Current Version: v0.4.7.6 (Download)
(Mirror #1, Mirror #2)
Last updated on 4/15/2019
This is a ROM hack of Pokemon Heart Gold which aims to remake the classic game Pokémon Red. Dialogue is taken from the Gameboy Advance versions (Fire Red & Leaf Green) however there are no plans to include the Sevii Islands like there are in those games. I will be trying to make this similar to the original, but with the DS's features. This way the ROM can be used as a base for others to start their own hack.
There will be a Soul Blue version released once this is close enough to completion and I also plan on making a Yellow version once Heart Red & Soul Blue have been finished.
- Updated type chart (Fairy type)
- 493 Pokemon
- Pokemon follow you
- Classic GameBoy game in DS style graphics, with touchscreen
- Day & Night Cycle
- ORAS mini-icons
- 4 Gym Badges
- 4 Rival Battles
- 4 In-Game trades
- Correct Trainer battles
- Day Care (with breeding)
- Many (some WIP) scripted events (Mt Moon, Bill's House, S.S. Anne ect..)
- Running Shoes & Bike are obtainable
The archive below contains the patch and the patching program (xdelta).
This must be applied to a Pokemon Heart Gold (U) ROM.
File: "Pokemon - HeartGold Version (USA) (Xenophobia).nds" or "Pokemon - HeartGold Version (4787) (US).nds" MD5: ae2a483d0a5e8130d39f44f41a86df57 SHA-1: 30793e274fb4c7ba070ae226edbdfe355504b1f5
- Pokemon Heart Red v0.4.7.6.zip (Mirror #1, Mirror #2) (Latest)
- Pokemon Heart Red v0.4.7.5.zip (Mirror)
- Pokemon Heart Red v0.4.7.4.zip (Mirror)
- Pokemon Heart Red v0.4.7.3.zip (Mirror)
- Pokemon Heart Red v0.4.7.2.zip
Recommended Emulators: DeSmuME, DraStic (Android/phone)
Also works on Flash carts.
- What are you going to do about Mt Moon and Cinnabar Island since they look different in HG compared to Red/Blue?
- For now, I'm going to leave as is. When the hack progresses further I plan on using a map editor to make them look like the originals.
- Will you be expanding the pokedex?
- I hope so.
- Can we go to Johto?
- I will probably make a separate version once the ROM is complete which opens up the area (maybe with a story). I also want to look into the possibility of adding Sinnoh as a 3rd region.
- Can now travel to Celadon City through Route 7.
- Celadon Gym is open and you can obtain the 4th badge after beating Erika.
- Coin Case can be obtained in Celadon City.
- Snorlax is blocking on Route 16.
- Custom intro graphics (Thanks to Hiro_TDK)
- Touchscreen graphics changed from green to blue.
- Fixed an issue where some indoor maps had white textures.
- Can now pass through Rock Tunnel (with trainer battles) to reach Lavender Town.
- Route 8 complete with trainers.
- Route 12 below Lavender Town is complete with trainers.
- Snorlax now blocks the rest of Route 12.
- Mega Punch can no longer be learned multiple times.
- Empty pokeball slots on Oak's table no longer have a message.
- Lyra has been partially replaced with Leaf.
- Gender Selection screen now has proper Red/Leaf sprites.
- Red's sprite is now shown when using HMs/swimming.
- Nidoran is now shown instead of Marill on the intro.
- ROM icon replaced with a red one.
- Fixed Flashcart compatability.
- Can get Flash from Prof Oak's aide on Route 2.
- Moon Stone & Hp Up added on Route 2.
- Wild Encounters updated on Routes 4, 5, 6, 11, 24 & 25.
- Prof. Oak's last Pokemon now stays on the table throughout the game.
- Various NPC improvements.
- Fixed the movesets of many trainers.
- Fixed a crash on the S.S Anne.
- Fixed a bug where a NPC would teach you Mega Kick.
- Fixed checksum error when patching.
- Fixed a bug where Bill would disappear later on in game.
- Fixed a bug where the item on Route 25 would reset when reloading your save.
- Fixed a freeze that could happen on Flash Cart.
- Old man can now be seen in Viridian after the Pokemon catching tutorial.
- Minor cutscene improvements.
- Fairy Type implemented.
- ORAS mini-icons added.
- Can get Dream Eater in Viridian once you get Cut.
- S.S Anne is closed once you get HM01.
- Can no longer revive fossils in Pewter City.
- Removed Sacred Ash from Route 2.
- Fixed a bug where Brock would disappear when you progress further in game.
- Many NPCs and their dialogue updated.
- Cutscene improvements.
- Route 9 now open with correct trainer battles & items.
- You are given a potion when starting a new game.
- Replaced the Old Man's Marill with Nidoran on Route 2.
- Many dialogue and cutscene fixes and improvements.
- You can now re-battle your rival when losing to him in Cerulean.
- Item on Route 45 now removes when acquiring.
- Pokemon Trainers in Vermillion Gym now have correct moves.
- Implemented a new logo on the title screen.
- Bicycle available from Cerulean Bike Shop.
