Gaming Pikmin 3 has gone rare!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just over at the grandparents house testing Zelda WW I bought used. Noticed one or two of the games I bought come in a red box. (At least I think it's red). Maybe just a replacement box, I have no idea. I am sure that wouldn't make Wiicube happy.

Microsoft must have been involved with LCU with those crazy load times. :)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Noticed one or two of the games I bought come in a red box.
You mean like this?
BpC9uK0CYAEDT90.jpg:medium

EDIT: I should mention for the record, SM3DW in the US does NOT come in a red case. Mario Kart 8 does, though (limited / pre-order edition AFAIK). Who took the picture above simply switched the cases. http://www.veooz.com/photos/WHEK8VQ.html

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably was MK8, bought on sale from Wally World .com for $35. Can't check right now as all the games are hiding at grandparents house. :)

banjojohn

Trophies
XP
Country
It sometimes drops to £20 just keep an eye out but really, you sure you'd want to buy this game knowing of the terribly long loading times and such? It's not that great of a game, I found it to be just about OK.

P.S.: I finally got an LCU cover with the green coloured stripe (UK) but damn that's kind of scarce even in UK!

Thanks for the info, but I think I will still try and find it for a good price. We are regular LEGO fans at my home, with about 300 kg and the stuff :) And my son would love to watch me play it (he's only 2½)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Was just over at the grandparents house testing Zelda WW I bought used. Noticed one or two of the games I bought come in a red box. (At least I think it's red). Maybe just a replacement box, I have no idea. I am sure that wouldn't make Wiicube happy.

Microsoft must have been involved with LCU with those crazy load times. :)

:P

Batman Arkham Origins came with a white Wii case and I was kinda annoyed since it broke the inconsistency with all being blue Wii U cases. If you check on eBay you'll see that sellers have it with the Wii white case for some reason, guess the white cases were cheaper or something. I replaced with a new blue Wii U case anyway.

m4ICuQl0ehpPwzD1-2S4FCw.jpg
mQC42At6ImSENX4siUJv0Pg.jpg
mEBUZ3lYT_1G0buKkxGT0-A.jpg

It sucks that the Wii U version doesn't allow the Deathstroke DLC to be played straight away like the other versions apparently do.

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I own the game digitally, got it when I got Mario Kart 8. Not really my kind of game anyways, but I owned all of the others.

Anyway, It's pretty fucked up if it's out of print. Like someone mentioned earlier in this tread, a few amiibo's are already out of production? I dunno', man. I love Nintendo, but they're fucking up pretty hard in the actual sales and marketing department. : /

styckx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more you know...! Very nice collection and thanks for correcting me. :)

Lumstar: AFAIK, all mature / adults only games in Japan come with a black case. E.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/WiiU-Ninja-...47818079?pt=FR_Jeux_Vidéo&hash=item2342fe4f5f

:) Decided to finally sign up here. Re-Purchased a Wii-U two months ago (I bought it at launch and sold it in two weeks originally). What a difference a few years makes. I love it

For the topic at hand.. I walked into Gamestop two weeks ago and grabbed Pikmin 3 used for $50 and they had two copies..

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a price alert from glyde for $17 Super Luigi U. Noticed a new copy of Pickmin 3 is $100 and a used one is $41.50.

Edit: Dang, that was fast. Went back to browse around and Pikmin was gone! 2:15AM!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Interesting. Pikmin 3 here still has very good availability (e.g. http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/37966/dhfrn/Pikmin-3-Wii-U-peli) and it's priced regularly at 46,90€ euros, which is £37 pounds or $57 USD. (Keep in mind that we pay 24% value-added tax in Finland, which is already included in the price. So for comparison a new Pikmin 3 copy costs $46 USD without VAT.)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have to pay the VAT on pre-owned items?

I have only spent a couple of hours with it so far and I like the pace as I am a crappy gamer.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do you have to pay the VAT on pre-owned items?
Yes and no. If you buy pre-owned items from a company, the VAT must be included in the price. If you buy pre-owned items from an individual, the VAT doesn't have to be calculated separately as the VAT for the item has already been paid when it was sold new and/or imported into the EU region originally.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my local walmart still had 20+ copies of the game when this thread was started and did until wednesday someone must have bought them all to resell on thursday cause they were gone friday.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...