Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Project Pokémon OP
GBATemp OP
PokéCommunity OP
Reddit /r/3dshacks OP

MtDlBs3.png
7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.​

Last edited by Dio Vento,

blakezilla100

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there,
Hopefully, someone is still watching this post,
Was wondering in game when battling and you knock out a trainers pokemon, the game doesn't tell you what pokemon he is sending out. I was wondering is there a way to change it to normal or is that intended?

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere

RhysBrando

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been asked, but I'm playing the expanded build from a drag and drop install on 3ds with Luma, but I'm not seeing any additional encounters, just the usual ones. Everything else is changed (shops, trainer teams, etc) but I have yet to run into a single new pokemon. when I tested it on Citra (with a patched rom file) it worked fine, I found the additional encounters. but for some reason with drag and drop it seems like everything else worked except for that. I do have game patching enabled and followed the directions for drag and drop exactly. could there be something I missed?

AJLooch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it possible, I started the game with the modified message from Prof. Kukui, I can see all the changes the mod makes to PokeMarts, but the trainers pokes are unmodded?

Specifically i just encountered these two trainers in Paniola Ranch,
bulbapedia.bulbagarden DOT net/wiki/Paniola_Ranch#Pok.C3.A9mon_Ultra_Sun_and_Ultra_Moon_2
(sry i cant post links)
Madame Elizabeth - carbink lvl 15
Breeder Glenn - mudbray lvl 15
Both trainers are the same in my game. This means the trainers in my game are not modded, correct?

How can i test if the wild pokemon have been modded also?

I read and searched this thread but cant find another case like this. Thank you.

installed via drag'n'drop

EDIT:
I fixed it. To any one else with similar problems, here is what i did:
Back up save file with Checkpoint
I re-named the luma/titles/00040000001B5100 to luma/titles/UNINSTALL_00040000001B5100 to start with just the updated Ultra Moon
Began by following the "CIA or 3ds Build Instructions.txt"
use godmode9 to dump the cia. (see "Game Dumping Instructions.txt")
put the cia in Extra_Files and renamed it to "rom.cia" per "CIA or 3ds Build Instructions.txt"
ran All_In_One.bat
put the Modified_Rom.cia back on my SD card.
Installed Modified_rom.cia with FBI
start the game, -> its only standard Ultra Moon!! Crap!

Then I tried the Drag and DROP method again, with no other changes, and what the hell, this time it worked.
Restored my save, and instantly got my arse kicked...by an ass, actually. Breeder Glenn now has a lvl 30 Mudsdale and it wrecked me.

Last edited by AJLooch,

Revolve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been really enjoying this over the last few days. I'm around level 70ish at the moment but I'm wanting to swap out a few of the pokemon in my team and level them up (they're about level 30 at the moment). Is there a good place to grind up some levels before the end of the game?

Last edited by Revolve,

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there are two shop.cro files which don't have the same hash, but go both into
Code:
romfs
which one is the "correct" one? the one is located in the luma subfolder, the other one in the EXTRA_FILES ROM_FILES

RhysBrando

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I did the drag and drop installation for both Penumbra Moon and Nova Sun. Shops update, but not trainer teams or wild encounters. Trainer teams are still exactly the same as vanilla, Kahuna Hala only had his 3 mons around level 15, and I have yet to see a new grass spawn. I followed the directions exactly and am using a legit, paid eshop copy for Nova Sun, with the same problems as this cia I found for UM. Idk what to do to fix it as trying to dump a cia is impossible with my current card as I have no free space.

Phonochirp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I've got the mod installed and all of the other changes seem to have gone through (modified start screen, kukui conversation, all trainers significantly stronger) however the Poke marts don't use the updated item list. I've confirmed with pk3DS that the CRO poke mart in the "extracted_rom" folder has the updated list including revival powder. However in game they only sell the usual stuff.

I'm playing in citra if that makes a difference.

Is this a known issue?​

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm playing in citra if that makes a difference.

I don't know if you are still interested in that, but if you are playing in Citra you are not supposed to play with updates, and thus are supposed to use the shop.cro file that is located here: Penumbra_Moon_Expanded\Extra_Files\ROM_Files\romfs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: