Picofly AIO Thread

Raugo

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
what firmware have you used? this should not happen if you had a working OFW before the install (unless you have used v2.5 firmware). If possible, please send me BOOT0 backup in PM.

to fix that you can boot stock firmware with hekate, then apply the latest system update in an official way

Is strange, now I get this error when I try to launch HOS from hekate, I tried earlier and worked. I'm using 2.64 firmware in a fresh install.

If I desolder the Dat0 the conosle launch hos without problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20230413_215033.jpg
    IMG_20230413_215033.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1681416595728.png

sigh.... i keep getting these messages even after resoldering almost everything as pretty as it can be :(
(cant for the life of me, make a dump, i was able to do an emunand though. But also every time i try to do a FAT32 nand backup, it gives me this. SD & eMMC data (@LBA somethin somethin). any help? thanks!

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sigh.... i keep getting these messages even after resoldering almost everything as pretty as it can be :(
try double resistors (94 Ohm) for CMD & DAT0
Post automatically merged:

Is strange, now I get this error when I try to launch HOS from hekate
same thing. you get some interference on eMMC lines, it can't completely work on the full speed. clean flux, use shorter wires, put double resistors on CMD & D0

cicci084

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, is all installed and get the no sd card screen but I have a problem, if I boot with vol- + vol+ to boot stock the console get stuck in a black screen after the nintendo logo.
Read here, my experience.

View attachment 364784
(cant for the life of me, make a dump, i was able to do an emunand though. But also every time i try to do a FAT32 nand backup, it gives me this. SD & eMMC data (@LBA somethin somethin). any help? thanks!
Try these points on the pcb. You will have shorter wires and better signal.
Read on first post (guide of point).
On Picofly FW 2.6 all ok.
Try another microsd card.

Last edited by cicci084,

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read here, my experience.

Try these points on the pcb. You will have shorter wires and better signal.
Read on first post (guide of point).
On Picofly FW 2.6 all ok.
Try another microsd card.
those are the points im using lol, but wire size makes a difference? i never knew that. ill make them all way shorter. and ill try the rest. thank you!

cicci084

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
those are the points im using lol, but wire size makes a difference? i never knew that. ill make them all way shorter. and ill try the rest. thank you!

Surely if you use a very thin wire it is better to reduce the length, otherwise you could use thicker wire.

Personally I've never had emmc reading problems.

Obviously we could give you better advice by seeing in detail the welds made and knowing the gauge of the wires used.

The advice I can give you at the moment are:

1) shorten the cables.
2) clean the excess flux well.
3) Double-check each weld under a microscope (or loupe) and touch up if you notice anything like cold welds.
4) replace the resistors, perhaps too much heat from the soldering iron could alter their values
5) personally I prepare the chip by first installing the resistors (after having isolated the points of the boot button) and then I fix the resistors with the UV mask in order to block them and use the soldering iron at max 275 degrees for a short time, placing the tip and lifting it as soon as.
See photos.

That said, if you send in detailed photos it might come up with something that pulls the bunny out of the hat/cylinder.

By the way, I hope I haven't done something stupid/wasted money.

I bought a dozen rp2040-zero on aliexpress (13 actually being a lucky number) and only now I realize that they could be fake.
I say this because there is no raspberry logo on the chip.
Those taken from Amazon have the logo but cost 4 times more.
I attach screenshots (I don't know if I can put aliexpress direct links).
Did I screw up?

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_132012.jpg
    IMG_20230411_132012.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20230411_133938.jpg
    IMG_20230411_133938.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20230414_014630_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    Screenshot_20230414_014630_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited by cicci084,
Reactions: naldo29

snake2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ones I bought from AliExpress do not show the RP logo in the product image but it is there on the ones that got delivered. It is on the larger IC on the back

Reactions: cicci084

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Pkg1 decryption failed!
BEK is missing!
Failed to launch HOS!

I am getting this error in hekate in my pico switch lite. How can I fix it?

naldo29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely if you use a very thin wire it is better to reduce the length, otherwise you could use thicker wire.

Obviously we could give you better advice by seeing in detail the welds made and knowing the gauge of the wires used.

1) shorten the cables.
3) Double-check each weld under a microscope (or loupe) and touch up if you notice anything like cold welds.
4) replace the resistors, perhaps too much heat from the soldering iron could alter their values
5) personally I prepare the chip by first installing the resistors (after having isolated the points of the boot button) and then I fix the resistors with the UV mask in order to block them and use the soldering iron at max 275 degrees for a short time, placing the tip and lifting it as soon as.
See photos.

That said, if you send in detailed photos it might come up with something that pulls the bunny out of the hat/cylinder.

I bought a dozen rp2040-zero on aliexpress (13 actually being a lucky number) and only now I realize that they could be fake.
Did I screw up?
thank you so much, ill redo everything all show you how well i did, ur chip looks fantastic compared to mine lol, also could you please send me the link to the copper wire you use? for the life of me i cant get the wire to expose itself when im using it. no matter how much i put flux on it or that i dip it into my soldering iron with solder on it, it just doesnt expose itself properly. Anyways the place that you bought the chip from is the same place where i bought it, if you check the reviews, they all have the official logo. Idk why they remove it in the pics but its the official chip.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pkg1 decryption failed!
BEK is missing!
Failed to launch HOS!

I am getting this error in hekate in my pico switch lite. How can I fix it?
What version of the firmware are you using?

If you flashed the 2.5 or earlier firmware, and no unlock, then you can get this kind of message.
There was also a 2.5 + unlock file that was floating around for a while that failed to unlock the boot.

What you need is the latest firmware, which comes pre-unlocked. No unlock necessary, just flash the one file and let it rip.

Here's a link to the current guide for installing the PicoFly

https://gbatemp.net/download/a-definitive-picofly-install-guide.37968/

Reactions: WalangAlam

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

1) shorten the cables.
See photos.

Did I screw up?
No worries the logo is only silk. Remove the silk to reduce the cost.

WalangAlam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
What version of the firmware are you using?

If you flashed the 2.5 or earlier firmware, and no unlock, then you can get this kind of message.
There was also a 2.5 + unlock file that was floating around for a while that failed to unlock the boot.

What you need is the latest firmware, which comes pre-unlocked. No unlock necessary, just flash the one file and let it rip.

Here's a link to the current guide for installing the PicoFly

https://gbatemp.net/download/a-definitive-picofly-install-guide.37968/
i flashed this PiCoFly FW2.5+unlock.uf2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo