Not open for further replies.

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk, if its already answered but: Can I play this hack with my n3DS MH4U 9.5 / GW 3.2.1, too? I have lot of experience in hacking but I'm not sure about this. The last hack I played was on the old 3DS XL and it was my first try to rebuild some new Mega Evolutions and its about 3-4 months ago.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Idk, if its already answered but: Can I play this hack with my n3DS MH4U 9.5 / GW 3.2.1, too? I have lot of experience in hacking but I'm not sure about this. The last hack I played was on the old 3DS XL and it was my first try to rebuild some new Mega Evolutions and its about 3-4 months ago.

If you haven't updated your 3ds you should do yeah :)

Traiver

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, Sysnand stays on 9.2 and Emunand on 9.5. I can't update my 3DS cause there is no 9.7 emunand for Gateway users, yet. But thanks bud for the information :)

The only reason to ask you was, that I'm not sure if it's possible to decrypt and rebuild roms only with the n3DS.

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
Here goes some bug reports:
It froze after the first team flare grunt finished his talk before battling, with that fancy pose :P
Note that this only froze the game itself. After I press power button, game shut down immediately. Tried again and it completely froze the console.

Other minor bugs are:
-When I interact with some trainers that I battled, it freezes for about 2 secs and a blank speech box appears.
-In route 9, the sky trainer's Aerodactyl has no moves, uses struggle.
-I began the Viola gym battle with only one non-fainted pokemon and other fainted pokemon's model appeared as well. Don't know if happens in all double battles.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Here goes some bug reports:
It froze after the first team flare grunt finished his talk before battling, with that fancy pose :P
Note that this only froze the game itself. After I press power button, game shut down immediately. Tried again and it completely froze the console.
This was me trying to make trainer horde battles like ORAS but I've gotten the trainer AI number wrong.

Other minor bugs are:
-When I interact with some trainers that I battled, it freezes for about 2 secs and a blank speech box appears. No idea what's causing this lol
-In route 9, the sky trainer's Aerodactyl has no moves, uses struggle. Fixed!
-I began the Viola gym battle with only one non-fainted pokemon and other fainted pokemon's model appeared as well. Don't know if happens in all double battles. What do you mean by this?

Thanks for the feedback! I've fixed them apart from the weird blank speech bubble that one has thrown me. V1.08 - Download

Also, due to how flare grunts are not specifically named in PK3DS I may have made an error much later into the game and given a grunt an underlevelled team. if anyone plays this far let me know if you come across him/her and tell me their team :wink:

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: Flintiex

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to play XY before to play this ... but I want to play it lololo I'm very curious xD

hey I was thinking here.... would you like to use my logo translation? just to get out the main stream :B you can edit the way youw ant, just don't clain as your own and stuff
http://sliter.deviantart.com/art/Pocket-Monsters-XY-logo-translation-467058137
(yay self propaganda lol)

That logo is really cool wow! Do you think you could design the word 'Neo' into it so it could be the front page banner? (Full credit will be awarded to you of course)

EDIT: Anyone on 1.07 needs to update to 1.08 before the first team flare grunt battle

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That logo is really cool wow! Do you think you could design the word 'Neo' into it so it could be the front page banner? (Full credit will be awarded to you of course)

EDIT: Anyone on 1.07 needs to update to 1.08 before the first team flare grunt battle

Right, do you want it like in your logo? if you have a good quality image there would help XD

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah like a logo. if you wanted to make it the logo on the actual 3ds it needs to be size of 256x128

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a little bit confused now. Why is there a difference between getting it on emuNAND 9.5 and emuNAND 9.7?

There's not lol now I am confusing myself. Basically, the lite version SHOULD work fine online but the Full version won't for some pokemon if they have new moves the game will reject as illegal. If you're able to play online currently, you should be able to play online with NeoXY fine as long as your pokemons moveset are the same as the original when you're going into a wifi battle. Trading between NeoXY games should also be fine.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok so let me see if I got this straight:

I downloaded 1.08.
If I want to add just Wild Encounters, I should simply copy the folder 0/1/2 into the romfs, right?
Does it make a difference if I copy it from the Full or Lite versions?

So far, I would like to customize my ROM with the following:
  • Evolutions
  • Mega Balls
  • Wild encounters
So that means I would only need to copy 2/1/5 (Evos), 2/1/6 (Mega testicles), 0/1/2 (Wild encounters), right? From which of the two patches? Full or lite?
And I wanted to ask you about the updated items, what changes are included in that one? (Since I couldn't see any .txt referencing that change)

Thanks again! :D

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
There's not lol now I am confusing myself. Basically, the lite version SHOULD work fine online but the Full version won't for some pokemon if they have new moves the game will reject as illegal. If you're able to play online currently, you should be able to play online with NeoXY fine as long as your pokemons moveset are the same as the original when you're going into a wifi battle. Trading between NeoXY games should also be fine.
Okay, I'll probably wait for the customization version, but I'll jump in on this. I'll probably end up trading the legit pokes to AS/OR and playing online from there. Should be safe.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so let me see if I got this straight:

I downloaded 1.08.
If I want to add just Wild Encounters, I should simply copy the folder 0/1/2 into the romfs, right?
Does it make a difference if I copy it from the Full or Lite versions?

So far, I would like to customize my ROM with the following:
  • Evolutions
  • Mega Balls
  • Wild encounters
So that means I would only need to copy 2/1/5 (Evos), 2/1/6 (Mega testicles), 0/1/2 (Wild encounters), right? From which of the two patches? Full or lite?

And I wanted to ask you about the updated items, what changes are included in that one? (Since I couldn't see any .txt referencing that change)

Thanks again! :D

Yeah that's correct! Although I think wild encounters and trainers really should go together because the wilds level curve is parallel to how strong the upgraded trainers are. But yes that's how you do it!

And also items have no changes that's just been carried over from the earliest versions but installing it has no impact I'll remove it for the next update :)

Ericzander The newest version has a reference sheet so you can easily custom install

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah that's correct! Although I think wild encounters and trainers really should go together because the wilds level curve is parallel to how strong the upgraded trainers are. But yes that's how you do it!

And also items have no changes that's just been carried over from the earliest versions but installing it has no impact I'll remove it for the next update :)

Ericzander The newest version has a reference sheet so you can easily custom install
Good, so I wasn't lost at all. :)
What about the full/lite versions?
Which one should I use to copy the folders to the romfs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: lol