ROM Hack Pokemon Neo X & Neo Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, great game, funny text also. I hope there are sex references and other dirty jokes in the game. The save option seems quite slow and buggy with the music, but it works. I was wondering if it is possible to use pkhex editor with this hack?

Thanks - though not sure about the slowdown and music do you mean every time you go to save it takes a while? Yeah you should be able to use pkhex although haven't tried it myself.

DarkCain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, and for the pkhex editor, I don't know why, but it didn't worked...the import of the edited save was OK, but nothing when I opened the game.

If someone can try pkhex editor and say back if it works for them, that will be appreciated.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, and for the pkhex editor, I don't know why, but it didn't worked...the import of the edited save was OK, but nothing when I opened the game.

If someone can try pkhex editor and say back if it works for them, that will be appreciated.

It's working fine with my own AlphaSapphire Hack

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Flintiex

Look the beginning of the game with the sound from a GBA version of Saphir.

!! The banner is just as awesome as the music:bow:

Version 1.25 is out!
Massive clean ups have been made in terms of level ups and re-edits have been made. The starting dialogue has been further edited and a massive amount of errors/bugs have been corrected! We also have thanks to mg1189 a complete full set visual polished documentation so do have a read through them all! Definitely update to this version. Head to the front page to download :)

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
!! The banner is just as awesome as the music:bow:

Version 1.25 is out!
Massive clean ups have been made in terms of level ups and re-edits have been made. The starting dialogue has been further edited and a massive amount of errors/bugs have been corrected! We also have thanks to mg1189 a complete full set visual polished documentation so do have a read through them all! Definitely update to this version. Head to the front page to download :)

i made the logo, and the gba banner is by apach thunder

mg1189

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How would i update my game and still keep my savefile I have on this game?

You're not the first one to ask, so I figured I would write a little tutorial how to backup and restore a save when using Gateway. I use this method, and it works quite well for me. :) If you're using PastaCFW, I'm not sure if you can use this tutorial, since I've never used PastaCFW.

Requirements:
  • Savedatafiler.cia (Google is your best friend!)
  • You need to know how to install CIAs in your EmuNAND.
Tutorial:
  1. Start up your Gateway EmuNAND.
  2. Install Savedatafiler.cia.
  3. Open the Gateway Menu and "insert" Pokémon Neo X/Y. (Skip, if you have Neo X/Y installed as a CIA.)
  4. Don't launch the game, instead open SaveDataFiler.
  5. You should have a menu on your bottom screen with three tabs (User, Ext, SD) and a list of items down below starting with CTR Card. Make sure you've chosen CTR Card and press Y and confirm. This will export the save data to your SD Card. (If you have Neo X/Y installed as CIA, instead choose 0055D for X or 0055E for Y.)
  6. Next, hold R and press Y and confirm. This will export the secure value to the SD card. Later, if you don't import the secure value, the save will appear as corrupted, so don't forget this.
  7. Now that your save file is backed up, turn off your 3DS and replace the old ROM with the newest version.
  8. Start up your Gateway EmuNAND once again, "insert" Pokémon Neo X/Y and start up the game, so the initial save file is generated.
  9. When the game prompts you to choose a language, press the Home Button, close the game and open SaveDataFiler.
  10. Press left once, so the SD tab is chosen. You should see something like this:
    Code:
    user   : 20150530 120957 : 0000055e
    secure : 20150530 121001 : 00000000
  11. Choose the user entry, hold L and press A and confirm. This will import this save file to the inserted cartridge, in this case Neo X/Y. (If you have Neo X/Y installed as CIA, just press A, don't hold L.)
  12. Next, choose the secure entry, press A and confirm. This will import the secure value, so the save should not appear as corrupted now.
  13. When everything is finished, press the Home Button, close SaveDataFiler and start up Pokémon Neo X/Y.
  14. The save file should be successfully restored now.
  15. Enjoy!
Note: I'm not responsible for any damage caused by following this tutorial. Always make sure to backup your NAND/game in case something goes wrong.

EDIT: You cannot transfer a save from a ROM version to CIA version and vice versa. They are not compatible unfortunately.

Last edited by mg1189,

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@mg1189 Thanks for taking the time to do that - I packaged that post into pdf and uploaded with 1.26 is that alright?

For anyone wondering 1.26 makes just a few pokemon edits and move edits (Fairy wind now BP 50, Lunar Pound now BP 55)

Reactions: Melon__Bread

Flintiex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Moved up the version number to Version 1.3 as the hack has officially become a 721 complete hack so you are able to catch every single pokemon in one playthrough. Apart from any later text typos I consider the hack to be complete, for now :wink:

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From 1.21 and 1.3 how much of a difference is there for the wild encounters you said?

mg1189

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From 1.21 and 1.3 how much of a difference is there for the wild encounters you said?
Mainly, in 1.3 you are now able to obtain all 721 Pokémon, and encounters were adjusted for that. Before 1.3 some Pokémon species were unobtainable. (except for Friend Safari in some cases)

Places, where encounters were changed: Route 4, Route 5, Route 7, Route 8, Route 10, Route 11, Route 13, Route 20, Route 21, Terminus Cave, Victory Road.

Cha0tic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mainly, in 1.3 you are now able to obtain all 721 Pokémon, and encounters were adjusted for that. Before 1.3 some Pokémon species were unobtainable. (except for Friend Safari in some cases)

Places, where encounters were changed: Route 4, Route 5, Route 7, Route 8, Route 10, Route 11, Route 13, Route 20, Route 21, Terminus Cave, Victory Road.

Thanks for that, seems worth the update. Will get on that soon.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So v1.3 now enables all 721 pokemon to be caught in-game? :O
YAY! Good thing work over-saturated me so I could wait a little bit more. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Have fun at Psi's.