- Trade Spearow for a Farfetch'd in Vermillion.
- Fixed a freeze in Vermillion.
- Fixed a bug where you could do trades multiple times.
- Added correct NPC dialogue and Pokemon overworlds to Trainers club.
- Third badge now available from Vermillion Gym.
- Rival Battle on S.S Anne.
- Receive HM01 from Captain on S.S Anne.
- Added trainers with correct Pokemon on S.S Anne.
- Trade Abra for a Jynx on Route 2.
- Trade Nidoran(M) for a Nidoran(F) on Route 5.
- Added many NPCs with their dialogue.
- Removed item on Route 2.
- Blocked various entrances on Route 2.
- Removed the second shop keeper from marts.
- Script and dialogue fixes.
- Route 11 now has the correct trainers.
- Added Guard NPC to Route 11.
- Snorlax now blocking Route 12.
- Blocked Saffron City from Vermillion entrance.
- Script and dialogue fixes.
- ROM now runs on flash carts.
- Snorlax removed in Vermillion.
- Music in Pallet Town house corrected.
- Can now trigger Oak Parcel script from all directions.
- Script, sprite, and dialogue fixes.
- Fixed map when entering a house in pewter city.
- Day Care added on Route 5 (allows two pokemon).
- Event with Bill & the Teleporter scripted (WIP).
- Team Rocket event above bridge (R25) scripted.
- All Gym Statues now display your name when you beat them.
- Corrected Misty's Gym trainers location and pokemon.
- Trade with NPC in Cerulean implemented (Poliwhirl > Jynx).
- TM43 Added to Route 25.
- Hidden Rare Candy added to Cerulean City.
- More NPC and dialogue updates/fixes.
- Bike Shop dialogue implemented in Cerulean.
- Fixed a bug where your Rival wouldn't battle you in Cerulean if Bulbasaur was your starter.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't send you to Pokemon center if you lost the rival battle in cerulean.
- Can now see Kanto in Town Map.
- Misty's Gym is complete.
- Many NPC, sprite, and dialogue fixes.
- Pokemon follows you correctly in the scene on Route 2.
- Updated some Wild Encounters.
- Added NPC to Route 3.
- Removed extra trainer from Pewter City's Gym.
- Removed hidden items from Viridian Forest.
- Removed double battle trainers on Route 3.
- Removed Big Root from Route 3.
- Many sprites implemented for the main protagonist, including back sprite.
- Minor dialogue fixes.
- Prof. Oak now gives National Dex.
- You now spawn directly in your room in Pallet Town. No more warping from New Bark Town.
- You now respawn in your Pallet Town house upon losing a battle before reaching the first Pokemon Center.
- Mom recognizes gender.
- NPC in Viridian no longer gives Mystic Water and has correct dialogue.
- Trainer Tower removed.
- Pokeballs now available from Marts.
- PokeGear given at start.
- Intro graphics changed to Red.
- Rivals mugshot corrected.
- Saffron City blocked until tea is given.
- Route 5 blocked off until Cut.
- TM45 on Route 25.
- Added items to Viridian City & Forest.
- Third rival battle added (bridge).
- Cascade badge available after beating misty.
- Can now pick rivals name.
- Rival has correct battle sprite.
- Brock gives TM39 instead of TM80
- Heart Gold logo removed.
- Updated many NPCs to their correct sprites and dialog.
- New NPCs added.
- Daisy gives town map (Johto for now).
- Pokemon league blocked off.
- Fixed glitches that would occur after losing a rival battle.
- Fixed crash where the second rival battle would crash if Bulbasaur was your starter.
- Mom now heals your Pokemon.
- Parcel must now be delivered to Oak.
- NPCs and trainers added to Viridian Forest.
- Running shoes available.
- Added NPC on Route 1 that gives a Potion.
- When entering Mt. Moon it no longer says Union Cave.
- Second rival battle added (Route 22)
- Explanation battle implemented.
- All trainers on the cerulean city bridge (R24) to Mr. Pokemon's house (R25) have been added, with the correct Pokemon.
- Trainers all now have the correct Pokemon.
- Fixed much of the dialog.
- Fixed bug where oak wouldn't take you to get your first Pokemon.
- Initial version based on Chaos Rush's work.
Known Issues / To Do
- Trainers have the wrong dialogue & ask for phone number. - Pre-menu cinematic still shows johto in some parts. - Prof. Oak's coat should be white on the intro. - Red's PC should not have a mail from Lyra, but have a potion. - Mom References Elm when blacking out to Pallet Town. - Pokeball tutorial should show the Old Man. - Can't search Fairy type in the Pokedex. - Mt. Moon & Fossil Event need overhaul. - When try to learn mega kick and cancel, he references mega punch.
- Chaos Rush for creating the starter selection and first rival battle
- brtatu for creating various sprites for the protagonist
- Tebited15 for Leaf's overworld.
- INNERMOBIUS for Leaf's backsprite.
- Romruto for the ROM icon.
- BT for the logo.
- Hiro_TDK for the intro graphics.
- Devs of PPRE and SDSME
Last edited by ashinnblunts,