Not open for further replies.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure what you mean
it compiles to a 3ds or cia file correct? you can use lunar ips to create a patch as long as you have both the modified and original files. then, you can use lunar ips to apply said patch to other original files.

D

Deleted User

it compiles to a 3ds or cia file correct? you can use lunar ips to create a patch as long as you have both the modified and original files. then, you can use lunar ips to apply said patch to other original files.
oh. i honestly have never played the hack, just saying godmode9 dumps games.

WARlord1903

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Neo X - Neo Y
Base Game: Pokemon X/Y
Current Version: 1.33
Released: 5/6/15
Updated: 21/5/16

Download (1.4)
Easy homebrew installation document

neo2-png.19125
Neo X & Neo Y are rom hacks of Pokemon X and Y designed to offer the player greater difficulty through expanded trainers and better variety through edited wild Pokemon encounters along with a plethora of other features. NeoX&Y are pretty much identical at this stage.
vfui4h.png
Full and Lite Versions
15d8m50.png
  • Full version contains all the features mentioned below
  • Lite version contains only edited trainers and wild Pokemon encounters
Main Features
15d8m50.png
Trainers

• A more consistent but much harder level curve to greatly increase difficulty
  • Many trainers now have a greater amount of Pokemon with custom movesets, higher IVs and items
  • Gym leaders have been significantly upgraded. They get progressively tougher in terms of amount of Pokemon, IVs, Access to Mega-Evolution, move-sets and items
  • There are a greater number of rotation, double and triple battles
  • Calem and Serena's teams' will be completely different depending on your starter
vfui4h.png
Pokemon
(See documentation for detailed information)

• All 721 Pokemon available in one play-through - every area has a lot more variety to offer
  • All previously unavailable Pokemon are now included - Eg; Rattata
  • Most Pokemon now have easy access to their Hidden abilities. Pokemon who had comparatively non-beneficial abilities have been given a new set entirely
  • Many Pokemon have had their stats slightly edited to make them comparatively viable to use; Some have also had their typing edited such as Golduck who is now Water/Psychic
  • A lot of Pokemon have had their level up moveset edited to either match that of ORAS or improve those who didn't have a great moveset to begin with
  • A few moves themselves have been edited in terms of accuracy, type and BP. HMs such as cut have had their typing changed and BP boosted
  • Pokemon who needed to be traded to evolve can now be evolved by alternate methods (usually by level up)
  • Pokemon who can mega evolve such as Mawile will have a 50% of carrying their respective mega stone
  • All Pokemon eggs now hatch extremely quickly
15d8m50.png
Storyline

• Team flare have a new ranking order (Leader Lysandre - Deputy Leader Xerosic - four Elemental admins - Commanders - Grunts)
  • Elemental admins are much stronger and use diverse teams according to their element
  • You now have more battles with Shauna, Tierno and Trevor. Most of these are optional and are initiated by seeking out and talking to trainers in areas - Eg; Santalune Forest
Free_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gif
Screenshots
Free_use_Pokeball_icon_by_steffne.gif

24e5rgo.png

120.png
Credits
  • Kaphotics for the amazing work on PK3DS and the ProjectPokemon community which made this project possible!
  • Asia81 for the effort and simplicity of making it possible to decompress the games and allow me to edit them! Also, for the title screens!
  • SciresM for the 3ds rom builder!
  • SMOKE for having the amazing patience to help with a very tedious game-breaking bug!
  • Kashitoxicblood for the banner+screenshots!
  • Gudenaurock for the custom patcher!
  • Shadowtrance for screenshots!
  • GamingAori for bug testing
  • Sliter for the front page logo!
  • Ericzander for helping with guide and making a video tutorial!
  • Mg1189 for the amazing documentation
  • Pokaytroll fo Homebrew vids
040.png
Help
  • You will need a Gateway or a 3DS with acess to Homebrew to install
  • 'Can you give me a prepatched rom?' No - that's against the rules here. Google is your friend.
  • Use the complete guide included in download for step by step help
icon-ledian.png
Bugs
  • Talking to trainers post-battle sometimes will bring up empty bubbles, ignore.
  • Have at least two Pokemon in your team for Viola or the game will crash
026.png
Changelog
  • 1.4 - The following pokemon have had their typings reverted
    • Vulpix, Ninetales, Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, elekid, electabuzz, electivire, magby, magmar, magmortar, chikorita, bayleef, Sunflora, Dunsparce, Sceptile, whismus, loudred, exploud, absol, huntail, gorebyss, buneary ,finneon, lumineon, phione, manaphy, shaymin, purrloin, liepard, deerling, sawsbuck, goomy, sliggoo, goodra
  • Fennekin, Braixen & Delphox ability has been changed to Regenerator/Magic Guard
  • Blastoise learns flash cannon at level 39
  • Fixed low level Flare battles in The pokefactory + Fixed high level grunt outside the powerplant
  • Removed most flare rotation/triple battles
  • Added 10% of encountering pikachu on route 7 (yellow flowers)
This looks great! Could I use Luma3DS to patch it with a European version of the game?

