Picofly AIO Thread

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
as a rule, even on the basic v1s there is always only 47 between cmd data and CLK and only in case of problems it doubles on cmd and data... try without doubles

The reason for these errors is usually some kind of signal interference on the dat0/cmd lines. The reason for using stronger resistance (100 ohm) is to reduce electrical noise from the rp2040, which sometimes solves these problems. Lowering the resistance will only increase the noise. Remember, the only task the rp2040 is supposed to perform happens before the switch boots. After that it should stay as silent as possible. As long as it is able to glitch, more resistance is better. I think the more likely culprit here is bad solder joints or too much flux residue still on the board. Time to clean things up with some isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush.

Reactions: karatefeet

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The reason for these errors is usually some kind of signal interference on the dat0/cmd lines. The reason for using stronger resistance (100 ohm) is to reduce electrical noise from the rp2040, which sometimes solves these problems. Lowering the resistance will only increase the noise. Remember, the only task the rp2040 is supposed to perform happens before the switch boots. After that it should stay as silent as possible. As long as it is able to glitch, more resistance is better. I think the more likely culprit here is bad solder joints or too much flux residue still on the board. Time to clean things up with some isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush.
Very insightfull explanation.One thing worth mentioning is that this V1 has very slow boot times. Some things i would like to mention are that i do not have flux on the boards. Everything has been cleaned properly and put into solder mask(i tend to put a big amout of mask and then let it cure.From experience taking solder mask off, sometimes it does not cure all the way through since i put a lot in order to cover the joint properly,but i dont know if this could be the reason).
The other option remains the soldering job,witch lately i doubt myself if i did a good solder job or not but i am not sure since i dont have a base line to compare with.
One thing to worth mentioning is that lately ive been putting more solder on the pico, to the point where i have big blobs (they look good and secure) on the pins. I do not have this console im speaking about anymore so i can not give any pictures to judge.
I will be posting more pictures tomorrow with a fresh new install.

One more question that i am having. I am suspecting that my batch of picofly clones are shit,but i dont know how to check it .
One noticible difference: First batch worked flawleslly , i never had problems, it was always working. After flashing the picofly, i like to test it several times,by plugging it back into the pc to see what error code i get. Before i was always getting ** RST missing.
Now on this new batch, sometimes i get ** RST , but sometimes i get *=
I dont know if this is normal or relevant to the problems that i am having lately.

Attachments

• image_2023-10-05_145214662.png
    image_2023-10-05_145214662.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 28
Last edited by Crung,

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
It would seem my RP2040-Zero has stopped working, the Switch (lite) keeps booting into OFW. Apparently that's a thing know. I'm getting the dreaded ==* error, but the MOSFET's are such a pain to get to that I'd rather try a different board first. I don't have a RP2040-Zero, but I have XIAO-RP2040 lying around. However, I think there might b an error in the guide. The board solder points for SDA and SCL are listed as 4 and 4, which are already occupied by D0 and CPU. Am I missing something? Also, is 2.75 proven or should I stick to 2.73 (I might have 2.74 on the Zero).
1696730055721.png

1696730105772.png

BTW, the SDA and SCL connected on the Zero; it doesn't seem to be helping (if ever) anymore.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would seem my RP2040-Zero has stopped working, the Switch (lite) keeps booting into OFW. Apparently that's a thing know. I'm getting the dreaded ==* error, but the MOSFET's are such a pain to get to that I'd rather try a different board first. I don't have a RP2040-Zero, but I have XIAO-RP2040 lying around. However, I think there might b an error in the guide. The board solder points for SDA and SCL are listed as 4 and 4, which are already occupied by D0 and CPU. Am I missing something? Also, is 2.75 proven or should I stick to 2.73 (I might have 2.74 on the Zero).
View attachment 398056

View attachment 398057

BTW, the SDA and SCL connected on the Zero; it doesn't seem to be helping (if ever) anymore.
What is it gonna help if u change the board if u have a MOSFET(or wire) issue?
The seed dia was made before the sda scl was ever a thing , maybe the pins have been changed after the sda scl update.
Yes 2.75 is stable otherwise it would've been taken down like 2.74.

I would say that the zero suddenly stopped working is not a thing now cause I installed way over a 100 and have not gotten any claims about a not working board. Eather u used a clone and thats where the issue is or your wire/mosefets have a issue.

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
What is it gonna help if u change the board if u have a MOSFET(or wire) issue?
The seed dia was made before the sda scl was ever a thing , maybe the pins have been changed after the sda scl update.
Yes 2.75 is stable otherwise it would've been taken down like 2.74.

