Gaming Please recomend me a good HDMI solution for my Wii.

HeavyMetalLoser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of moving my Wii to the 50" 4K TV in our living room. Problem is it doesn't have any Component inputs, so with my current equipment I can only get 480i over Composite. Uhg. Fuzzy, blurry, and terrible input lag.

So I'd like to have some recommendations on a good HDMI converter. Whether it plugs directly into the Wii or converts Component to HDMI doesn't matter to me as long as it gets a good quality 480p signal to the TV with minimal input lag.

Please try to keep it to around $30 or less, I know something like a Framemiester would do an absolutely amazing job, but it's way out of my price range, and I don't own nearly enough retro systems to justify such a purpose.

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii2hdmi is easy an inexpensive, but if you care about accuracy and don't mind tinkering, there's an internal hdmi mod that will provide the best results

Last edited by simbin,
Reactions: PrincessLillie

HeavyMetalLoser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use google and look for wii2hdmi adapter
I've looked that up and Amazon has a dozen different versions of it by different companies. Any particular model you'd recommend over the others? Some of them are labeled with things like "1080p" or "Full HD," do they actually do any upscaling, or do they just pass 480p over HDMI? If they do upscale is it any better than my TV's built-in scaler?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

The_Green_Nerd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The cheap stuff from ebay doesn't do upscaling only conversion from component to HDMI

The original one does indeed FullHD or HD-ready upscaling. And is pretty good. But if your TV has good scaling it isn't necessary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Were not sure about the next 30 minutes though +1