zxcman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
This might have been asked before, but I couldn't really find the answer on google, so here I ask.

Suppose two people with 2 3dses have Neo X installed in one and Neo Y installed in another, were they to battle, would the Pokemon they use have the modified stats and types or the vanilla game's stats and types? Same with moves, naturally.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This looks great! Could I use Luma3DS to patch it with a European version of the game?

In my experience, the 3ds Pokemon games are region-free, which means that all regions use the same game files, so it stands to reason that it would work with the European version of the game without the need of any additional alternations.

ntd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I just use the Luma romf game patching can I go online with this? Or would I have to create an updated cia for myself? If so has someone somewhere explained how to do that?

Gloryddd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I dump the files it dumps it to a .cxi file. Is this cause I'm using an Old 3DS XL?
Edit: Never Mind. I just installed an old Version of Brain dump. Its now dumping and hopefully this works.

Last edited by Gloryddd,

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. If I get around to actually doing this god-awful install, I'll send them a patch for both versions.

hey did you create that ips patch? i just need SOMETHING simple enough to patch with. this install is disgustingly all over the place. i have godmode9, luma, etc. rutle ruby/star saphire and supernova sun/penumbra moon were 100x easier. going back to this in 2018 is crazy right now... please help.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey did you create that ips patch? i just need SOMETHING simple enough to patch with. this install is disgustingly all over the place. i have godmode9, luma, etc. rutle ruby/star saphire and supernova sun/penumbra moon were 100x easier. going back to this in 2018 is crazy right now... please help.
actually, In the end, I couldn't even get the patch to work. I think it had something to do with texture changes, but I was never sure.

Alexkid935

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like most of the links with the exception of the download are broken. On another note, all of these guides are for homebrew, but is there an easier way for someone who has full unlocked CFW? or am i missing something in the guide?

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like most of the links with the exception of the download are broken. On another note, all of these guides are for homebrew, but is there an easier way for someone who has full unlocked CFW? or am i missing something in the guide?
layered fs

Sam1710

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Escuse me, does anyone know where can I find a shed shell to evolve Karrablast? Scraggy is no longer a horde encounter, so I dont know where to look.

hapse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a tip, try using Luma's layerfs, it works so nice and you don't have to edit the game files etc, just copy the hack files to your sd

hapse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So after spending some hours learning how to decrypt and extract a .cia and learning how to use pk3ds and scouring every damn file to figure out which one it was I had to change, I finally figured out how to change the "is about to send in a Pokémon. Will you switch your Pokémon?" back so you can see which pokemon trainers are about to send into battle...

The file was /a/0/7/4
In pk3DS it was "Game text" -> Text file 124 -> Line 21
The hacked line was:
[VAR 010E(0000)] [VAR TRNAME(0001)] is\nabout to send in a Pokémon.\r\nWill you switch your Pokémon?​
The original line was:
[VAR 010E(0000)] [VAR TRNAME(0001)] is\nabout to send in [VAR PKNICK(0002)].\r\nWill you switch your Pokémon?
I have uploaded the file where the only thing that is changed it this. I really hope someone can use this, because it took quite some hours :D

Attachments

• a.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 214
Reactions: d4mation

Bristlefrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the easiest way to install Neo Y with homebrew, and NOT a Gateway cart? all the links are down. i just want to play this hack, but currently cannot. Help, please? i'm using a modded regular 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE