PKSM: VC Gen 1 Save Issue

Thee_Stranger

Unknown Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone. I'm playing a colorized, romhacked, Virtual Console inject of Pokemon Red on my 3DS at the moment. I used the Title ID option to get PKSM to recognize the game. However, whenever I attempt to edit my save with PKSM and return to the game, it never seems to take, or actually update the save with my implemented edits. It just defaults back to my original, unedited save whenever I launch the game. Does anyone know if this could have anything to do with the save states or anything?

I actually did manage to get it to work -- only one single time -- and I have no idea what I actually did to achieve it. Well, I do know that I cloned all of my Pokemon in my party, put them in my PKSM storage, and then cloned them from the storage and moved them back into my in-game box. But it only ever worked that one time, and whenever I try to repeat the method, it never actually updates my save when I launch the game. When I reload the save through PKSM before launching the game, it displays all my edits. After I launch the game and return to PKSM, however, it has defaulted back to the original save again, and I have to go through the process, and make all the edits again.

I never get any error codes that say it can't save or anything, and it did actually work once, so I'm pretty sure my saves must be the right format and everything. And I know that it's possible.

I'm assuming the edited save is applied straight to the "cartridge", and not the Virtual Console save state.

Does anyone know what this issue is?? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, again.

EDIT: In the interest of posterity, I will answer my own question. It does indeed appear to have something to do with the VC save states. To rectify this issue, simply power off your 3DS after saving. After editing the save in PKSM, and booting up the game again, your edits should be in place.

Last edited by Thee_Stranger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021