Hardware Anyone know of a good TV that fits my very specific and probably unnecessary needs?

Butterscotch_96

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please correct me if this is the wrong forum for this kind of post.

I have this whole shelf thing in my room with a TV on it. The thing is I have a Steam Deck, Nintendo Switch, Wii U, GameCube, Nintendo 64, and Possibly a Super Nintendo in the near future. I have to keep switching out cables and It gets annoying to do that instead of just selecting my input. So here are my requirements.

This is all the minimum. Can go higher than this.
  • 27 inches
  • 1080p
  • 3 HDMI ports
  • 3 sets of composite ports
Smart TV or not, doesn't really matter. Same with the price.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter if it's a "good TV" if you're inputting composite video. Except NES/Famicom (needs modding), all those retro systems will at least do S-video, which is pretty good. I still use S-video through a Framemeister for N64. Gamecube can do S-video or there are HDMI adapters (Retro-bit for example) if it's a DOL-101. SNES will output RGB (convertible to component) or S-video.

I know saying this makes me "that guy," but composite on a modern TV flat sucks. I've tried with my AV Famicom.

Fien

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not look for a used (second-hand) TV? That's the easiest (and cheapest) way to get a TV which still has multiple analog inputs.

I only have seconds-hand TV's just because of this.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not look for a used (second-hand) TV? That's the easiest (and cheapest) way to get a TV which still has multiple analog inputs.

I only have seconds-hand TV's just because of this.

OP isn't asking for used TV. He/She is just looking for specific size and certain amount of HDMI and Composite ports, which I don't see any 27 inch TV actually come with Composite and 3 HDMI ports. Not sure looking in used pile would help, not a lot of people buy 27 inch tv.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With modern new flat tvs you'd get one composite input if at all, no more than that.
As for hdmi ports you could always get an hdmi splitter or switcher, just make sure they're good quality and some generic Chinese knockoffs they can be hazardous.
As for the composite input, you have many options you could go with all digital/hdmi but that requires hardmodding those Retro systems, if it's not an option you could go with S-video or scart, and that means you'd need a separate scart switcher (since most tvs don't have neither scart or component inputs these days), and another upscaler (like the OSSC) in order to connect to the tv with clean hdmi signal. Just my opinion.
You could go with any option you want, and you don't have to spend a fortune on cables and upscalers to get a decent setup, just know what you're looking for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning