Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Razma said:
TyRaNtM said:
Without the fix, how much events you can do after freezes?

Without less. I really haven't tried it out before, but I just did with the Sonic's extinfo and infolib from yesterday and were the famous 26 times.

Are you sure that you are not using a patched rom, and a clean one?

Razma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
TyRaNtM said:
Yes, that's why I asked if someone else had the some problem as me. Now I counted the times I could get in and out of the house more carefully and were 72.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Razma said:
TyRaNtM said:
Yes, that's why I asked if someone else had the some problem as me. Now I counted the times I could get in and out of the house more carefully and were 72.

Yeah.. i tested and i have the same problem.
I think is something in extinfo.dat, about the ID.

Razma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
No problem. Keep up the good work guys, you are almost there.
smile.gif

pablitomm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
TyRaNtM said:
Razma said:
TyRaNtM said:

Yeah.. i tested and i have the same problem.
I think is something in extinfo.dat, about the ID.

frown.gif

So close, keep it up !!

(also, ill probably need (im guessing i wont be the only one) some kind of tutorial step-by-step thing to get this to work
tongue.gif
preferably in the EUR version)

Arkanell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
<
ph34r.gif
>
Code:
1C 00 9F E5 00 10 90 E5 18 20 9F E5 02 00 51 E1
72 10 A0 03 08 10 C0 05 8E 10 A0 03 C4 10 C0 05
1E FF 2F E1 A0 F0 25 02 34 5D 09 E0 

02000A18
38 FE FF EA 

021E5B77
E0

pablitomm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Pong20302000 said:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=218...p;#entry2715727

well the bottom bit of the code may have caused freezing for some peoples so i added it

this is also more up to date than this and hopefully supporting (E) now to
tongue.gif

So i downloaded this, replaced the files, and used this patch: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217964 on a clean EUR rom. Should that work ?

EDIT: NOPE, still freezes
frown.gif
froze on me going to mr.pokemon house when i got out of the bag after using a potion. fuck. (maybe its because of the EU rom ?)

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
OP
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Wanderer509 said:
i dled beta v5.0 of the fix with all 3 files. makes the game much more playable, but still freezes.

great work guys!

And compared with the patched version?
(We need to know if the extinfo.dat is doing the same as the patched version or something is wrong).

Wanderer509

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TyRaNtM said:
Wanderer509 said:
i dled beta v5.0 of the fix with all 3 files. makes the game much more playable, but still freezes.

great work guys!

(We need to know if the extinfo.dat is doing the same as the patched version or something is wrong).

i never tried the patch version, so cant say

BUT, its major improvement over previous no patch support. for reference my heartgold save is just finish getting 4th badge

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
great job Pong for adding to extinfo.dat,and Arkanell for the guide.
@Pong we had different views on extinfo yesterday,I understood what you meant yesterday lol
tongue.gif
,I was looking at the AR part,while you were looking in the hex window part

Also this is great and all,but there's still 1 problem,without a direct patch,this means nothing

Razma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
TyRaNtM said:
Wanderer509 said:

great work guys!

With those files and a clean SoulSilver (USA) I had the same problems as I had with the ones you uploaded earlier (72 events and then freezed).

Now I'm using those files (the last ones Pong20302000 uploaded) but with the patched version posted here and I'm playing without problems (played like 1 hour including entering your house lots of times XD).
Hope that helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!