Homebrew PKSM - a complete portable Pokemon Save Manager with integrated bank

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It isn't a cart, but if it supports installs, then me downloading the CIA through FBI shouldn't be a problem, right?
Even when I tried my Pearl cart, that's when it would crash. But nothing loads otherwise or shows any files.
Unless I am COMPLETELY missing something, which could be very possible.

Well, Pearl is fourth Gen, maybe it doesn't support games so old?

Heart Gold and Soul Silver are supported at least.

Alternatively nuke your install of PKSM and install again, maybe there was an error with the download of the online files.

Rheinoceros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Heart Gold and Soul Silver are supported at least.

Alternatively nuke your install of PKSM and install again, maybe there was an error with the download of the online files.

Yeah, I have done that a few times, but to no avail. Again, maybe I am just doing something wrong or didn't do something right in the first place.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really hard to find out what it is... For me, Idk but maybe one of the real big brains will help you
Haha, it's ok my man. I appreciate the effort anyways, since your brain seems to be much bigger with this stuff anyways. I appreciate your interest and help.

Reactions: CrazyMaxx

LaytonesqueActivity

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I encountered some issues with using Gen 3 games with PKSM (FireRed specifically).
A Pokemon I generated seemed to crash the game if put into battle or if it's summary was viewed (Summary just softlocked to a magenta screen) Though, I was able to circumvent this by just downloading a Pokemon and editing it to my tastes instead.
Also, trying to edit the amount of items in the bag didn't particularly play nice either, trying to set to 1 instead set the number to roughly 9091, with the + and - buttons instead spitting out random particularly long numbers.
I know the Gen 3 compatibility is relatively recent but it seems like it's still a little wobbly in places.
That or I missed some note that that they were still in work, or I hit the wrong button or something... :unsure:

Everything else works fantastic with all the other games though! :D

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I encountered some issues with using Gen 3 games with PKSM (FireRed specifically).
A Pokemon I generated seemed to crash the game if put into battle or if it's summary was viewed (Summary just softlocked to a magenta screen) Though, I was able to circumvent this by just downloading a Pokemon and editing it to my tastes instead.
Also, trying to edit the amount of items in the bag didn't particularly play nice either, trying to set to 1 instead set the number to roughly 9091, with the + and - buttons instead spitting out random particularly long numbers.
I know the Gen 3 compatibility is relatively recent but it seems like it's still a little wobbly in places.
That or I missed some note that that they were still in work, or I hit the wrong button or something... :unsure:

Everything else works fantastic with all the other games though! :D

Eh why use Gen 3 anyway? Want to fake having a Pokemon transfered from 3 gen to gen 4?

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can we edit non-shinies pokemons,and make they turn into shinies??

Like edit our own regular pokemon stats but just make then shiny??

86houdini

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just spent a good 6 hours creating each fully evolved Pokemon, complete with Smogon movesets (and some fun ones!) in Pokemon Heartgold. Now I'm playing Pokemon Battle Revolution with friends and it's amazing, it's the best couch multiplayer Pokemon experience you can have.

This app is one of the best Homebrew apps I've seen, it's extremely easy to use, very well designed and good looking interface. My only ideas for improvement, I'd like to see actual images of the Pokemon beyond the small sprites. The storage system needs work, perhaps storage boxes should be based on Generation.

gpg5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is Soul Silver a cart? If not, this program won't work for it. For 3ds games it supports carts and installs, whether it's through the store or a .cia. Maybe .3ds files too, but not sure about that.. DS games are cart only.

you two, please do not spread misinformation. PKSM supports all main line games from gen3+, including a method for twl saves.

Sorry, I'm not sure if I know how to explain more. I installed the CIA, and have started a soul silver run, but when I load PKSM, nothing will show up for its save data or any of the other games. What other info should I be telling you? Again, sorry for the ignorance.

please read the wiki.

D

Deleted User

I just wanted to thank you for this and say how much value it's given me to my existing 3DS Pokemon games.

I've been using it for over a day now; got here by accident after initially looking for PKHeX, but this is by far the better option for me.
Have this installed on my New 3DS XL USA inside Homebrew and I really appreciate that everything I need is inside the 3DS, no PC required.

Getting my games late, I missed out on most of the Gift Codes, which didn't make an optimal playing experience; now I can play with all the Gift Codes I want, have the Pokedex finished so that I can focus on just my roster of all-Shiny Pokemon, and even have Satoshi's Original Pikachu by my side.

Living the dream.
This will definitely tide me over until the next decent Pokemon game.

Reactions: guisadop

k7ra

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hmm, does pksm see DS gamecart if it's a fake?
I want to buy pokemon ds games and want to get legit ones.
So, search for a method to do it with 3ds

gpg5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, does pksm see DS gamecart if it's a fake?
I want to buy pokemon ds games and want to get legit ones.
So, search for a method to do it with 3ds
Depending on the fake, pksm will either work perfectly, or not be able to read it. You’d be better off by trying to determine legitimacy by looking at the cart.

D

Deleted User

This is how to use PKSM for TWiLightMenu++ Pokemon Games running without the Cartridge.
  • On PKSM, press X for Settings, tap on the Misc Tab then tap the 3-Lines on Extra Saves
  • Choose your Pokemon title from the selection
  • Press A to Add Save then navigate to the TWiLightMenu++ saves, which should be the Saves folder in your NDS ROMs folder
  • Press B to back out to the main interface once you've added the save files
  • In the main interface, press Y for Absent Games and navigate to your Pokemon title
  • Press A to Load your saves as normal
It's a bit of a dig to find, even with Google and this website's Search function, so I'm posting here for others down the line.

gpg5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how to use PKSM for TWiLightMenu++ Pokemon Games running without the Cartridge.
It's a bit of a dig to find, even with Google and this website's Search function, so I'm posting here for others down the line.
It is literally in the wiki. Not that hard to find.
Hiya! Is there a tutorial to compile this on msys2? I have windows soo....
Compiling instructions can be found in the project’s README.

D

Deleted User

It is literally in the wiki. Not that hard to find.
Congratulations. You must feel accomplished pointing out the obvious.
Easy to find and easy to understand are two different things.

That said, if Reading Comprehension is hard for you, then let me point out the obvious:
It's a bit of a dig to find, even with Google and this website's Search function

When there's no Search function in the Wiki and none of the answers on this Website are directly written in a way that will show up on a website Search, then it helps to actually write it down.

Of course you knew that, in your infinite wisdom as a Level 2 Newcomer, so if you have a comment quota to fulfil, go right ahead.

Reactions: guisadop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1