Not open for further replies.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia

Is... Is it possible? Can... Can I finally be relevant!?!

This isn't perfect, but I don't have the tools to make it perfect. Is this adequate?

USKQroS.png

3E2GYZW.png

I suppose I can try to learn photoshop more to make it better.

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
More clear explanation of viola bug :P
I had a fainted and an alive pokemon, then I started viola gym battle. In battle, both alive and fainted pokemon appeared. Also it said "Go! Fletchling and Vivillon!" (Vivillon was fainted). Fainted pokemon's hp bar and name didn't show up (only pokemon appearance showed) and game simply acted like he wasn't there. I couldn't use the fainted pokemon and enemy couldn't aim that pokemon. This can probably happen in every double battle.

Also there is another visual bug that I forgot to mention;
In a rotation battle with npc in overworld, sometimes a small green hill in background visually overlaps opposing pokemon. I don't know if you can fix this but still making you know. This bug is probably available in the original game but you can't encounter it since there is no rotation battle in overworld.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Noctosphere Turns out the problem was more annoying that I thought, I had to go through the text and add all the symbols manually! I've uploaded a new version with the same name which should have it fixed (they better be lol)

ll0rT Thanks for clearing that up :) I've set up the roller skater to tell the player they should have at least 2 ready pokemon in order to face Viola. I imagine it's only happening here due to how normally double battles don't happen till later on. As for the rotation battle bug there's not much I can do about it except switching them to double battles - is it worth it or is it bad?

Ericzander It works but I think text changes and maybe more are overruled. It's best to uninstall patches and rebuild your rom with this so it won't crash.

Reactions: Ericzander

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Understood, so THAT'S what you meant by not playing online, I got you. If I get the urge, I'll either trade them over to AS/OR or I'll just use PKhex to put them in.

You're doing God's work my friend.

Edit: Once it's time for me to get it all running, I'll probably make a video about how to set it all up for people who need a visual representation.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Understood, so THAT'S what you meant by not playing online, I got you. If I get the urge, I'll either trade them over to AS/OR or I'll just use PKhex to put them in.

You're doing God's work my friend.

Edit: Once it's time for me to get it all running, I'll probably make a video about how to set it all up for people who need a visual representation.

Yeah that's what I was attempting to convey I just did an awful job of it hahhaa
Thanks man ^_^ Edit reply to your edit comment lol: That would be great!

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Yeah that's what I was attempting to convey I just did an awful job of it hahhaa
Thanks man ^_^ Edit reply to your edit comment lol: That would be great!

Okay I didn't start doing it yet, but I see the custom installer reference sheet. Lets say that I only want trainer battles and plot. Would that mean I'd go into the lite folder and delete everything except for:
Trainer battles: 0/3/8, 0/4/0
Plot: 0/8/2 (Game text: 0/7/4)

And then patch the lite version?

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay I didn't start doing it yet, but I see the custom installer reference sheet. Lets say that I only want trainer battles and plot. Would that mean I'd go into the lite folder and delete everything except for:
Trainer battles: 0/3/8, 0/4/0
Plot: 0/8/2 (Game text: 0/7/4)

And then patch the lite version?

Not quite, it's even more simple that that. Go into the full/lite folder and copy & paste the plot and battle files from there into your own romfs folder in the correct 'a' folder.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Not quite, it's even more simple that that. Go into the full/lite folder and copy & paste the plot and battle files from there into your own romfs folder in the correct 'a' folder.

Hm.. But with the patcher it only asks if you want the full or the lite? According to the written guide anyway unless it's become outdated. So what exactly would I end up copying and where would I paste it? Also, does this only work for .3ds/z or is .cia possible?

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm.. But with the patcher it only asks if you want the full or the lite? According to the written guide anyway unless it's become outdated. So what exactly would I end up copying and where would I paste it? Also, does this only work for .3ds/z or is .cia possible?

To custom install you wouldn't be using the patcher. You'd be manually copying the files from the download and pasting them into the romfs folder from your own decrypted rom. It should for for CIA but I personally haven't tried it.

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Oh oh ohhhh. Gotcha. When I make the video I'll show them that. So if they wanted to do everything without using the patcher they'd just copy everything in the 0 folder (after the 'a'). It looks like SciresM's tool only works for .3ds files so maybe .cia isn't possible. And it looks like the link to asia81's pack hack is broken, or it keeps timing out whenever I try to visit the link. Should it be reuploaded or maybe only I have the issue.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah that's what you would do. There is a way to rebuild cia I think but I haven't looked into it. Here is the packhack: Download

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Much appreciated. It looks like it is possible to rebuild a cia from following Asia81's guide but that section is a WIP and is way too confusing to put into a video that an average user can understand. And it's probably not the smartest idea to have a cia of a hacked game. So .3ds it is!

Reactions: Flintiex

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
.cia is not for the full game, but just for all edited files.
I have already sucessfully rebuild a CIA Patch, but i can't see my change in game...
It's better to share a 50mb patch instead of the full rom

Oh, and the banner.bin icon.bin
http://jheberg.net/captcha/banner-icon/

So if I used this patch on a .3DS file and then converted it to a .CIA, I wouldn't be able to see the changes?

Energygamer3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay here is where my progress is I was following this guide and I got to the part where the romfs.bin should have been created but then it says something about the wrong key and it all shuts down can anyone help? I am using pokemon Y if that makes any difference I was using my original 3ds (small one) on firmware 4.2 I also used the below 7.X folder instead of the above 7.X folder I had 5 XORPADS when I was done and everything seemed to go okay please help me out haha I could really use it :)

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
okay here is where my progress is I was following this guide and I got to the part where the romfs.bin should have been created but then it says something about the wrong key and it all shuts down can anyone help? I am using pokemon Y if that makes any difference I was using my original 3ds (small one) on firmware 4.2 I also used the below 7.X folder instead of the above 7.X folder I had 5 XORPADS when I was done and everything seemed to go okay please help me out haha I could really use it :)

Use this guide and this set of tools it'll make things a lot easier

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I'm following the guide that is included with the patch and got to "Double-click on RomHackingProcess.bat."

Except, I don't see that in the folder that you uploaded. There are a bunch of .bat files, but not that one.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm following the guide that is included with the patch and got to "Double-click on RomHackingProcess.bat."

Except, I don't see that in the folder that you uploaded. There are a bunch of .bat files, but not that one.

Maybe I have uploaded the wrong one, give me 5 minutes

EDIT: Here is the updated version (same name but updated)

Use this tutorial and scroll down to part 2

Ericzander

Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Okay as I go through this, I'm editing the guide because it seems a bit incomplete... So when running the HackingToolkit.bat and it says "Saving RomFS..." at the end, should I exit it? It looks like the three files were created.

Edit: Nope, just not done yet. Jeez this'll be hard to make a video about. But if I can make the guide more dummy-proof I'll feel like I contributed.

Reactions: Flintiex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright