Hacking PIRATED VC GAMES - Easy to detect!

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is a warning to everyone pirating VC games: you're much better off just using an emulator. I'm not here to ruin your fun or give a lecture on the ethical nature of piracy, just hear me out.

The reason being is that the information for downloaded VC games is stored inside your Wii, in the form of a ticket. As far as I know, these are kept intact even after you delete the game! This means that some values on your Wii's NAND determine if you can redownload a game or not. The Wii Shop server keeps logs of your transactions as well. They are locked to your Wii shop account, and, depending on if you linked them, your My Nintendo account. If the storage inside the Wii and the Wii Shop server do not match up, then Nintendo has real proof that you downloaded the game illegally!

I'm just warning everyone how easily this can be detected by Nintendo! So if you value your Wii's online capability, DO NOT INSTALL PIRATE VC GAMES.

malsuk

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the warning, I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if Waninkoko WAD installer leaves any traces/code info that allows Nintendo to see that a VC game has been installed with this method??.

Also same question when the VC game is removed from your Wii are any traces/code info left???

would Waninkoko answer this???

would be nice to know if any code has or could be removed to stop Nintendo from seeing this some kind off stealth

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The short answer to your question is yes... whatever is installed leaves a trace. To the moron above re the signing bug; Might want to look up that little thing called IOS37 which is due any time now. Otherwise you just look silly.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
coolbho3000 said:
This is a warning to everyone pirating VC games: you're much better off just using an emulator. I'm not here to ruin your fun or give a lecture on the ethical nature of piracy, just hear me out.

The reason being is that the information for downloaded VC games is stored inside your Wii. As far as I know, these are kept intact even after you delete the game! This means that some values on your Wii's NAND determine if you can redownload a game or not. The Wii Shop server (most probably) keeps logs of your transactions as well. They are locked to your Wii shop account. If the storage inside the Wii and the Wii Shop server do not match up, then Nintendo has real proof that you downloaded the game illegally!

I'm just warning everyone how easily this can be detected by Nintendo! So if you value your Wii's online capability, DO NOT INSTALL PIRATE VC GAMES.

Strongly agree mate.
I would not want to download the games from the Wiishop even though i don't use online gaming. I will install them myself though.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nah nintendo don't care, and not very likekly that i'll ever buy anything from that store. haven't even launched it in like half year.

but well maybe it's better if you don't install VC games. I never even saw why would you wanna buy old games while you can just play them on psp, pc etc.heh. Or jsut get real snes/nes. Could be cheaper than buy those overpriced games from shopping channel.

lou_weed

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i must agree with the 1st post.
dont install them until the channels will be completely different , and won't be detected as genuine downloaded games.

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
might sound rude dude but mind your own business its not like you need to educate an old nintendo scene i think everyone here knows the risk with our r4s and our wiikeys

Bv8360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i wish i read this before i installed 3 of them!!

Cheers guys
dry.gif

That's o.k. I'll tell you all about it if my wii ends up banned!!

smile.gif

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
asher said:
might sound rude dude but mind your own business its not like you need to educate an old nintendo scene i think everyone here knows the risk with our r4s and our wiikeys
he's trying to warn us because pirating a ds with a flash cart or a wii with a modchip is not the same as pirating VC games, he kinda has a point there.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
asher said:
No, they don't. Seriously. The amount of "wer da romz lol" questions we get astound me, and currently members actually have to manually type out something like "You can not get ROMs from GBAtemp" before they are allowed to register. Stupidity never fails to amaze, my expectations of humanity lower every day.

mb01

Trophies
XP
Country
Just don't download them from the Wiishop. Install them yourself and you'll be fine. Also the people that use these 'pirated' VC games probably wont need to go on the Wiishop now anyway.

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's always best to wait a few weeks/months to see what happens. A few weeks from now, the same stuff will still be available, and more will be known -- and perhaps, something better will come along.

But then ... you wait a few weeks/months to see what happens with that 'something better' and then something better comes out that you wait a few weeks/months to see what happens with ..........

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
asher.. he doesn't talk about R4 or wiikey.. he talks about the pirated VC games. and if you read the first post, , you will see the obvious statement he does.
You have a game that IS LOCKED to your wii, and you can RE-DOWNLOAD IT for free... but wait, it doesn't say that you've downloaded / payed for it in the first place (you know, you can watch a list of that stored to your account)..

So therefore nintendo could easily see if you have the game and hasn't played it.

What do you get "risk with our r4s" from? That has nothing to do with it all, and honestly... what's the risk with those (unless you cheat on online games)?

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Couldnt the data being left behind be part of the installation process via wiishop?
So unless you download it from Wiishop it may not leave data behind.. but i dunno.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning