Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotaro26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have few lil questions:
1. Are the shiny encounters the same? or changed?
2.Is there at least a small guide on either pokemon locations, or pokemon type data guide? (im ok if there isnt one)

I forgot my other questions, but they werent that important.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have few lil questions:
1. Are the shiny encounters the same? or changed?
2.Is there at least a small guide on either pokemon locations, or pokemon type data guide? (im ok if there isnt one)

I forgot my other questions, but they werent that important.
1- Same. Not sûre but I think shiny probabilities are stored in the .cro, which can't be modified otherwise the game crashes.
2- Both are included in OP's archive.

Momotaro26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1- Same. Not sûre but I think shiny probabilities are stored in the .cro, which can't be modified otherwise the game crashes.
2- Both are included in OP's archive.

Thanks

lol i noticed the archives as soon as i was about to send it xD which is why i put the strikethrough

Momotaro26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh um, upon a close inspection of the docs, does the wild pokemon encounter list show locations for ALL pokemon? or just the ones that were given a location? because i cannot find buizel in that list

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh um, upon a close inspection of the docs, does the wild pokemon encounter list show locations for ALL pokemon? or just the ones that were given a location? because i cannot find buizel in that list
OP says you can get all 721 pokémons un à single playthrough, but not all of them can be found in the wild.
Try searching for the evolutions of the pokemon you are searching for (in this case,floatzel)

Momotaro26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OP says you can get all 721 pokémons un à single playthrough, but not all of them can be found in the wild.
Try searching for the evolutions of the pokemon you are searching for (in this case,floatzel)

ah, so its through breeding then, i found floatzel on the list already, so i was already half assuming that xD, thanks for the quick reply, and sorry for all the dumb nooby questions ;w;

Beatboxingbase

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is a bit late, but is it possible to go online with other neo x and y users?

If not, pleaseeeeeee can you set something up. Like a DNS server?

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this is a bit late, but is it possible to go online with other neo x and y users?

If not, pleaseeeeeee can you set something up. Like a DNS server?
Nope, and I'm pretty sure you can't do it without Nintendo's private keys, which we obviously don't have because it would be illegal.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I have the feeling that if you use the lite version, where you only get the harder trainers and story, your pokemon would be legal to play online. Or you could trade the pokemon to another version.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the feeling that if you use the lite version, where you only get the harder trainers and story, your pokemon would be legal to play online. Or you could trade the pokemon to another version.
Maybe, but only for cfw users because HANS doesn't allow internet connection (there is a way to get updates through HANS but I never was able to connect to internet anyway).
I personally wouldn't take the risk of connecting with a mod anyway because of Nintendo's banhammer. Also, pokemons from the full version cannot be traded if they have their moves, stats or typings edited because of legitimacy checks, which means you can't use them online even if you transfer them through homebrew methods (though pokemons from the lite version should work just fine).

Oris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, my encounters aren't changed, but the abilities are so I know that the game has been changed. Is there a reason for this? Could it be the actual Pokemon Y updates?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, my encounters aren't changed, but the abilities are so I know that the game has been changed. Is there a reason for this? Could it be the actual Pokemon Y updates?
Update 1.5 stops the edited encounters. You'd need to remove update 1.5 using Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Downloadable Content and deleting the Pokemon Y update data.

Oris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update 1.5 stops the edited encounters. You'd need to remove update 1.5 using Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Downloadable Content and deleting the Pokemon Y update data.

Oh, I see. I thought so, but I wasn't sure, and I was about to just redo a whole .cia from scratch. Thanks for letting me know.

Oris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your save made on 1.5 won't work after that so you'll probably have to start a new game.

Well, I did back up the save, if that makes much difference. But it's not like I got very far. I figured something like this would happen so I stopped short of the first gym to check all the grass encounters, and noticed none of them were different. Pretty sure the levels might have been a little higher, though, and the Hidden Abilities still seemed to work right since I caught a Fletchling with Gale Wings right there on the first route. Funny how some things get patched out but others don't.

Oh, that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask: is there a way to edit items you can pick up, like what you would see as item balls or TM balls? I was looking at PK3DS and the best the version I'm using has is for the Pickup ability. Not sure if items are swapped around in the rom hack, but I curious since I randomized Omega Ruby just a couple days ago.

zoroarkrules25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi so I have an error in trying to play this. I tried installing this the same way as Star Sapphire, but like that, I am getting an error in it, in which it would load sever black screens of texts, but then before loading the game, it freezes with a black screen with some static on the left side of the screen. Is there any way I can fix this, so I can play?

Shaddap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to do a manual patch where I can capture all the Pokemon but NOT have the trainer edits or any other changes.

According to the custom install ref sheet, which would be the options to choose?

Trainer battles: 0/3/8, 0/4/0
Wild encounters: 0/1/2
Plot: 0/8/2 (Game text: 0/7/4)
Updated stats and Typings: 2/1/8
Updated Mega ball evos: 2/1/6
Updated level up moves: 2/1/4
Updated items: 2/2/0
Updated evolutions: 2/1/5

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Shaddap,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd like to do a manual patch where I can capture all the Pokemon but NOT have the trainer edits or any other changes.

According to the custom install ref sheet, which would be the options to choose?

Trainer battles: 0/3/8, 0/4/0
Wild encounters: 0/1/2
Plot: 0/8/2 (Game text: 0/7/4)
Updated stats and Typings: 2/1/8
Updated Mega ball evos: 2/1/6
Updated level up moves: 2/1/4
Updated items: 2/2/0
Updated evolutions: 2/1/5

Thanks in advance!

Just edit Wild encounter (0/1/2) and updated evolutions (2/1/5, because some evolutions would need you to trade with another game instead). But be aware that, though you'll have a full dex, a significant amount of your pokemons won't be legit because of their encounter location. Don't try to connect to the internet with this savefile afterhand (unless you make eggs of everything that's breedable and ditch everything once you're done).

Oris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play the game again, but it isn't working at all anymore. I deleted the update files from my system and now Pokemon Neo Y isn't working at all. I've even tried reinstalling the .cia file. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol