Pokémon Bank questions

R4ismychildhood

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. According to https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Bank, "On February 16, 2022, due to the discontinuation of the Nintendo 3DS eShop on March 27, 2023, it was announced that Pokémon Bank would become free to use on this date (though it is only available to users who downloaded the application prior to the eShop discontinuation).", making Pokémon Bank a perpetuual free option to transfer Pokémon intra-game.

I am not a very "specific" player (i.e. max IV, max EV, shiny etc) but I do need to make some intra-game transfers. I need to trade Pokémon between X and Alpha Sapphire, as according to Smogon moveset my Red Florges need Synthesis, my Slurpuff needs Drain Punch, and my Sylveon needs Hyper Voice; these are all X Pokémon that needs to be traded to Alpha Sapphire to be tutored and traded back to X to be a "battle facility-ready" Pokémon.

GTS self-trade (one console) is not an option, as these three are not seen in the main game in Alpha Sapphire; hence the trick to deposit a common Pokémon in Alpha Sapphire, then use the actual Pokémon from X to trade doesn't work, as only seen Pokémon can be reqeusted on GTS.

I don't wanna bother other people and I try to "legally" (not in terms of hacking the device, but hacking the game so won't consider PKSM) use the most "official" way to deal with these trade tutoring by myself.

I also don't want to export and import the game save of either X or Alpha Sapphire to another 3DS as I do have multiple homebrew 3DSes but I prefer to keep all games on my main console; I feel like it will "stain" the trading data on the Pokémon, and it would be considered an "illegal" way.

So I finally got the CIA for Pokémon Bank and the 1.2 update, but when I enter the software it says "Error Code: 022-1021 There is no Nintendo Network ID linked to this system. To Link a Nintendo Netowrk ID, go to Nintendo Network ID Settings in System Settings."

I always stay away from NNID as I feel like it's one of those things that is irreversible and can mess up the "link" with the console to the Nintendo Server, causing problems. Here's my questions:

1) As now I already have Pokémon 1.2, currently is it still possible to link an NNID to make my "self-trade" work?
2) Is it worth it linking the NNID (risks messing up the console) compared to bothering people to help me to "trade-tutor"?
3) Can we remove the NNID and will there be irreversible consequences?
4) Would you recommend to leave the NNID linked and why?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 345422001_1524692384731920_1855213683766623393_n.jpg
    345422001_1524692384731920_1855213683766623393_n.jpg
    634.1 KB · Views: 69
Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

pichuluv84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: It is possible to make an NNID, The server plugs havent been pulled yet.
2: Yes, It is worth it, There are no risks of the NNID messing up your console in any way.
3: Yes, You can remove it through GodMode9, This does require a hack though, Hacks are unavailable for 11.17 unless you are on 11.16 and less, Or have something that you can use with the hacking through the guide,
4: I would recommend leaving the NNID linked to the 3ds since some services use it and it is sometimes critical to an NNID, like rverse. If you ever region change the 3DS, unlink the 3ds NNID and then relink the NNID that you have configured to your region on the 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto