray there's no civil war in America:

[​IMG]

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 Cynical Absurdist
    Global Moderator

Poland
    The problem with this image, as @Lacius will undoubtedly point out, is that the blue splotches are more densely populated when compared to the red sea in-between. It's hard to make a solid and accurate estimate, but in terms of raw numbers it's really 50/50, give or take a few percent depending on the administration in power and other factors. Things is, the United States, as the name implies, is a union of states, so we cannot allow a situation wherein a handful of blue states steer policy in a direction that is directly against the interests of the majority of "Middle America". There are already checks and balances for that, including the Electoral College.

16. Lacius

OP Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    None of my posts have been lies. The map you posted is little more than a map of land, not people. I think most people know that.

Attached is a cartogram from the 2012 election that demonstrates this. Areas with higher population increase in size. Areas with lower population decrease in size. The more red, the more Republican. The more blue, the more Democratic. The more purple, the more evenly split.
    Countycartpurple1024.png

When you poll Americans, on virtually every issue, there's a majority support for the Democratic side. Another way we know the country is center-left? In my entire life (I'm 30), I have not once seen a non-incumbent Republican win the popular vote in a presidential election. I've seen Democrats do it four times.

If you count incumbents and non-incumbents, I've seen Republicans do it 1 time and Democrats do it 6 times.

Last edited by Lacius, Oct 2, 2020
  17. gregory-samba

United States
    The problem with all of this is the fact there's a lot of people that don't vote that either lean left, right or center. I wonder if you actually took into account the entire population as opposed to those who only voted how your maps would look.

18. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    CNN's poll was definitely less reliable than some of the others with a higher margin of error. However, that's not the only polling data that declared Biden the winner of the debate, which I delved into further detail in this post:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/who-won-the-first-presidential-debate.574711/page-10#post-9219009

If you can find any other polls from reputable pollsters, please be sure to share them to help underscore your counter-argument. The same goes for Biden supporters, as the data becomes more reliable the more we have available.

IncredulousP likes this.
  19. rick191

rick191 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    He won't die when you consider how low the death rate is, and when he does beat this virus he will come out and say he only had mild symptoms and it will get him many more votes which will result in him winning the election.
    MAGA.

UltraSUPRA and gregory-samba like this.
  20. omgcat

omgcat GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Welp, trump fits into 3 high risk categories for covid, obese, elderly, and low income.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Presidential, Election, [POLL]