I would say that the zero suddenly stopped working is not a thing now cause I installed way over a 100 and have not gotten any claims about a not working board. Eather u used a clone and thats where the issue is or your wire/mosefets have a issue.
Indeed, MOSFET issues is more likely, but replacing the board is much faster and easy. When researching the error I found few reports where replacing the board fixed it. I just wanted to point the error in the guide in case someone knows the correct solder points (if supported on the XIAO at all).
Post automatically merged:

Indeed, MOSFET issues is more likely, but replacing the board is much faster and easy. When researching the error I found few reports where replacing the board fixed it. I just wanted to point the error in the guide in case someone knows the correct solder points (if supported on the XIAO at all).
So far no luck with the XIAO either, still getting ==*. The SDA and SCL wires are not connected though as I don't know the corresponding pins on the XIAO. Does anyone?
Originally, when I installed the Waveshare board I was getting ==* until the SDA and SCL were connected. Would be nice to rule out the board completely before moving to the MOSFET's.

Last edited by zorusgb,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Post automatically merged:

So far no luck with the XIAO either, still getting ==*. The SDA and SCL wires are not connected though as I don't know the corresponding pins on the XIAO. Does anyone?
Originally, when I installed the Waveshare board I was getting ==* until the SDA and SCL were connected. Would be nice to rule out the board completely before moving to the MOSFET's.
U have a issue with ur MOSFET.
How many MOSFETs do u have installed and what wire have u used?
According to the i2c post its pin 3 and 4.

I have never ran in to a case where sda scl was needed I guess u have bad soldering on ur MOSFETs that's why u need it.

Like I said check for the issue and don't just switch boards that's not how troubleshooting works

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

I have never ran in to a case where sda scl was needed I guess u have bad soldering on ur MOSFETs that's why u need it.

Like I said check for the issue and don't just switch boards that's not how troubleshooting works
its hard to check for issues when you dont know what to look for. It s way easyer to narrow it down by changing component and ruling them out 1 by one. Its a bad process but its the best as a newbie. That is what i feel like.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its hard to check for issues when you dont know what to look for. It s way easyer to narrow it down by changing component and ruling them out 1 by one. Its a bad process but its the best as a newbie. That is what i feel like.
No u know where the issue lies most likely its the mosfets.
How many do u have installed?
What wire are u using to solder them?
What switch is it?

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

I've read the guide, it cant be pins 3 and 4; those are already used by CPU and D0 on XIAO.

I have one MOSFET, installed in this fashion:

1696806052547.png

I see the guide now also provides soldering points for the MOSFET on the back. What's the current preferred method?
Still 2 in front, or perhaps 1 front 1 back or 2 on back. Has anyone done 2 on back? Any caveats?

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've read the guide, it cant be pins 3 and 4; those are already used by CPU and D0 on XIAO.

View attachment 398205

I see the guide now also provides soldering points for the MOSFET on the back. What's the current preferred method?
Still 2 in front, or perhaps 1 front 1 back or 2 on back. Has anyone done 2 on back? Any caveats?
ive done 8 front mosfet installs. V1/V2/lite. I was using only 1 mosfet.
However now i have new batch of mosfets and these ones dont seem to work (i tryed 1x mosfet install on one console, it did not work, and i just abandoned this method. I did not try 2x mosfets).
give it a try.
i also agree that your problem is with mosfet.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

View attachment 398205

What switch do u have?
Then its no wonder ur having issues.
Use 2 MOSFETs in the front and be done with it that's why ur probably having issues.
Or try if the one MOSFET in the back works for u without Sda/Scl

zorusgb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
What switch do u have?
Then its no wonder ur having issues.
Use 2 MOSFETs in the front and be done with it that's why ur probably having issues.
Or try if the one MOSFET in the back works for u without Sda/Scl
I have Switch Lite. Can the MOSFET be measured through the CPU wire? If I end up replacing it and it turns out it's the cause it could be useful information for future troubleshooting.

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I have Switch Lite. Can the MOSFET be measured through the CPU wire? If I end up replacing it and it turns out it's the cause it could be useful information for future troubleshooting.
Broo... you NEED 2 MOSFETS on apu on lite and V2. This information is in the guide. That is why you re having problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    what's up woke boy
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What.
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    i am sad ugh
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    What are we playing today?
    Destiny 2 and Pokemon Alpha saphire
  • Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022:
    Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up
    +1
    yassssss i love emerald
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    more of a platinum guy myself personally
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys i just checked to see what's in the fortnite item shop today and saw that metallica skins, atla skins and jjk skins are in the item shop at the same time rn, shit's not real 💀
    +1
    im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Btw it seems like the user dtapple disabled others posting on their profile, either they are going through something or they blocked me. Better leave them alone ig
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I sat on my ball and I think I crushed it

:sad:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Veho, atleast you still have the other one
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's why we have two balls. Redundancy.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The squished one still hurts like a motherfucker tho.
  • 4d1xlaan @ 4d1xlaan:
    why did you do that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @4d1xlaan, he just wanted to sit down
  • T @ Texasauras:
    admonish
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, fixed it?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, fixed it?