Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

Snapdragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Map: 100 - Wela Volcano Park
Tables: 5
Table 1 (Day):
Encounters (Levels 38-41): Salandit (15%), Marowak (10%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magmar (10%), Cubone (10%), Slugma (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 1 (Levels 38-41): Larvesta (30%), Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Typhlosion (10%), Charizard (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 38-41): Larvesta (30%), Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Typhlosion (10%), Charizard (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 38-41): Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Typhlosion (10%), Numel (10%), Larvesta (10%), Charizard (10%), Magmar (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 38-41): Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magmar (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 38-41): Kangaskhan (25%), Salandit (15%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Happiny (10%), Slugma (10%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 38-41): Salandit (15%), Marowak (10%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magby (10%), Marowak (Forme 1) (10%), Slugma (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 38-41): Salandit (15%), Marowak (10%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magby (10%), Marowak (Forme 1) (10%), Slugma (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
Additional SOS encounters: (None)

What am I supposed to do here if I'm trying to get Larvesta? From what I've read on how to interpret these tables, Salandit can sometimes call Larvesta, but in-game they sometimes call Salazzle when the table seems to show that they cannot. And chaining Darmanitans, as far as I can tell, only calls other Darmanitans.

rbedsole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Table 1 (Day):
Encounters (Levels 38-41): Salandit (15%), Marowak (10%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magmar (10%), Cubone (10%), Slugma (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 1 (Levels 38-41): Larvesta (30%), Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Typhlosion (10%), Charizard (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 2 (Levels 38-41): Larvesta (30%), Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Typhlosion (10%), Charizard (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 3 (Levels 38-41): Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Typhlosion (10%), Numel (10%), Larvesta (10%), Charizard (10%), Magmar (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 4 (Levels 38-41): Marowak (20%), Salazzle (15%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magmar (10%), Magcargo (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 5 (Levels 38-41): Kangaskhan (25%), Salandit (15%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Happiny (10%), Slugma (10%)
SOS Slot 6 (Levels 38-41): Salandit (15%), Marowak (10%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magby (10%), Marowak (Forme 1) (10%), Slugma (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)
SOS Slot 7 (Levels 38-41): Salandit (15%), Marowak (10%), Quilava (10%), Numel (10%), Darmanitan (10%), Charmeleon (10%), Magby (10%), Marowak (Forme 1) (10%), Slugma (10%), Kangaskhan (5%)

What am I supposed to do here if I'm trying to get Larvesta? From what I've read on how to interpret these tables, Salandit can sometimes call Larvesta, but in-game they sometimes call Salazzle when the table seems to show that they cannot. And chaining Darmanitans, as far as I can tell, only calls other Darmanitans.
I sometimes run into a similar issue I'll encounter a pokemon then search for it in the tables and the only slots that it is in at that level are SOS slots

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
Table 1 (Day):

It looks like the export is incorrect and shifts Slots 3 and 4 over to the right by one in this table.
upload_2018-4-28_20-59-21.png

You're looking for Magmar, Darmanitan, or Numel, with Darmanitan having the highest chance.

rbedsole

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I randomized I added megas and I caught 2 but when I started the game the next day they're no longer mega-evolved.

mrgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why the drag n' drop method isn't working, just boots normally everytime. I've installed the freeshop version of ultra sun, have luma v9.0, installed update to v1.2 for the game. Moved the Expanded luma folder to the root of my sd. Held select during bootup and selected the game patch option (once and saved), then press the game icon and no matter the case still see the normal game text with no changes. Also on sysnand 11.6.0-39 U if it matters...

Really wanna get back to playing this, played a bit of it on citra and it's amazing! Help ples :sad:

EDIT: Decided to give up stubbornly attempting to make the drag n' drop method work, and instead built the cia. Once installed, still didn't work - booted normally with normal text. Very last troubleshooting effort was to delete all traces of the game's data on the SD (except the game itself), and it worked! Proceeded to restore my citra save, after some trouble, and now it's finally time to be the very best.

Last edited by mrgames,

Jslinkard78901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the drag and drop part of the supernova sun mod and it keeps having a display error right before starting the normal game play at the begining. Can someone help me please? and P.S. this is for my Pokemon ultra sun 3ds game cartridge.

Last edited by Jslinkard78901,

tyun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm on the second island, but all of my pokemon hit lv 35 and they won't obey me anymore. is there anyway to fix this?

Dio Vento

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Announcement!
When tools for editing them are made available, I intend to hack and release mods for the newly-announced Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu and Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee in addition to the "future main-series RPGs" that will be releasing in late 2019. my tentative titles for the Let's Go hacks are:
Pokémon Spark! Pikachu
Pokémon Potential! Eevee
I will be doing design and plan work for these titles before hacking tools are developed for them, so I hope for a speedy implementation and testing phase when Kaphotics and SciresM complete their PK3DS equivalent tool for Switch games.

If it turns out these games are not deep enough to support a ROM hack (including if they only have models and data for the first 151 Pokémon), I may cancel this project at any time. My hacks rely on variety and variance in enemy teams, and having less than 100 fully evolved Pokémon to work with just doesn't interest me as a ROM hacker.

Either way, I also intend to put in work on the actual Generation VIII games that are releasing in late 2019.

Cancelled the Let's Go hack announcement after seeing the games at e3. They don't have the depth necessary to support my methods in ROM hacking, and are limited to Kanto Pokémon. I might release a quick difficulty patch, but nothing too in-depth. Also, because of the launch timing, I doubt there will be a usable tool for editing Let's Go before Smash comes out and I'm going to be going hard in Smash.

See you all in 2019 for an update on my Gen 8 hacks, which I still absolutely intend to make.

Last edited by Dio Vento,

AbsoluteIridium

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, the drag and drop method isn't working for me? It worked previously and i'd uninstalled it to try and get a no outlines patch working (to no avail). But now, it just goes to regular Ultra Sun, and I've tried everything in the troubleshooting with no success. Does anyone know what could be happening?

Naeros

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello Guys sry for the Noob Question but can someone explain me in short simple words how the txt file is working for the location?? What exactly mean

- SoS Slot 1-7??

- Table ( I guess the tables are the different grass locations for encounters, but how exactly i know which table is which location?? For example in Route 1 there are many grasses. how do i know which table is which grass?)

- additional sos encounter??

thanks for your help and sry for my bad english

best regards

Shutta

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hey and at first!-TNX for hack!!!
And question is...why this hack not include froakie???
I know I can catch evolve form... but froakie..._i cry deep in my soul_

sorry for my english

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.